• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English Translated Japanese Visual Novel/ADV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Awesome! Will download the patch later!.

Also, never expected to see you here, Dantis. Yeah, you can buy the jap version of S;G and patch it to english. Also, this will be fun: I'm fully expecting you to hate Faris. Anyway, yeah, the story is amazing, and it is my favorite VN, if that helps.

Ever17, however... good luck getting that.

The few VNs I've played, I've really enjoyed. I just need to stay away from the more anime-styled ones.

Necrovex

Just bought Steins;Gate digitally. I confirmed the site I bought it from was authentic. Download is in progress. Once the download completes, I'll have to hope I can figure out where to place the translation file within SG!

Dantis

Just bought Steins;Gate digitally. I confirmed the site I bought it from was authentic. Download is in progress. Once the download completes, I'll have to hope I can figure out where to place the translation file within SG!

Do they take Paypal? How much was it?

And finally, link? :D

Necrovex

Do they take Paypal? How much was it?

And finally, link? :D

I didn't see an option for Paypal. The price is 3150 yen, which is about $35 (damn, I thought it was going to run me $41 when I bought it! Thank you, Google converter for telling me it was cheaper than expected!).

Here is the site I used to navigate Melon Head, though the translation for Chrome has become good enough to navigate the site without it. But, it's a very through guide to purchase SG from MelonHead.

Dantis

I didn't see an option for Paypal. The price is 3150 yen, which is about $35 (damn, I thought it was going to run me $41 when I bought it! Thank you, Google converter for telling me it was cheaper than expected!).

Here is the site I used to navigate Melon Head, though the translation for Chrome has become good enough to navigate the site without it. But, it's a very through guide to purchase SG from MelonHead.

Wow, that's only about £23.

I'll definitely buy that sometime over the next month.

Cheers, friend!

_woLf

Without going through the entire thread, are there any good freely available vns that are transated into english? I'm not to the point that i want to buy these things yet. I liked katawa shoujo, but I'd like to see more before I buy any.

If there are, where would I download?

cj_iwakura

Without going through the entire thread, are there any good freely available vns that are transated into english? I'm not to the point that i want to buy these things yet. I liked katawa shoujo, but I'd like to see more before I buy any.

If there are, where would I download?

Consider the free demo to Umineko. It's the entire first chapter, which is a good 3-4 hours.

http://www.witch-hunt.com/

Necrovex

Wow, that's only about £23.

I'll definitely buy that sometime over the next month.

Cheers, friend!

I finally get to experience one of my most wanted games!

Cheers indeed!

Now, I get to experience the joy of trying to get my version of SG to work with the translation patch. I expect this to be a smashing time.

Consider the free demo to Umineko. It's the entire first chapter, which is a good 3-4 hours.

http://www.witch-hunt.com/

Damn, this has been an awesome day for seeing new VN titles.

Edit: Any idea when JAST USA plans to finally release Saya No Uta? It's been years since it was announced, and I recall preordering it in Fall 2011.

Necrovex

All right, I finally got Steins;Gate translation patch to work on my PC. Now, I only have one more thing to fixed, and I will be ready to play SG.

Does anyone know how to expand SG to full-screen? I looked around the config option, but I cannot find a way to expand it. And I have no idea how to force it either.

I figured it out, all I needed to do was hit 'F.'

cj_iwakura

All right, I finally got Steins;Gate translation patch to work on my PC. Now, I only have one more thing to fixed, and I will be ready to play SG.

Does anyone know how to expand SG to full-screen? I looked around the config option, but I cannot find a way to expand it. And I have no idea how to force it either.

I figured it out, all I needed to do was hit 'F.'

I want Kyouma's ring tone. It must exist on the internet.

Just started Rewrite a little over a hour ago. So far I'm starting to really like the characters. Will be interesting trying to balance Fire Emblem, Rewrite, work and personal life lolz.

Necrovex

Just started Rewrite a little over a hour ago. So far I'm starting to really like the characters. Will be interesting trying to balance Fire Emblem, Rewrite, work and personal life lolz.

Better than balancing personal life and work with Steins;Gate, Ni No Kuni, Fire Emblem, and DMC!

I would get South Park...if it was coming out in March. :-(

Work life includes 18 credit hours along with an internship! Yay!

/comfort

If its any sort of consolation, my job is 8 hours with a 2.5-3hr commute per day :D! Granted, I have time to play FE during break and lunch xD

Necrovex

/comfort

If its any sort of consolation, my job is 8 hours with a 2.5-3hr commute per day :D! Granted, I have time to play FE during break and lunch xD

Oh man, you might win (lose) this one. I only have to endure this for a semester, then I am free from school. Even then, I have *some* free time during the weekend. At worst, I will be working at the sheriff's department after college, which will still give me some days off (and only be a twenty minute commute).

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Just finished my first route in Steins;Gate. I'm not reading an FAQ so I just kept picking stuff at random and ended up with
Faris's
route.

Unless I'm just missing something, the choices aren't as apparent as in other visual novels 'cause of the whole phone mechanic. Any idea how to tell what calls/messages to read/ignore will lead to which paths? Without a guide I mean?

Taruranto

It's actually very easy iirc, you just have to
NOT send the d-mail when prompted.
That's the only choice that matters.

You'll have to look at a faq for the true ending though, i remember it being kinda hidden.

Necrovex

You'll have to look at a faq for the true ending though, i remember it being kinda hidden.

That's good to know. I was planning to make separate save files for each text I got...I would have drown in all of those files.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

Thank you! :D

Also, is there a way to fast-forward the text for repeat playthrough.

EDIT: Never mind, found it.

Necrovex

I just reached the second chapter in Steins;Gate. I saw the anime, so I know the basic plot and how it ends. This game has a shit load of foreshadowing; it's like I am reading a GRRM novel.

Necrovex

What's the overall opinion on Chaos;Head and Robotic;Notes? I am thinking about playing the former after I complete Steins;Gate.

Been RPing my way through Rewrite's common arc the past three days and am now on Kotori's route. I'm actually very pleasantly surprised with the characters and story so far. As much as I enjoyed Little Busters for its refrain arc, characters in Rewrite are a heck of a lot more like able IMO.

cj_iwakura

This is kind of tangential, but does anyone know how to get Ougon Musou/Umineko fighter to recognize a keyboard and a controller as two separate devices? Couldn't figure out how to get a versus match going.

What's the overall opinion on Chaos;Head and Robotic;Notes? I am thinking about playing the former after I complete Steins;Gate.

Chaos;Head is very good (read it and it's also my opinion)
Steins;Gate is a masterpiece (read it and it's also my opinion)
Robotics;Notes not so much (only read the 1st chapter in the demo so I can't comment on it)

Metrotab

Banned
Yes, yes! Let the Rewrite hype flow through me!

So it's good? I was kinda scared by the comments going on about how different it was.

cj_iwakura

Their latest VN is Rose Guns Days… and I wouldn't call it steampunk.

The English translation for Season 1 of that is actually out now:
http://witch-hunt.com/stage_rgd1.html

I've been playing it recently and really enjoying it.

In fact, if I have one complaint, it's that it's drawing attention away from Higanbana, though I guess that's partly my fault. (>_<)

Had no idea it was out, I haven't even seen any art, much less feedback.

Yirba

Yup. Season 2 has been out since December and I got myself a copy of that too, with translation in progress.

We're still working on the translation for Higanbana: The Second Night, though at the rate we've been going, it looks like even Rose Guns Days Season 2 might be translated before us. :-/

But yes, I have noticed that a lot of people have not even realised when new 07th Expansion games are released. Hopefully, assuming I get the go-ahead from the required people, the situation on that end will improve soon.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Wait, you're from The Witch Hunt?

Any thoughts on Ougon Musou Kyoku? Because I was considering doing that if you're not.

No one plays it anymore :v

Also Majikoi S and Flyable Hears translations are sort of moving along, yahoo. And Oreimo PSP Tsuzuku Kuroneko Route patch is out.

Well 5 routes have been released and Miyako is almost done. So maybe not!

Takajun is working really slowly now due to work, the Miyako route goes up 5% every two months. I'm not sure how long the true route is, but I can't see it getting done before Majikoi S.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Takajun is working really slowly now due to work, the Miyako route goes up 5% every two months. I'm not sure how long the true route is, but I can't see it getting done before Majikoi S.

Only 15% left ( &#8790;&#8255;&#8790;)

More interested in Grisaia and Dracu-Riot anyway.

We're still working on the translation for Higanbana: The Second Night, though at the rate we've been going, it looks like even Rose Guns Days Season 2 might be translated before us. :-/

I'm following your progress on a certain anime forum so I know you're not quite there yet but I want you to know I'll wait patiently for your group's translation.
I could play the game in Japanese like I did for Umineko 5-8 (while still replaying it in English afterwards) but...well...I'm less hooked on Higanbana than I was on Umineko. Less mindblowing moments. Still enjoyed the first night a lot though.

More interested in Grisaia and Dracu-Riot anyway.

Finished Dracu-riot and only 2 routes left (have already begun them but couldn't finish due to computer problems) in Grisaia no Kajitsu for me. GnK has really good art and quite a bit of drama, and the MC is cool. Dracu-riot I liked it too, the drama is less pronounced than GnK but the ride was very enjoyable with good art.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom