• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English Translated Japanese Visual Novel/ADV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

:V Now I'm interested in seeing how they end up like this

Maybe I should give S;G another try when the semester ends

It's an optional path in Moeka's chapter, explaining why
Braun's daughter(Nae?) wants to kill Okabe 15 years later.

Not sure how the anime handles it.

grim-tales

Hey,
I found the trial version of When Seagulls Cry at Mangagamer.com (but you need to register on the site).
Does the VNDB have a list of good Freeware VN's to start (I'd try ones at Eroge but the file sizes are huge or I can't get them working?)
Thank you ^^

BTW I'm still reading/playing Kara No Shoujo (trial) and its very good, but I'm scared it will end at a crucial point so I want to find out more.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hey,
I found the trial version of When Seagulls Cry at Mangagamer.com (but you need to register on the site).
Does the VNDB have a list of good Freeware VN's to start (I'd try ones at Eroge but the file sizes are huge?)

What? I don't see Umineko on Manga Gamer's site! I checked since I was surprised but it's just Higurashi there as always.

grim-tales

Might join the site later when I finished Kara No Shoujo, if I think thats good I'll track down the full thing, its very good so far but seems a bit.. slow?

Marche90

^Eh, sometimes, but then again, remember that you're only in the beginning of the vn. It gets better.

Wait what. I don't really consider
Rukako and Suzuha
endings to be romances.

KURISU AND THE TRUE ENDING

You do remember the last CG of the route, right? Check that image again and tell me that.

And I know that Kurisu is number one. This was a try to see which one is number two lol.

EDIT: Too lazy to create a new post: yeah, Suzuha has nothing, tbh.

grim-tales

Sometimes the age rating on Mangagamer's site is confusing - everything outside the Adult section says its for All Ages apparently, but further down in the description of some games it says "Recommended for Mature Audiences, contains violence, sexual content" etc... not that I have a problem with that...

upandaway

You do remember the last CG of the route, right? Check that image again and tell me that.
But still, I don't know.
Okabe never minded or hated Rukako or anything, and after all of that it was natural they'd hook up, but I still don't think the ending, prior to the credits, has anything to do with romance.

And there's still Suzuha.

Necrovex

Finished chapter eight of SG. I had some issues with Rukako's ending,
Why didn't Okabe simply attempted to send Ruka a D-mail to avoid cleaning the storehouse. I was expecting a similar situation like his gamble in the Faris's ending. I get he 'reached' his limits, but I was a little bothered with how that ending occurred. I am expecting this ending to be my least favorite.

I am super excited to play through the rest of the game. I recall this part in the anime is when shit really picks up and gets real.

Atolm

So I'm reading Ever17...after 999 and VLR i couldn't pass it up any longer.

So far I've done You and Tsugumi good ends, both are great, but the whole Tsugumi arc is truly beautiful even with the slow start.

Also, after the credits of each ending...

that "Life Readings=1" is creeping the hell ouf of me. Something very wrong is happening here...

Necrovex

Just finished chapter nine of SG....Well, the route was slightly different from the anime.
Holy fuck, Future Nae. That was the last thing I was expecting, and it's even crazier that it was possible to skip that entire reveal! SHHHHIIIIIITTT! I cannot wait to see how the true ending differs from the anime.

Taruranto

Hey,
Does the VNDB have a list of good Freeware VN's to start (I'd try ones at Eroge but the file sizes are huge or I can't get them working?)
Thank you ^^

BTW I'm still reading/playing Kara No Shoujo (trial) and its very good, but I'm scared it will end at a crucial point so I want to find out more.

If you are planning to get Higurashi, i'll suggest to look for the patches that fix the OST, Mangagamer kinda butchered the release.

aravuus

So I'm reading Ever17...after 999 and VLR i couldn't pass it up any longer.

So far I've done You and Tsugumi good ends, both are great, but the whole Tsugumi arc is truly beautiful even with the slow start.

Also, after the credits of each ending...

that "Life Readings=1" is creeping the hell ouf of me. Something very wrong is happening here...

Tsugumi was such a normal, boring tsundere route but for some reason, I really liked it too. Shame about her clothes though, they made her look fat in a weird way and I could never unsee it lol

Let me tell you, you're going to love the true route!

Yirba

Sometimes the age rating on Mangagamer's site is confusing - everything outside the Adult section says its for All Ages apparently, but further down in the description of some games it says "Recommended for Mature Audiences, contains violence, sexual content" etc... not that I have a problem with that...

This is because you don't need to be 18+ to play Higurashi, although it contains violence, so it isn't really suitable for persons under the age of 12 or so.

If you are planning to get Higurashi, i'll suggest to look for the patches that fix the OST, Mangagamer kinda butchered the release.

I personally played the game as MangaGamer released it and it was fine. All the popular tracks are still in place. Plus, some of the music used in the original version was really quite horrible. I know a number of people who say they actually prefer the music used in MangaGamer's version (and subsequent commercial releases).

I really should continue with Higurashi, I didn't get far at all and I know I will like it cause I liked the anime. Oh well even if I didn't get to it I know the money got to a good cause.

Tho I got used to the Umineko sprites despite them being somewhat... crude I just couldn't stand Higurashi ones when I saw them :lol. I had to put dem patches to work, the PS2 sprites are much easier to the eyes even tho I know I might lose some of the crazy charm later on.

Taruranto

I personally played the game as MangaGamer released it and it was fine. All the popular tracks are still in place. Plus, some of the music used in the original version was really quite horrible. I know a number of people who say they actually prefer the music used in MangaGamer's version (and subsequent commercial releases).

They also butchered Kai OST.

I finally started a run of DENGEKI STRIKER. and i just finished a route ...

For anyone who cares, i'll probably put a mini review of this one to give my full impressions in a couple of days.

So far it's not bad but it has some good moments ... i do regret some design choices however.

Marche90

For anyone who cares, i'll probably put a mini review of this one to give my full impressions in a couple of days.

So far it's not bad but it has some good moments ... i do regret some design choices however.

Honestly, at this point I would just wait for Chou DS. It's already announced, so the wait shouldn't be too big.

I did read the original, and while the concept was good, a few parts
and mostly that idiotic ending
spoiled the whole package. I think I ranked it 7/10 when I finished reading it. Without the thing that is in the spoilers I would have given it at least an 8.5, but oh, well. I just hope that that gets fixed in the updated rerelease.

cj_iwakura

Just got Mayuri's end. For me it seemed the only logical route for Okarin after all he did for her.

And the guy who voices him is unparallelled in range.

The line where he says, "I just didn't want to lose you", nothing short of breathtaking.

cj_iwakura

Crap, do I need to be on Kurisu's route for the true end? I tried ignoring Mayuri's call in Chapter 10, but it still seems to be going to Mayuri's route...

upandaway

So, about that save sharing...
Which file is it supposed to be?

I made about 20 thousand quick saves through the entire Kurisu route, so theoretically you could just jump to the "new scenes" if you don't care about the mail exchanges (someone else will have to tell you where those are though since I forgot) and then straight to the ending. Otherwise you'll still have to start from chapter 4, I think.

There are maybe 3 of those scenes right?

Hung_real

The humor in Overdrive's games almost never fails to lighten up my heart, the first 5 hours or so was great.

The rest was pretty crap and the lack of choice didn't help much
until you hit the stunning conclusion of true route

cj_iwakura

Which file is it supposed to be?

I made about 20 thousand quick saves through the entire Kurisu route, so theoretically you could just jump to the "new scenes" if you don't care about the mail exchanges (someone else will have to tell you where those are though since I forgot) and then straight to the ending. Otherwise you'll still have to start from chapter 4, I think.

There are maybe 3 of those scenes right?

If you want to give me a save that starts from Kurisu's path, I'm okay with that.

upandaway

Skip mode for me takes a lot of time. It's about twice as fast as normally reading for me.

If you want to give me a save that starts from Kurisu's path, I'm okay with that.
Sure, I just don't know what file to upload!

edit: or not... it seems like it might be saving things like read scenes and endings in the same place so yeah

Necrovex

Finished chapter ten of Steins; Gate.
I got Kurisu's ending. But I didn't get the text for the true ending. Then means, I have to go through all of those chapters again. Gahhhhh, I was really hoping it wouldn't come down to that when I realized that I was on her path.

Stark

Banned
Finished chapter ten of Steins; Gate.
I got Kurisu's ending. But I didn't get the text for the true ending. Then means, I have to go through all of those chapters again. Gahhhhh, I was really hoping it wouldn't come down to that when I realized that I was on her path.

that happened to me. :( After that I definitely followed a guide.

Marche90

Skip mode for me takes a lot of time. It's about twice as fast as normally reading for me.

Sure, I just don't know what file to upload!

edit: or not... it seems like it might be saving things like read scenes and endings in the same place so yeah

Uh... you might want to hurry up with that save file, seeing as we have 3 people stuck with that ending lol

And how did that happened to you guys? From where did you get the guide? I think that I got mine from the ibn5100 site and I managed to get all the endings pretty easily.

upandaway

Uh... you might want to hurry up with that save file, seeing as we have 3 people stuck with that ending lol

And how did that happened to you guys? From where did you get the guide? I think that I got mine from the ibn5100 site and I managed to get all the endings pretty easily.
I'm still not sure if it's a good idea because it might also contain the save of what scenes I read/didn't and it would screw up the skip function.

If it's just a save to before the true ending I might be able to help with it though. Just tell me what I'm supposed to upload, and make sure you got the same patch as me (that thing a dude posted a while back here)

Necrovex

Started to skip though text. No quick saves for chapter 4. It is taking forever, even with the skip text. Bahhhhh.

Got to the true ending route....It only took two hours...

cj_iwakura

I didn't use the walkthrough at all until after I got my first ending.

cj_iwakura

eDuAAyP.jpg

can't.. breathe...

Yep.

The last exchange was everything I wanted and more.

I hope the anime conveys it half as well, and it'll be well worth watching.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
http://dysfunctionalsystems.com/

Dysfunctional Systems is an episodic visual novel chronicling the life of Winter Harrison. Having long become comfortable with her utopian society, Winter is surprised to learn that there are other worlds in other planes of existence. These worlds are quite different from hers, ranging from troubled, to dystopian, to futuristic or fantastical. However, they are all riddled with problems that, if not resolved, may adversely affect her home world. She is chosen to become a "mediator", charged with the maintenance of order in these chaotic planes, and so enters a vocational school for training. Episode 1 details her second shadowing of a seasoned mediator, only a few weeks into her first year. She and her mentor enter a world seemingly much like their own, except for this issue of "poverty" with which Winter has difficulty understanding...

It's only five bucks. Not a bad price at all for an interesting premise.

https://dischan.org/store/product.php?productID=8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom