• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EMIO is a New Collaboration with Bloober Team and Nintendo

Draugoth

Gold Member
project-m-is-a-new-collaboration-between-nintendo-and-v0-hv1XPgWN24PrigO7DI8ppJ2iIapN2VsbJJkSONfeIVo.jpg

Source

TLDR: During an Interview with PAP Biznes the CEO of Bloober Team Piotr Babieno spoke about his teams new Project titled "Project M" This collaboration is done with Nintendo.​

"project M, although its budget is significantly smaller than the games we are working on at Bloober Team, is extremely important due to our long-term plans. In addition, we are working on it in cooperation with the world's best game creators for Nintendo platforms, so we cannot afford to create just a decent game," Bloober Team CEO Piotr Babieno told PAP Biznes"

MrRibeye

Bloober are the masters of horror, no other studio comes even close. These sinister architects have been weaving nightmares and their games crawl under your skin, whispering malevolence. Bloober is a name carved in terror and Nintendo only partners with the best of the best :messenger_bicep:

Bloober are the masters of horror, no other studio comes even close. These sinister architects have been weaving nightmares and their games crawl under your skin, whispering malevolence. Bloober is a name carved in terror and Nintendo only partners with the best of the best :messenger_bicep:
I honestly don't know anything about them. I have some homework to do. I wonder if the project is in the early stages and it's planned for a few years out on Switch 2.

Astral Dog

I honestly don't know anything about them. I have some homework to do. I wonder if the project is in the early stages and it's planned for a few years out on Switch 2.
They make linear horror games with weird setpieces , but very little actual gameplay, they have good visuals but its more like an interactive movie

LakeOf9

So the direct quote from the Bloober CEO is entirely made up? 🤔
No, the Bloober CEO is talking about a game they are publishing for the Switch, which a separate developer is making

The Nintendo EMIO tease is for a Nintendo published game

As of right now there’s no link between these two completely independent things. My point is combining the two is misleading, especially when the basis to do so is one random reset era post.

No, the Bloober CEO is talking about a game they are publishing for the Switch, which a separate developer is making

The Nintendo EMIO tease is for a Nintendo published game

As of right now there’s no link between these two completely independent things. My point is combining the two is misleading, especially when the basis to do so is one random reset era post.
Good to know. Thanks! Yes that is misleading for sure

Nintendo would never allow blooper to talk about this before formally announcing it if they were publishing it.
Well, ideally the teams would be in communication and coordinate how they want to announce a project, if they're collaborating. But we don't know what the agreement is yet. And it could be someone jumped the gun and is going to be in serious trouble if so.

Hudo

Edit: It would be really interesting to see a first-party Nintendo horror game.

Last edited:
This still has a chance to be great, just depends on how hands-on Nintendo are with it. Nintendo can elevate a mid studio to a great one if they provide some decent hands-on through the creative & technical process. Although since this is seemingly a more mature horror-themed game, there's a chance they could be hands-off.

So I'm hopeful Nintendo are more involved in the game's process than, say, SIE have seemingly been with the Silent Hill 2 remake. Because that game looks pretty rough in places and not translating vital parts of the original game's atmosphere or ideology into the new iteration (IMO, based on what's been shown so far).

Elginer

How do these clowns keep getting work? Do they like have pictures on people or something? God they just suck.

Last edited:
I believe this is actually the beginning of the Switch 2 reveal.

Fun Fact: NX was talked about vaguely in July 2016

Switch Lite: July 2019

Switch OLED: July 2021

Nintendo SHOULD have been working with 3rd parties to grab exclusives or partnerships With all that Switch cash they made. Hopefully this horror game is the first of many 3rd party collaborations.

Make It Rain Throwing Money GIF by paidoff

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I can’t follow this rollercoaster. Is this a Bloober game or not?

consoul

I can’t follow this rollercoaster. Is this a Bloober game or not?
Probably.
Bloober have been working on a 'Project M' for Nintendo, so it's likely Emio. They officially announced that Draw Distance were the developer for Project M last year but have since parted ways with them and continued work on the project in-house.

Braag

How do these clowns keep getting work? Do they like have pictures on people or something? God they just suck.
Probably cheap to employ. They release a game pretty much every year since their games aren't that big. SH2 remake is probably their biggest project thus far.

Top Bottom