• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree No Summon Hardcore Git Gud Club

So, I think I am at a crossroads, here... I'm not bad at the game, per-sey, but... I really feel I have a shit build. I don't mind it, I do decent damage, but I feel like I could be a fucking wrecking machine... I spend more time playing the game, where in Bloodborne, I spent 10 of hours theorycrafting! That was before Fextra and sites of the like had everything down... Anyway... I have all the remembrances, all of them so far, that I have killed bosses to gain... I want to build my character around some really cool-shit weapon and kill with confidence. Working on it!
I explored up to Messmer...I don't want to face him just yet. When I do, it's all going to be feeling out his moveset. I feel Bayle has been the hardest souls boss for me, so far. That son of a bitch...

Dancing Lion was an absolute nightmare. I spent so much time fighting with the camera in that fight, but man I did absolutely love the fight itself and the music was incredible. I have barely scratched the surface with the DLC but I am enjoying the heck out of it. The Realm of Shadow is really awesome to explore.

You gotta be fucking kidding me. I had him down to the last 25% health and then

Miquella grabs my mimic tear, and meanwhile Radahn is invulnerable that entire time.

This fight really does suck. First phase is a lot of fun actually, but god damn too much visual shit happening and chip damage in phase 2. I might actually just respec from my int to a tanky shield build just to be done with it.

Edit: Respec to a greatshield build made it pathetically easy mode and beating him felt pretty lame. Oh well, moving on to the lore and next game.

Last edited:
Finally finished after a month of playing on and off. Was on the final boss for around a week and considered giving in to the summons, because of that ridiculous second phase, but decided I wasn’t going to pussy out on the very last boss. Was going hitless though that first phase semi consistently by the time I finished.

Now I can finally go touch gra(ce)ss and move on with my life.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
For the last boss, it's recommended that Shadow Realm Blessing be at least 18, and it's said to be better at 20. I thought I had explored the entire map, but my level was stuck at 16. I was dying in 1-2 hits with ridiculous light attacks. I struggled a lot with the previous 4-5 bosses too; many could kill me in 1-2 moves and unleash endless combos, with most having unblockable 1 shot special moves (my vigor is 75, by the way). Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and summoned some help for the last boss and the gang before; one AI and one real player. We killed them in 2 attempts. Sorry guys, I couldn't make it alone this time :messenger_pensive:

From Software has really pushed the difficulty of this game to a painful point for players like us. It's the first time I've come close to hating a Souls game. When only bosses are left on the map, my enjoyment of the game decreased significantly. I finished it just to finish it. My excitement for the next Souls game has diminished quite a bit. I can say I'm more excited for Lies of P 2. With Ash summons, ai/human summons, spells, various builds, etc., From Software couldn't keep the game's difficulty at an ideal level for everyone this time. I hope at least they abandon this Scadutree fragment nonsense in the next game.

gow3isben

Does membership into this prestigious institution still apply if I soloed everything without mimic/summons/cheese builds except for Bayle in which I summoned Igon only for the dialogue/story?

Imo Bayle is easier than the ancient dragon that was right before by FAR

Antwix

Does membership into this prestigious institution still apply if I soloed everything without mimic/summons/cheese builds except for Bayle in which I summoned Igon only for the dialogue/story?

I didn't use Igon cuz I literally forgot but from what I've seen in videos, he doesn't do a whole lot. Seems like Bayle was unbothered by him lol.

Senassax was the worst boss on the dlc hands down imo. Never liked fighting lightning dragons

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
For the last boss, it's recommended that Shadow Realm Blessing be at least 18, and it's said to be better at 20. I thought I had explored the entire map, but my level was stuck at 16. I was dying in 1-2 hits with ridiculous light attacks. I struggled a lot with the previous 4-5 bosses too; many could kill me in 1-2 moves and unleash endless combos, with most having unblockable 1 shot special moves (my vigor is 75, by the way). Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and summoned some help for the last boss and the gang before; one AI and one real player. We killed them in 2 attempts. Sorry guys, I couldn't make it alone this time :messenger_pensive:

From Software has really pushed the difficulty of this game to a painful point for players like us. It's the first time I've come close to hating a Souls game. When only bosses are left on the map, my enjoyment of the game decreased significantly. I finished it just to finish it. My excitement for the next Souls game has diminished quite a bit. I can say I'm more excited for Lies of P 2. With Ash summons, ai/human summons, spells, various builds, etc., From Software couldn't keep the game's difficulty at an ideal level for everyone this time. I hope at least they abandon this Scadutree fragment nonsense in the next game.
Those Vigor points are a complete waste. Past level 60, the scaling drops from 13 points per level to 6. You spent 15 points for a whopping 80-90 HP. Those could have been spent on offensive stats or Endurance to give you more stamina but most importantly increase your equipment load to be able to wear heavier armor which at that point is far more valuable than a meager 90 HP.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

Lmao glad I’m not the only one. I spent two hours on this fucker but got Bayle after 6-7 attempts.

Top Bottom