• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN NFL 2K5 cover athelete leaves Sega for EA

DMczaf

http://www.easportsbig.com/games/nflstreet2/home.jsp

mbowl11_310.jpg

"Sorry Sega, its not personal...just business."

<Unknown guy> Oooooooooooo!

shpankey

not an idiot
That "unknown guy" is not unknown... that be big badass Roy Williams super stud strong safetly of the Dallas Cowboys. He's one bad motha [shut yo mouf!]

DMczaf

shpankey said:
That "unknown guy" is not unknown... that be big badass Roy Williams super stud strong safetly of the Dallas Cowboys. He's one bad motha [shut yo mouf!]

Like I said

Unknown Guy

Not sure if anyone went to the site, but unless there's a link to another story I missed, it just looks like EA is using his character model in the clip they have up right now. Nothing about him "leaving Sega" to endorse EA. I don't see how it has anything to do with "Another bad business decision for Sega" or "TO being a douchebag". Just by virtue of their license with the NFL PLayer's Association EA is free to show him in the game.

EA probably didn't choose him by accident, but it's just showing his likeness in the game, which really has nothing to do with his endorsement with Sega. I mean I don't mean to ruin the surprise for some people, but he's also included in Madden 2005 and Ray Lewis is still in NFL 2K5.

MASB

shpankey said:
you gotta be kidding me with this shit, damn forum burped
lol. I'll say. I thought the forum was designed that you couldn't post more than once a minute? Three posts in a minute?

DCX

DCX
FitzOfRage said:
Not sure if anyone went to the site, but unless there's a link to another story I missed, it just looks like EA is using his character model in the clip they have up right now. Nothing about him "leaving Sega" to endorse EA. I don't see how it has anything to do with "Another bad business decision for Sega" or "TO being a douchebag". Just by virtue of their license with the NFL PLayer's Association EA is free to show him in the game.

EA probably didn't choose him by accident, but it's just showing his likeness in the game, which really has nothing to do with his endorsement with Sega. I mean I don't mean to ruin the surprise for some people, but he's also included in Madden 2005 and Ray Lewis is still in NFL 2K5.
They usually showcase the cover athlete in early vids and screenshots. Cover athletes always seem to be the first rendered. I don't care, he can sign with Sony for all i care. It might work against EA seeing as how he was on ESPN's cover first. If he was on EA's cover then went to Sega, that would help Sega alot. Just because.

DCX

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
DCX said:
They usually showcase the cover athlete in early vids and screenshots. Cover athletes always seem to be the first rendered. I don't care, he can sign with Sony for all i care. It might work against EA seeing as how he was on ESPN's cover first. If he was on EA's cover then went to Sega, that would help Sega alot. Just because.

DCX

....there is no rationale in the above post.... just in case you were wondering.

Top Bottom