• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

Third Strike is the best Street Fighter in my eyes but I can see why someone would nominate SFII.

Edit: Now that's a pick, Ben! My man!

abrack08

Ian telling Huber he doesn't HAVE to backdash through SotN (even though it's faster) is funny, based on how he played Nier Automata.

LycanXIII

Can someone post the picks? Can't watch rite now.

Huber:
Dragon Quest VIII
Don:
Sim City 4
Brandon:
World of Warcraft
Damiani:
Super Mario 64
Brad:
Super Mario 64
Ian:
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Kyle:
Link's Awakening DX
Bloodworth:
Street Fighter II
Ben:
Valkyria Chronicles

Voting needs to be done better. Do it Survivor style. Everyone puts their vote in a cup for the game they want, instead of this head's up seven up game.

Edit: Oh man, the voting controversy.
Banned for a year:
WoW and Sim City 4
Winner:
Super Mario 64 (15) and Street Fighter II (14)

mishakoz

Huber:
Dragon Quest VIII
Don:
Sim City 4
Brandon:
World of Warcraft
Damiani:
Super Mario 64
Brad:
Super Mario 64
Ian:
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Kyle:
Link's Awakening DX
Bloodworth:
Street Fighter II
Ben:
Valkyria Chronicles

Voting needs to be done better. Do it Survivor style. Everyone puts their vote in a cup for the game they want, instead of this head's up seven up game.

Edit: Oh man, the voting controversy.

These picks are terrible. Mario 64 I guess, maybe Castlevania too.

ShadyK54

These picks are terrible. Mario 64 I guess, maybe Castlevania too.

I don't think they're terrible. IMO, I like that they're picks that are kind of out of left field and not obvious for each person. (except maybe Ian's)

I will say that Jones' game got a bashing lol. Some of the arguments felt like they came from a tiny place of contempt. Contempt might be too strong of a word, idk.

Loved Blood's demonstrations & "YOU BASTARDS" lmao.

Finally, that crunch. I'm all in on E3 hype right now.

Karu

You basterds! :D

Loved the SimCity4-pick. Too bad Don couldn't elaborate any further. Not my kinda game, but from its reputation and stuff, I definitely could see it being one of the greats. WoW definitely belongs either way, the ban is hilarious, though. Brad with the last-second choke.

Generally a solid list. While I see Kyle's point it would be a bit disappointing to see a runner-up always compete the next time. Would perhaps (I am not even sure myself) like it, if they don't allow repeats in the very next discussion.

Ultimadrago

I'm just glad the obvious Super Mario 64 pick is out of the way. I'm not really a fan of Hall of Greats anyways.

As others have emoted, however, E3 coverage will be here before we know it! Looking forward to it.

farisr

So allies, I need some advice.

Currently I'm about 3-4 weeks behind on my best of videos, and my schedule I have set up will allow me to slowly catch up eventually. But the more I think about it, the more I wonder whether it just makes sense to have the best of videos remain at this gap of 3-4 weeks.

Doing it this way allows people to forget some things that happened, and let's people revisit moments that happened about a month ago, as opposed to stuff that just happened last week/a few days ago.

The other advantage to this would be, it would allow me to work ahead when I have time, which would create a nice safety cushion of videos prepared already in case something happens (I get sick, or PC problems etc, stuff that caused me to lag behind in the first place).

I mean, it'd be one thing if I was actually working at EZA and these were plainly summary/recap videos that covered the last week's worth of stuff, it'd make sense at that point to be totally up to date/current to get viewers caught up. But that's obviously not the case here.

What do you guys think? Should I try to slowly catch up, or should I just let it remain at this gap from now on?

Oh, also latest one went up a few hours ago: Best Of Easy Allies - 2017-17 - Roll Up The Rim

I'm just glad the obvious Super Mario 64 pick is out of the way. I'm not really a fan of Hall of Greats anyways.

As others have emoted, however, E3 coverage will be here before we know it! Looking forward to it.
I think Hall of Greats is great, it's an opportunity (outside of reviews) for EZA to flex their critic muscles.

Currently I'm about 3-4 weeks behind on my best of videos, and my schedule I have set up will allow me to slowly catch up eventually. But the more I think about it, the more I wonder whether it just makes sense to have the best of videos remain at this gap of 3-4 weeks.

I completely agree. In fact I almost made a comment about this in a recente video of yours, that is nice that it's got a delay so I can remember these moments.

(But I do watch most of EZA content, so maybe people that don't watch the streams enjoy a weekly summary? anyway, 0 gap is insane to expect)

Mikey Jr.

Doing it this way allows people to forget some things that happened, and let's people revisit moments that happened about a month ago, as opposed to stuff that just happened last week/a few days ago.

The other advantage to this would be, it would allow me to work ahead when I have time, which would create a nice safety cushion of videos prepared already in case something happens (I get sick, or PC problems etc, stuff that caused me to lag behind in the first place).

I mean, it'd be one thing if I was actually working at EZA and these were plainly summary/recap videos that covered the last week's worth of stuff, it'd make sense at that point to be totally up to date/current to get viewers caught up. But that's obviously not the case here.

What do you guys think? Should I try to slowly catch up, or should I just let it remain at this gap from now on?

Oh, also latest one went up a few hours ago: Best Of Easy Allies - 2017-17 - Roll Up The Rim

First of all, gotta say, great work man. Just watched your latest.

How are you getting everything? Are you literally watching every piece of content? Or do you get outside help on what is funny?

And I like the gap idea. 4 weeks back is cool. Like you said, lots of this stuff is still fresh in my mind.

And honestly, I don't watch your videos for recaps to be perfectly honest. Like, you can use stuff from a year ago for all I care. I just watch it for the funny moments, and to see the things I missed because I can't watch the 20 hours of content a week.

Budi

World of Warcraft just is one of the greatest video games of all time but seeing as it's technically a service that has admittedly got worse, it's difficult to defend the sum of all its parts.

I think Jones should've specified the WOTLK expansion which was easily the game's finest hour.

While I agree that Wotlk was the peak atleast in terms of raid content, Ulduar is still my absolute favorite raid with great visual and mechanics design. Especially love how you triggered hard modes by different actions, playing in a special way, rather than just clicking more hp to the boss from a menu. I thought it was quite creative. I can't say the game has got worse overall. They have added so much new content of different variety along the way. That being said, Legion is the expansion I haven't played at all so can't comment on the current state of the game. Also the content droughts have hurted the expansions late in their cycles for sure. But there's been constant improvements on some areas too. It's not all downhill by a long shot.

Edit: Also still haven't watched the stream so can't comment on their arguments. But will watch after work probably and comment more then.

i've watched every minute of your videos and being 3-4 weeks "behind" doesn't seem like a bad thing at all. Thank you a ton for doing these. It's awesome having these as i'm not able to watch as much of their stuff as I wish I could. Also, its gotta be said, they are extremely high quality and the EZA community is very fortunate to have you around.

One thing I might recommend is doing a best of the best of your videos 2 to 3 times per year as I'd bet those might gain more traction with casual viewers and it would be handy having the "best" stuff all in a few videos.

As expected, Hall of Greats 2 was superb. Love these types of streams. Blood's visual aids for Street Fighter were the highlight for me.

abrack08

I'm in favor of the gap. For the stuff I have seen, it's more fun revisiting it a month or so later rather than a few days/one week. Plus you're putting in a shit load of effort out of the kindness of your heart, so I'm also all for you doing whatever you need to to make it as convenient as possible for yourself.

luchadork

brad totally voted for wow.
then voted for mario 64.
it was only after the mario64 vote that damiani clarified brads vote.
you shouldnt be able to change your vote once its counted.
therefore wow got 2 votes and should be unbanned.

#justiceforazeroth

farisr

First of all, gotta say, great work man. Just watched your latest.
Thanks.
How are you getting everything? Are you literally watching every piece of content? Or do you get outside help on what is funny?
So I watch the stuff that I normally would like the podcasts, some of the produced shows, maybe a stream or two (that's rare) in its entirety. Then I literally skim through every other video myself first, 3-6 seconds at a time per key press, watching for expression changes/audio queues. If I catch something, I go back and check out what it was, and clip it out if I consider it worth it. (Probably 1 out of every 10 times I come across something like this, it's actually something worth clipping out)

After that, at the start of the next week (Sunday) I check out the twitch clips from the past 7 days. See if there was anything I've missed. I think there have been maybe 4 moments over the last 17 week's worth of content or so, where I found something in the twitch clips that I missed using my method.

Also, I make sure to pretty much read every comment in this thread and take note of any moments that were being talked about.
I can't watch the 20 hours of content a week.
You know, if it was actually just 20 hours of content, I'd probably watch all of it myself rather than doing the skimming through thing (as I end up watching anywhere from 6-9 hours per week anyways). But yeah, they tend to average around 50 hours a week. (Maximum so far has been around 80ish).
One thing I might recommend is doing a best of the best of your videos 2 to 3 times per year as I'd bet those might gain more traction with casual viewers and it would be handy having the "best" stuff all in a few videos.
Oh trust me, I have some plans already in the works along those lines (not exactly that), and those videos are basically being worked on on the side as I'm working on the regular ones.

Lokbob

blood2mdyb8.gif

Karu

"What... what is happening" - the Allies.

Haha, great moment.

Edit: Cool to hear that Ben will eventually pick Xenoblade for the Hall of Greats. Will be a fun debate, for sure.

Edit2:

"2 and a half hour podcast tonight. Hoo boy. E3's comin'." @trailerjones

*grins* Wooha.

Kneefoil

lol
Blood's visual aids were great!

My own HoG votes would've been:

Super Mario 64 - 3 points, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - 2 votes, Sim City 4 - 1 point

TLoZ:LADX is interchangeable with SC4, but I would've liked more to see the latter added because I think games like it have a harder time getting into HoG than Zelda games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom