• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Sale (Japanese classics)

Are you on PS3 or PS4? If on a PS3, just make a new e-mail address and create a new account on your PS3 setting the region to UK/England.
Then just use a random address and boom you're in business.

Thanks. Guessing no way to do this online then. I'll just use my PS3. I guess they could ban my main account if they found out but I don't know how they could.

TheChaos0

Gonne get Oreshika and both Suikodens. Never played them. How is the Atelier series? I tried Rorona briefly on PS3, but the time limit annoyed me too much. Is that removed on the remake and in the future games?

Atelier is a great JRPG series. Time management is most strict in Rorona, later games are a lot, a lot more generous with the story limits. Atelier Shalie dropped the time limit entirely, although I would recommend trying Atelier Totori at the very least. The thing with time limits, is that you don't need to worry about them outside the main progression. You are given more than enough time to be able to do whatever you want.

VLiberty

Ys is awesome. Fast and fun action rpgs.

Nights holds up. Great port too, gave fun :)

Thanks! I think I'm gonna get it

I'll probably pass on DMC though, I've heard about issues that only occur in the dd version. Not sure if it's true, though

Azusa

Nice sale. Got Suikoden II, Senran Bon Appetit and Valk Chronicle II. I hope I'll find some time to play these great games.

Is there any reason to buy Symphony of the Night on it's own versus buying Dracula X Chronicles? I'd be playing it on my vita regardless.

Tizoc

Is there any reason to buy Symphony of the Night on it's own versus buying Dracula X Chronicles? I'd be playing it on my vita regardless.

Apparently the PS1 ver. is the 50 Hz PAL ver.
DXC has the JP dub in both SotN and RoB remake, meaning you get the glorious voice of Norio Wakamoto as Dracula.

Apparently the PS1 ver. is the 50 Hz PAL ver.
DXC has the JP dub in both SotN and RoB remake, meaning you get the glorious voice of Norio Wakamoto as Dracula.

I can't say I know who that is, but 50hz basically confirms my choice of going for DXC.

Seanspeed

Banned
Judging from what I've seen of your tastes/opinions, Sean, I'm not sure you'll enjoy them much. But they (at least Shadow of the Colossus) are absolutely worth experiencing.

Ico is beautiful and has some great puzzles but it's also incredibly dated and janky in terms of controls/mechanics. Shadow of the Colossus is phenomenal and I still love it, top #1-#2 GOAT for me, but it's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.
For £8, it cant hurt to try.

And I'm not sure I'm gonna dislike them. I do like atmospheric games quite a bit, even if they aren't particularly deep or challenging or anything. But they have to provide some level of engagement, which is where I'm not sure I'll land with these.

I'm also not completely sold on the art style, but that is something that can change through actually playing a game. Wouldn't be the first time a few videos or screens didn't properly convey the beauty of a game.

Thanks for the heads up, though. The fact that others like you enjoy them as much as y'all say definitely has me intrigued at least.

DSix

Banned
I'm very tempted by Dragon's Dogma.
I've been waiting for years for a PC port and I fear the day I give up and get the PS3 game, mere weeks/months later it will surprise release on PC.

Mr Git

I'm also not completely sold on the art style, but that is something that can change through actually playing a game. Wouldn't be the first time a few videos or screens didn't properly convey the beauty of a game.

For those games it's absolutely the sound (or lack of) that adds to the amazing atmosphere. Without wanting to sound tacky they have a sort of ethereal feel to them. Quite unlike other games.

Mendax

I'm very tempted by Dragon's Dogma.
I've been waiting for years for a PC port and I fear the day I give up and get the PS3 game, mere weeks/months later it will surprise release on PC.

just get it, it's perfectly fine (platinummed it last month)

Fate/Extra is OK, but its successor game (which never got an English release) is said to be better.
If you want some Fate on your Vita, def. get it.

Skip God Eater since a remake of it for PSV and PS4 just got announced.

thanks! so is rage burst coming westward then? or are you referring to something else?

Tizoc

anyone know if Fate/Extra is any good? And God Eater (looks reaaally old..)?

Fate/Extra is OK, but its successor game (which never got an English release) is said to be better.
If you want some Fate on your Vita, def. get it.

Skip God Eater since a remake of it for PSV and PS4 just got announced.

Any reason not to get Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles for Vita? It's the same as the PSP version, with SotN and everything, right? For some reason I vaguely remember being about to buy it in the past but learning something bad about the Vita version like it not having SotN or something?

KaneU

FF13-2 literally retcons the story of 13. That or disregards it completely.
The story's ridiculous anyway just go in for the combat/gameplay.

So to pre-frase my question: Is XIII-2 worth it for 10 euros, especially without playing the first one...

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Finally a EU sale that's not complete garbage. I might even play on my psvita again for the first time in almost a year.

redcrayon

Any reason not to get Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles for Vita? It's the same as the PSP version, with SotN and everything, right? For some reason I vaguely remember being about to buy it in the past but learning something bad about the Vita version like it not having SotN or something?
It definitely has SoTN, you do have to play through three stages of Dracula X to unlock it though.

Seanspeed

Banned
For those games it's absolutely the sound (or lack of) that adds to the amazing atmosphere. Without wanting to sound tacky they have a sort of ethereal feel to them. Quite unlike other games.
See, that gets me excited. I'm pretty big on minimalism when it comes to soundtracks in games. In fact, I regularly turn music off in certain games to enhance the atmosphere and sense of immersion.

Recall

This is the worst sale ever if you dont have an anime avatar

3730995_o.gif

How is Toukiden on PS4? Is it like the dynasty warriors games?

Recall

What's the difference between XCOM: Enemy Within and XCOM: Enemy Unknown? Which you guys recommend to buy?

Think of it like this:

Enemy Unknown is Street Fighter 4
Enemy Within is Super Street Fighter 4

Same game, yet one is updated and thusly has more content.

Mendax

How is Toukiden on PS4? Is it like the dynasty warriors games?

no, combat is kinda similar but it's more like a hunting game - multiple small maps with a few enemies, one large target monster with a million hitpoints - but without the non-combat gameplay elements of hunting games :p

Recall

no, combat is kinda similar but it's more like a hunting game - multiple small maps with a few enemies, one large target monster with a million hitpoints - but without the non-combat gameplay elements of hunting games :p

Sounds fun. Cheers.

Mendax

How good is the Sword Art Online game? Is it worth it even if I'm not a huge fan of the anime?

Yes it is a fantastic rpg on its own. the translation/localization is kinda meh though so a bit of free interpretation is required :/

Damn you, I took it... It better not be have an announcement during my playthrough.

niicee, have fun! I enjoyed every second of it. so good.

How often do PSP games go on sale anyway? I think I saw BoF 3 go twice on sale last year.

I really want to jump into the psp bandwagon and get Valkyria Chronicles 2, both Prinnys and all Ys games.

Vertti

Bought Vanquish, Catherine and The Team Ico Collection. Under 20€ so pretty happy.

Still with Steam sales, this and Woolly World in two days gaming has drained so much money lately. But on the other hand there isn't really anything special coming in July or August so I'm okay with this.

KDR_11k

How are those Ar no something games? I've seen them around but never heard people talk about them much.

Holy shit that's a good sale! Is Castlevania Harmony of Despair any good if I'm really enjoying SotN? I've heard that it supports multiplayer, but is it still worth it if I'm only gonna play single player?

No, not at all. The progression is completely different, each level is a single "screen" consisting of many regular Cv rooms stitched together with every monster and player active at the same time, you have to make it to the boss and beat it on one life if playing solo, no checkpoints. The RPG elements are almost completely gone.

Top Bottom