• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Sölf

Y'all suck.

Actually it isn't that bad because of Floor Jump.

Still, losing 100 En this early kinda stings.

If I would create a game like this, I would never implement something malicious as that.

tJwFQM1.png

Zweizer

Banned
Man the shortcuts are just so damn convenient in this game. From what I remember in the original EO2 there were barely any of them, and you still had to walk a fuckton to get to them, and the encounter rates were like three times as high.

Even on Expert it doesn't feel all that stressful, unless I get ambushed or something.

spiritfox

Man the shortcuts are just so damn convenient in this game. From what I remember in the original EO2 there were barely any of them, and you still had to walk a fuckton to get to them, and the encounter rates were like three times as high.

Even on Expert it doesn't feel all that stressful, unless I get ambushed or something.

Shortcuts seem quite abundant in this game. I remember reaching B6F in EOU after playing 2U and was surprised there wasn't a shortcut after every FOE puzzle, only near the stairs. But dungeon design in general is so much better I can forgive it.

Scher

I remember reaching B6F in EOU after playing 2U and was surprised there wasn't a shortcut after every FOE puzzle, only near the stairs.

All the shortcuts near stairs in EOU is so weird because floor jump exists. Floor jump just kind of invalidates the need for a lot of shortcuts, and also kind of invalidates the need for warp wires.

spiritfox

All the shortcuts near stairs in EOU is so weird because floor jump exists. Floor jump just kind of invalidates the need for a lot of shortcuts, and also kind of invalidates the need for warp wires.

It's a leftover from when floor jump wasn't a thing, and for those people who don't want to use floor jumps.

tuffy

Sometimes it seems like even the developers forget that floor jump is a thing. There's quests where it's possible to sidestep the obstacles just by floor jumping to a staircase on the same floor, like in EO2U's "Under Maintenance".

Sölf

So I accepted a quest from Hanna after reaching 7F. She wants to renovate the Inn and needs Hardwood and Red Ivy I think. She tells me that's on 2F, but somehow I don't believe it... xD

Where do I get that? Or can I reach 2F from 7F? I have only explored 7F until the first shortcut.

tuffy

Sölf;196349984 said:
So I accepted a quest from Hanna after reaching 7F. She wants to renovate the Inn and needs Hardwood and Red Ivy I think. She tells me that's on 2F, but somehow I don't believe it... xD

Where do I get that? Or can I reach 2F from 7F? I have only explored 7F until the first shortcut.
Sounds like a typo or something. Scarlet Vines and Hardwood are both 7F chop point items.

omlet

Lots of quests in EO past the first few floors make no sense if you think about them. Your guild is exploring into depths that the majority of other guilds can't handle yet the townspeople all ask for very specific things that they should have no way of knowing about. How did they find out about them?

tuffy

Sölf;196350818 said:
Huh, maybe it was Scarlet Vines. But she told me 2F. Maybe she meant 2nd Stratum. Okay, well get them there then.
7s and 2s can be confused sometimes. Maybe somebody at Atlus messed up when entering the text. But much of the time new quests require stuff from the floor you've just arrived on, so you're right to suspect they wouldn't have you backtrack to 2F for simple resource gathering.

Lots of quests in EO past the first few floors make no sense if you think about them. Your guild is exploring into depths that the majority of other guilds can't handle yet the townspeople all ask for very specific things that they should have no way of knowing about. How did they find out about them?
"Could you get this rare plant from that dungeon you discovered that nobody has ever come back alive from that is located in this exact spot?"

Sölf

7s and 2s can be confused sometimes. Maybe somebody at Atlus messed up when entering the text. But much of the time new quests require stuff from the floor you've just arrived on, so you're right to suspect they wouldn't have you backtrack to 2F for simple resource gathering.

Considering there is still a passage near the second mining point on 2F which I can't access from this side, it could have been steps on 7F that send me down to 2F! xD

omlet

I wonder if it'll be a n3DS exclusive.

I hope they don't do that. Then again I don't know what n3DS sales look like so maybe it wouldn't be that bad of a business decision.

What would the game even do with more CPU cores, more RAM, and Circle Pad Pro controls?
Ambush encounters with 9 enemies.

Up the limit to 5 FOE in battle at the same time.

More extravagant game over screens to go along with those upgrades.

Sölf

What would the game even do with more CPU cores, more RAM, and Circle Pad Pro controls?

Even in you n3DS, FOE!
We can always just go with more FOEs! Everything is better with more FOEs!

I reached 9F and finally am able to make some money. Could upgrade quite a bit so far.

Also, I posted my sort of EO clone a page back. While the whole game is still in german, anyone interested in testing that, since I basically finished updating my current version. I would even create a extra FAQ for you guys, containing all skills and items and stuff. :0

Sölf

So I stand before the 10F boss, but I still have some stuff to do. Haven't fought any of the second stratum FOEs so far, I will definitly try that. I also habe quite a bit equipment unlocked which I couldn't buy yet because I lack money, so I have to do a few gather runs. I am also missing a quest, with the "Tree Sponges". Where are they? I basically explored all of 9F and 10F and didn't find a single one.

tuffy

Sölf;196685486 said:
I am also missing a quest, with the "Tree Sponges". Where are they? I basically explored all of 9F and 10F and didn't find a single one.
They're a 6F FOE, but not a very difficult one.

Top Bottom