• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

English Translated Japanese Visual Novel/ADV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

Oh.

Totally unlike me. I'm a sucker for romances in any medium.

I guess it's the characters that ultimately decide if I'll enjoy a romance or not. And more often than not, I don't like a forced romance that has a lot to do with the story.

For example, I absolutely loved the social links in P3 and P4 because I really like the characters and they had nothing to do with the story. On the other hand, like I earlier said, I hated the ML games' romance stuff. Both are pretty much harem stuff.

I don't think there's anything I hate more than a love triangle though. Especially if I have no control over who ends up with who. I just hate it so much.

aravuus

Should I still bother with the Steins;Gate VN if I've already seen the anime?

I personally couldn't do it but I've read the VN is a ton better, so if you want more depth then yeah, go for it. And the anime was of course the "true route", the VN has more routes, so if you want to see some more pairings, the VN is the way to go.

Marche90

I don't think there's anything I hate more than a love triangle though. Especially if I have no control over who ends up with who. I just hate it so much.

With this, I agree. It's better when you have the option to decide the outcome in that sense (I'm currently a bit frustrated by the game I'm currently playing, since the main lead has a defined love interest, and you can't change that)

Should I still bother with the Steins;Gate VN if I've already seen the anime?

Do it. It's way more detailed, so you can see things in a different light, plus you get acces to Okabe's mind, which adds a lot to the story

upandaway

I personally couldn't do it but I've read the VN is a ton better, so if you want more depth then yeah, go for it. And the anime was of course the "true route", the VN has more routes, so if you want to see some more pairings, the VN is the way to go.
Wait Muntu you didn't read Steins;Gate? Are you aware that based on your MLA posts it's like, the perfect VN for you?

MangaGamer announced they are releasing Kara no Shoujo 2, and Cartagra, a VN from the same developer (Innocent Grey). Cartagra is coming first. They are also releasing a voiced version of Kara no Shoujo 1, there will be a $5 DLC patch (b/c licensing fees) for those who already own the game. The rest of their announcements seem to be nukige. They are also announcing more stuff at Otacon next month.

Blusby

MangaGamer announced they are releasing Kara no Shoujo 2, and Cartagra, a VN from the same developer (Innocent Grey). Cartagra is coming first. They are also releasing a voiced version of Kara no Shoujo 1, there will be a $5 DLC patch (b/c licensing fees) for those who already own the game. The rest of their announcements seem to be nukige. They are also announcing more stuff at Otacon next month.

YES! I freakin' loved Kara no Shoujo! This is a good day for me, these two will be must-reads.

aravuus

Wait Muntu you didn't read Steins;Gate? Are you aware that based on your MLA posts it's like, the perfect VN for you?

Yeah, I know..

I've tried once or twice but after seeing the anime a ton of times it's just so hard

I will do it some day. I have to.

Lain

Fuck yeah! I'll have to go see what kind of nukige they got.

Edit: They got Lilith as a partner? My wallet will cry?! I want Himekishi Lilia!!!

Damn thinking about the possibilities.... they might even manage to release the Lilith games ShindoL made art for.... I'd die of happiness if that happened probably.

creid

So chances of Steins;Gate being announced at AX tomorrow, and possibly being released this year?
I would say extremely high and very low. I'd love for a release this year, and the translators have been working for a while, but on the other hand this is JAST...

Burnburn

Yes, Kara no Shoujo 2! I thought the first one did very badly. Wasn't expecting an official translation to be announced so soon, so this is awesome!

The voices DLC comes a bit too late though...

aravuus

I was going to ask if
Kenichi and Higuchi Ken are written similarly in Japanese, I was going all "if they are similar they MUST be the same character yes i'm such an expert with this kind of stuff!!!!" inside my head

But then Kenichi told me it's him. Lol. This is weird.
(sharin no kuni 1chp)

wait am i awake or mangagamer is now partners with lilithsoft ?

What the hell , that was quite unexpected.

And of course, working with Lilith-soft also means the popular Taimanin Asagi series are bound to be available down the line…! Keep on tuned for future announcements!

Never thought those would be released officially in english

Mangagamer is doing some huge things, i want to support them as much as i can because i like the fact that they are expanding their catalog a lot

( there are still some fortress left to conquer , however)

i've just watched the first ep of dangan ronpa the anime , and i feel to the urge to play the english translation.. and this is what i'll do.

Most impressions were good and i hope it'll deliver on the suspense.

chrono01

Finally!

ioyvZfegwQhdK.gif

Articalys

Panel comments on S;G

"This is our top priority to get this out asap... it's almost done, all we have to do is put it together and test it and other special stuff... it should be up for preorder very soon"

So no exact date or time frame for now besides "really soon".

chrono01

Panel comments on S;G

"This is our top priority to get this out asap... it's almost done, all we have to do is put it together and test it and other special stuff... it should be up for preorder very soon"

So no exact date or time frame for now besides "really soon".
Great news!

Marche90

^I thought the same, but they got the title Aroduc was working on and tried to Kickstart.

The dreaded JAST soon.

Sumaga? Working on it.

Steins;Gate? No date given, working on it.

Seinarukana? Still working on it.

Other two titles which I'm not too sure about the names? Still working on it.

._.

Wiktor

OMFG! I'm so damn happy. Loved the original.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Holy sheeeeeeeet Romanesque owns. Special place in my heart. Much better than Steins;Gate! キタ━━━━━━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━━━━━━━ッ

Maybe they'll nerf Temporo Ignis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom