• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ECTS and GDC Europe - Are they worth attending?

Rhindle

Has anyone here been to ECTS and GDC Europe in the last year or two?

I will be in Europe that week and was thinking of attending. I've been hearing that ECTS has been in decline for the last couple of years. Is is still worth attending?

Looking over the exhibitor list - http://www.ects.com/exhibitorlist.asp - not a lot of major publishers are signed up. Did the major third parties end up exhibiting last year?

Also, how well attended is GDC Europe? The conference schedule looks pretty light compared to the main conference in San Jose. Does it nonetheless draw a good crowd?

Anyone here planning on attending either show this year?

scarybore

Rhindle said:
I will be in Europe that week and was thinking of attending. I've been hearing that ECTS has been in decline for the last couple of years. Is is still worth attending?

As far as I know, from the UK press and a few posters from other forums, the general concensus is to avoid ECTS like the plague.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
ECTS has sucked for a few years, the ExCel thing sounds like it might be ok. GDC europe is cool if your interested in development, not cheap though.

DarrenS

ECTS is rubbish and this year looks like being the worst yet.

Check out EGN at Exel which looks far more promising.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
yeah but thats not even there this year, Playstation Experience is up at Alton Towers in Stoke on Trent.

Dagon

Now that there's a competing show, ECTS is looking to be the worst it's ever been. If you're going to be in the area anyway, consider going to EGN instead.

Top Bottom