• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
This patch had some major improvements in it, for sure.

They took away Private play, though :( It's just Open, Solo, and CQC.

Oh the performance is ten fold better. Quite impressive.

I was never able to select private play. It was always "greyed out" for me. It worked for you?

What new players get it plus base game for forty bucks? Wtf..

Guess I will just uninstall and forget I own this than.

It is 50€ for new player and 37€ for those that own the base game. While i think horizons could be a little cheaper for the base game owners, 50€ for newcomers is a good idea and deal.

Burny

The pricing also somewhat answers my question concerning their monetization going forward with their "10 year plan". If they treat each consecutive year as a season wih a paid expansion in the (PC) full release price range, they can probably keep going for a while.

And as already has been said not asking new players to pay the cumulative release price of ED + Horizons for Horizons will help to keep fragmentation lower. Having bought the game at release, I'm ok with that, as I've had a year more to play the game then those only joining with Horizons, so it's not like I got nothing in return.

Sarcasm

How much is the lifetime pass in usd? I am getting different numbers on their site.

Does it work for the steam version?

Craters too.
Fully populated planets like Earth, especially Earth, must be insanely difficult to support (at a level as good as the rest of the game) Maybe they'll have asteroid landing first...

They could make inhabited planets restricted. Landing only allowed in specifc landing zones like the stations. They'd even have a good lore reason for it, local governments forbidding unauthorized landings and flights like in real life.

Meanwhile, uninhabited planets would allow landings anywhere.

There's no god damn way we're getting landings. None! You'll get Thargoids and like it.

Well, we're getting landings. Wouldn't mind Thargoids either.

What new players get it plus base game for forty bucks? Wtf..

Guess I will just uninstall and forget I own this than.
This isn't EA. They don't have the funds and backing of investors like traditional games.

It's a project of passion that needs the player-bases support.

Edit: oh shit ur naaaame

Sarcasm

This isn't EA. They don't have the funds and backing of investors like traditional games.

It's a project of passion that needs the player-bases support.

Edit: oh shit ur naaaame

haha! =D

So how much is the lifetime pass in USD? I have to buy from Taiwan and I am getting different prices. Not to mention I can't even load the USD store for it (GBP works).

The price makes sense... And it will be way cheaper than buying each expansion separately as they are released. People are quick to enrage haha

haha! =D

So how much is the lifetime pass in USD? I have to buy from Taiwan and I am getting different prices. Not to mention I can't even load the USD store for it (GBP works).

Store seems fucked at the moment, can't even get it to load. I still regret not paying attention to this game before the Premium Beta and Lifetime Pass offer expired and missing out on buying both, so now I'll get the Lifetime Pass if it's available.

"That is isn't all that's offered by Horizons either. An update early in 2016 will add looting and crafting into the mix too."

Looting. And crafting. Yessssss.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
How is it not efficient? There is no other engine that does stuff they are want to do, so of course they needed to rewrite some parts. Inefficient would be doing it next year after Squadron 42 is released for example.

Elites way of development is more effecient IMHO because I've been playing it for the past seven months, while Star Citizen is still just a fancy demo. IMHO of course.

EDIT: Oh shit, planetary landings! Hoowaah was I wrong!!!

I seriously think I'm going to buy the lifetime pass...

DrBo42

I would buy LP if I can get the stuff on my steam version.

Anything you buy from the game is tied to your FD account. Steam is just a vendor. The only difference is buying through the Steam store gives them a % of the money unless things have changed.

KKRT00

I personally don't care that FDev might or might not have to rework a whole lot of things for the respecive features, as I already love the core aspects of the released game. If they manage to also release decent addons, I'll buy and enjoy them. If they don't, I'll still have played a very enjoyable and fascinating space game. Which, in direct comparison to Start Citizen, I prefer for now to SC aiming to be the ultimate space game at the day of release, that potentially being a long way off.

Elites way of development is more effecient IMHO because I've been playing it for the past seven months, while Star Citizen is still just a fancy demo. IMHO of course.

EDIT: Oh shit, planetary landings! Hoowaah was I wrong!!!

I seriously think I'm going to buy the lifetime pass...

Completely understand Your concept. Its really just a point of view. I love the Elite's concept, but for me current implementation is too bare-bones. If SC would launched with only ship combat i would not play it either. I'm interested in full concept of both games and i can wait that 2 years more for it :)
I've played EVE Online for 4 years and if i got time, i would play still and i expect SC to fill my EVE void without completely taking all of my free time from me, so i can wait longer for that 'dream' game :)

So, I just saw the trailer, very excited. I haven't bothered with exploration yet, so this is exactly when I'll probably start that.

Sarcasm

They won't accept my money cause I live in Taiwan. =/

edwhyr7our.png

I wonder if it's possible to buy the expansion from their site and apply it to my Steam installation. That would be a wise decision on their side. I'd be more than happy to give my money directly to them but I've moved my installation to Steam.

Soi-Fong

Well shit, I was completely wrong about the announcement.

The price tags are just a wee bit ridiculous, 40GBP/60USD for Horizons and 130/190 for the lifetime expansion pass.

ed - It seems Horizons itself is a pack of expansions, not just a singular piece of content.

Not surprised the price is higher. For Premium Beta players like myself, we put faith in FD delivering and buying into the lifetime pass very early on and FD is now rewarding us. It was way cheaper back then. 150 for beta, full game and ALL expansions.

Can't wait for planetary landings!

Burny

I wonder if it's possible to buy the expansion from their site and apply it to my Steam installation. That would be a wise decision on their side. I'd be more than happy to give my money directly to them but I've moved my installation to Steam.

From what I gathered when they started offering the steam keys for their store purchases, that's already possible when you generated a key from one of their licenses. Although I wonder if it the expansion purchase through their store will just apply to Steam then. The other way round... Both questions worth asking Frontier.

Damn it I can't focus on office work at all, I need more details...

Heh, I'm having a hard time as well. Giddy as a kid at Christmas, basically. Although, to cool off, it's probably good to tell ourselves that we won't get much more info about Horizons at Gamescom. They might be focussing on 1.4 from here on, as that's still "season 1" and therefore a lot closer.

Sarcasm

The price for LP for backing and as of now is fair. Extremely fair.

I don't have flash installed, could that be the reason?

Zalusithix

To get the expansion, or to get the lifetime pass... Probably just the expansion. By the time the next big paid expansion lands, I'll likely be in SC land or damn close to it. There's not enough time in the day to focus on two games with persistent universes.

From what I gathered when they started offering the steam keys for their store purchases, that's already possible when you generated a key from one of their licenses. Although I wonder if it the expansion purchase through their store will just apply to Steam then. The other way round... Both questions worth asking Frontier.

I can buy skins from their store and they appear in game since they are simply tied to your Elite account. I wonder if they will release the expansion with a typical updated but your access to it just depends on your login. If that's the case then it shouldn't be a problem.

Sarcasm

I can't not buy anything from their store, I mean I KNOW its sucks and is like from the 90s but I should be able to buy..since I bought ED from there.

I don't know what to do, how long will the LP stay up? Support is almost like steam support.

SmartBase

Not surprised the price is higher. For Premium Beta players like myself, we put faith in FD delivering and buying into the lifetime pass very early on and FD is now rewarding us. It was way cheaper back then. 150 for beta, full game and ALL expansions.

Can't wait for planetary landings!

I just can't justify the purchase of either at those prices especially before more information and reviews are out. I guess I miss out on the Cobra Mark IV or whatever it's called, but I'm already in an Anaconda.

GeoGonzo

I'm hoping we'll get to see some early gameplay today but I wouldn't count on it.
I can't not buy anything from their store, I mean I KNOW its sucks and is like from the 90s but I should be able to buy..since I bought ED from there.

I don't know what to do, how long will the LP stay up? Support is almost like steam support.

AFAIK they haven't said yet, but it will amost certainly be up for weeks, probably right until a week or two before Horizons' launch.

We'll probably get some answers/details in a few hours.

Soi-Fong

Landings + Rift CV1 = please dear God get here already, Q1 16

The Vive is releasing this year and FD has been quoted as saying that they will support the Vive!

I'm definitely building that new rig this year!! :) Skylake + Dual 980 Ti's SLI will be glorious!!!

Sarcasm

Okay cause I just used my mother's address in the states under GBP pricing and I got payment methods available. So should I hold off on buying it?

edhummm9bp8i.png

Zalusithix

Actually, so was the bit about walking around on ships a lie?
We have nothing to announce on this one, now or at Gamescom. Walking around on ships is in our plans, for sure, but it’s a very long way off.

If it wasn't, then how are we getting off the ships into the buggy thing? Cut scene transition from the ship's seat to the buggy's seat outside and vice-versa? Kind of disappointing if that ends up being the case. It's certainly not unprecedented in the gaming realm, but after getting used to the Star Citizen model, it's kind of hard to not hope for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom