• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eating of Raw Meat

Kev Kev

throw up jim carrey GIF

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Cooks: "Fuck, we don't have enough time to cook the food for customers. What should we do? We got it!"

New menu item: Boeuf au Raw

Customer: "What's that?"

Cook: "It's our new creation. Less cooking the better."

Customer: "We'll take it"

Cook: Gets 3 plates and slops 3 raw pieces of meat on it, adds garnish, and hands it to waiters to serve

Last edited:
I don't mind some sashimi, caviar in sushi or things like yellowfin with some lemon juice when served etc. However you wouldn't catch me eating supermarket raw meat like Wendy in the OP does, at least go to the butchers FFS. I enjoy a rare steak but prefer medium rare, raw flesh isn't a texture I enjoy as much as cooked.

longdi

Banned
i thought raw food needs to undergo flash freezing or something
to kill any worms and bacteria on it.

raw meat = no-no
but i love some cooked herbal flying fox soup. 🤭

20160803_GinsengHerbalChicken_tnp.jpg

Tschumi

Her breath must stink... Reek...

I've ate lots of sashimi here, i prefer it to cooked fish, it seems like they have a perverse obsession with accentuating fishy smells to the point of skunk musk potency when they cook the things.. so it's sashimi all the way!

studio ghibli japan GIF

GymWolf

Gold Member
I go as far as eating bloody but cooked meat or carpaccio, raw is a bit too ultra for me.

But i eat raw fish when i eat sushi\sashimi.

When i was little sometimes i enjoyed some small bits of raw sausage with some bread but it was a bit risky (because of the worm you can get from raw pig meat)

Last edited:
I mean, a completely raw steak, why? A steak cooked properly, seasoned, butter and salt and pepper, maybe some garlic and shallots, it's amazing.

Raw ground beef...like why? Why??

Soodanim

I’ve watched a cooking show where they carved up a cow and certain small bits they cut off the body then put it straight in their mouth. Doesn’t get much more fresh or raw than that.

Raw meat isn’t for me though, I don’t even go below medium-rare steak. Tried a bite of blue once, and that’s my curiosity satisfied for the foreseeable future.

Top Bottom