• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NBA 2K5 - Fear the Fro Friday 9/10

DMczaf

Looks great, but then again if we had posts from last year I was saying the same thing last year before release. Then we actually played it...

VC, I swear if this game is a step down for the 3rd straight year I will set your HQ on fire. Although after ESPN Basketball, I dont think you can get any worse.

B00005V6BR.01-A3LTAW8FHJ63G2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The GOAT

Takuan

Looking solid, although I don't like that 2-hander Marko Jaric threw down. So not him. At least it was an open lane dunk, though - last year they'd do retarded things like windmills and pump reverses in traffic, losing it a lot of the time when they brought the ball down. Stupid.

BojTrek

Banned
The post game looks like it did a few years ago... I think I am once again looking toward this game instead of any other NBA game...

The videos now for "in-game" play in both NBA2K5 and NBA Live 2005 look much better in NBA2K5 to me...

I thought EA Sports was gonna get my NBA money for the first time in 6 years... but no... it will be Sega Sports once again... I think they will make me happy once again, I might actually play a full-season for the first time in 3 years...

You know I don't care about "real" shoes that much... but I hate that the only black shoes on the entire court are Allen Iverson... come on Sega add some color... jeez...

Cloudy

Banned
That looks awesome. I really like the different types of shot adjustments and the improved post game. Nice to see that they ripped off EA's hopstep so you actually control it this year and it's not just animation :lol

But the most important thing to me is that manual D is back!!! :D

nba2k5_fff2_13.jpg

*drool*

TigerKnee

Looking good. Post game looks sick. Midair shot change looks good. Not keeping my hopes up high though...

/crosses finger

Cloudy

Banned
Apparently, some videos for future FTFF's were posted and quickly taken down. The freethrow system is improved and there are now team specific playbooks and you can adjust defensive agrresiveness on the fly. *faints*

DMczaf

Oh god no

In the Ballhandler video, Mobley jumps from outside of the paint for a dunk...without a running start with a player right in front of him. *has ESPN Basketball-Vietnam flashbacks* NO! NO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!

Cloudy

Banned
DM, that was a leading pass so he was heading to the hoop but I agree, he slowed down and shouldn't have made that dunk :lol

We'll have control of sliders for leagues though so we should be able to cut out all the cheese :D

Transition animations are not at the level of NFL2k5. Just moving around your player in a haphazard way makes it look jerky. I'd also like to see more player specific, and position specific animations. I'm liking what I'm seeing though besides that. Also I would like attention paid to the human 2 human play, as there should be very hard to bomb 3's at will, regardless of the defense played. Tired of playing cheese players running 3 point offense all game.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mobley NOOOOOO dont do it!!!!....wtf was that bs :(

Takuan

That Mobley dunk was ridiculous. I doubt they'll fix the game up to remove that sort of junk before release...

Shinobi

BojTrek said:
You know I don't care about "real" shoes that much... but I hate that the only black shoes on the entire court are Allen Iverson... come on Sega add some color... jeez...

:lol Yeah, these generic, bland, lifeless shoes have been bugging me since NBA2K1. They don't have to be real, but at lesat give them some sort of fucking design like the shoes in NFL.

Anyway, some nice vids...really liked the post up moves.

Cloudy

Banned
Apparently, the folks at VC explained why the defensive stance was taken out. I can't find the actual post cos I'm too lazy but they said it's a matter of realism :)rolleyes). They didn't like that folks would just do the defensive stance all game to impede the ballhandler's progress all over the court so they took it out to stop folks from abusing that.

My problem with last year's game is that you take that out and add highly effective iso moves that will be abused by the offense while the defensive iso is much harder to pull off makes defense a joke. They say it's balanced this year so we just have to wait and see.

I'm still skeptical though.....

Is it that hard to put in restritions when using the D stance. They could make you a step slower while in the defensive stance or make you lose more turbo and energy when using the defensive stance. How about just learning to pass the ball or calling for picks like they have to do in real life.

I’m going to wait for word of mouth before I buy any Basketball game this year, especially this one. I've heard some good things but from what I've seen, it still looks too similar to last years verion.

Top Bottom