• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Sale (Japanese classics)

Tyrus

Banned
Thinking of grabbing for my Vita:

• Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
    The 3rd Birthday
    Vagrant Story

Any opinions on these? Worth it with the discounts?

Also, what's the difference with Lunar: SSH versus its two earlier counterparts on GBA and PS1?

Bishop89

EU VitaGAF

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
*3 games in one. Also comes with the JP dub, meaning you get the glorious voice of Norio Wakamoto as Dracula. Just go grab a Save file off Gamefaqs.com or somewhere, throw it into your Vita and you can play the OG Rondo of Blood.
Oh and this is an action adventure game, so get in on this ish.

Whats the difference between this and symphony of the night?

are the graphics and performance vastly improved?

I already own sotn but it this is a better version i might 'double dip'

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
PS4 or PS3

Cause if it is PS3 Scholar then you aren't getting the full changes, just the dlc and one extra boss fight
PS4 :)

Um you probably have to google the locations of two of the three keys you need.

The key to Frozen Crown you will find on your normal journey but Iron and Sunken are a bit out of the way
Alrighty!
Might do that then.

WITHE1982

Now that a goddamn sale!!

Final fantasy X/X-2 HD vita get, Metal Gear Solid HD collection get.

Damn it I only bought Okami HD for £12 two days ago... C'est la vie

Also a great time to grab the team ico HD collection for £8

Edit: Dayum I'm gonna finally grab Vanquish as well.

Edit2: also Sword Art Online. Sony what are you doing to me!

Tizoc

Whats the difference between this and symphony of the night?

are the graphics and performance vastly improved?

I already own sotn but it this is a better version i might 'double dip'

All I can tell you right now is that
1- EU PS1 ver. is apparently the 50 Hz one.
2- It has the cheesy english dub
3- It does not have the glorious voice of Norio Wakamoto
4- The one in DXC has stuff that was removed in the original English release IIRC

It's really up to you at this point, I personally settled on the DXC since it was 3 games in 1, I don't think you'll miss out on anything by not getting the PSX ver. buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut and I'd need someone to confirm this for me: The one in the PSP ver. fixed some of the wacky stuff that was in the PSX ver.

Hell even if you already have SotN, get it since you're getting 2 good Castlevania games =)

Seanspeed

Banned
I think I'll pick up the Ico+SoC HD pack on PS3. Never played any of these games, so I wanna check out what the fuss is about from this team.

Tizoc

Thinking of grabbing for my Vita:

• Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
    The 3rd Birthday
    Vagrant Story

Any opinions on these? Worth it with the discounts?

Also, what's the difference with Lunar: SSH versus its two earlier counterparts on GBA and PS1?

3rd Birthday has good gameplay but the story is trash I hear. Vagrant Story is 50 Hz, in fact avoid it since it messes up the combat lol.

Lunar SSH on PSP has changes from the PSX ver. from what I can recall the iOS and PSP ver. are the essential versions of Lunar 1.

Shahed

Gonne get Oreshika and both Suikodens. Never played them. How is the Atelier series? I tried Rorona briefly on PS3, but the time limit annoyed me too much. Is that removed on the remake and in the future games?

SomTervo

I think I'll pick up the Ico+SoC HD pack on PS3. Never played any of these games, so I wanna check out what the fuss is about from this team.

Judging from what I've seen of your tastes/opinions, Sean, I'm not sure you'll enjoy them much. But they (at least Shadow of the Colossus) are absolutely worth experiencing.

Ico is beautiful and has some great puzzles but it's also incredibly dated and janky in terms of controls/mechanics. Shadow of the Colossus is phenomenal and I still love it, top #1-#2 GOAT for me, but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.

Bishop89

1- PSX ver. on EU PSN should be the 60 Hz ntsc ver.
2- It has the cheesy english dub
3- It does not have the glorious voice of Norio Wakamoto
4- The one in DXC has stuff that was removed in the original English release IIRC

It's really up to you at this point, I personally settled on the DXC since it was 3 games in 1, I don't think you'll miss out on anything by not getting the PSX ver. buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut and I'd need someone to confirm this for me: The one in the PSP ver. fixed some of the wacky stuff that was in the PSX ver.

Hell even if you already have SotN, get it since you're getting 2 good Castlevania games =)

Thanks for the feedback :)

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
1- PSX ver. on EU PSN should be the 60 Hz ntsc ver.
Just wanted to say that this is incorrect, it's the European version.
So if anyone wants to play SotN, buy Dracula X Chronicles or the US version from the US store if you're playing on a PS3.

Edit: Wait a sec... when did you change it?

WITHE1982

I'm kinda stuck between YS Seven and Oath in Felghana.

They're both on sale for £2.40 but it's more a question of having time to play them. Which is the better game and more story based?

FYI: I've only played Ys1 & 2 chronicles and memories of Celceta in the Ys series so far.

Tizoc

They're both on sale for £2.40 but it's more a question of having time to play both. Which is the better game and more story based?

FYI: I've only played Ys1 & 2 chronicles and memories of Celceta in the Ys series so far.

You don't play Ys games for the story.
You play them for the combat, boss fights and epic soundtracks.
Get all of them
All of them

You could get just Ys OiF (Ys 3), but then you'll regret not getting the others on sale as well :p

Mephala

How is Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment? What is lure here? Is it an action RPG with good combat? Story? Is it similar to any other games? Is it a good game for single player? Is it worthwhile if you didn't watch the anime?

Ugh. Still no Muramasa DLC deal. Could someone confirm if it's ever been on sale before? I think it has but I am not certain.

Yeah, I was really hoping to get the DLC too. Those that haven't played Muramasa I highly recommend it. Beautiful art and a pretty relaxing action game.

WITHE1982

You don't play Ys games for the story.
You play them for the combat, boss fights and epic soundtracks.
Get all of them
All of them

You could get just Ys OiF (Ys 3), but then you'll regret not getting the others on sale as well :p

Ah so Ys: OiF is a remake of Wanderers from Ys? I didn't have a clue. Guess I'll grab that one...
and Ys Seven as well to follow.

Tizoc

^Good choice, when I got into Ys I started with OiF then straight into Seven =)

Was thinking of getting FFV the other day, at this price it's a no brainer!

Careful
It's 50 Hz and runs like molasses. If you don't mind that, dive right in and hopefully you enjoy it =3

How is Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment? What is lure here? Is it an action RPG with good combat? Story? Is it similar to any other games? Is it a good game for single player? Is it worthwhile if you didn't watch the anime?

All I know is that the gameplay is good and that it has penetrations.

redcrayon

They're both on sale for £2.40 but it's more a question of having time to play them. Which is the better game and more story based?

Oath in Felghana is the better game, and also isn't bloated at a trim 15 hours or so, but I preferred the story in Seven.

Tizoc

^Majority are 50 Hz, check the previous page for a post on which ones are 50 Hz, namely the PS1 FF games

Is there a way to tell which games are 50 Hz from the store?
Generally games that aren't PAL ver. would have a US or JPN flag next to their icon.
Otherwise assume the rest are 50 Hz.

Tizoc plz. Penetration? O__O;

Hupto9v.jpg

2552900-9183138184-85512.jpg

Penetrations

parkinho

On the Vita, both Ninja Gaiden games are part of the sales. Two questions:
- are these versions any good?
- which is the better game?

FWIW I've had very limited experience with the NG series but I am a massive fan of character action games, particularly Platinum's output.

Cheers!

Tizoc

On the Vita, both Ninja Gaiden games are part of the sales. Two questions:
- are these versions any good?
- which is the better game?

FWIW I've had very limited experience with the NG series but I am a massive fan of character action games, particularly Platinum's output.

Cheers!

The ports are fine from what I've seen but are locked at 30 FPS IIRC.

They're OK, but if you could get their PS3 versions, get those instead.

Duster

Time to complete my potential purchases according to HLTB
Suikoden – 20
Suikoden II – 43
Breath Of Fire 3 - 46
TiTs - 50

PS Blog says
Oreshika – 100

I'm a couple of hours into
FF Tactics – 63

I'll probably have to ditch Suikoden, seems safe to do even if it's not ideal.

That still leaves 300 hours!

If I do buy all those games I think I'll be set for a while.

Tsunamo

Been a long time since the PAL store's had a sale i've been interested in, but god damn is this a good one.

Oreshika, Ys IV/Seven and Suikoden 1/2 for about $50 seems like a really good haul to me.

Tizoc

Can anyone point me to a thread for creation of a EU PSN account for someone in the US? Can't find one.

Are you on PS3 or PS4? If on a PS3, just make a new e-mail address and create a new account on your PS3 setting the region to UK/England.
Then just use a random address and boom you're in business.

Seems like a good sale until you realise are about 5 items that haven't been discounted before, and many of them for far better discounts.

KaneU

I fucking hate that FF XIII is not on PSN, I would really like to play the series...

Question for gaffers: Can I just jump into XIII-2? Will I understand the story without playing the first one? Is XIII-2 the better game?

Raphael

How the hell have they omitted peace walker psp version? After seeing mgs v last week I have decided I will buy it on the nearest sale - and was quite excited to see that there is already one with mgs in it. But nooooo.

Tizoc

I fucking hate that FF XIII is not on PSN, I would really like to play the series...

Question for gaffers: Can I just jump into XIII-2? Will I understand the story without playing the first one? Is XIII-2 the better game?

FF13-2 literally retcons the story of 13. That or disregards it completely.
The story's ridiculous anyway just go in for the combat/gameplay.

Top Bottom