• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Sale (Japanese classics)

JimPanzer

holy shit, my friend just gave me his old PS3 for free. a console I never owned.

that's my cart right now:

Ni No Kuni
Ico
SotC
MGS4
Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
Okami HD
Demon Souls
Catherine
Resonance of Fate

Am I missing any essentials? How's Zone of the Enders?

mcz117chief

Already spent 200 hours with DC on the vita. Should I get both Zone of the Enders'?

I have both but only played the first one so I can't really comment on that, but I did enjoy the first game (haven't finished it yet), it works fine performance wise and there were no glitches or anything. Technically it is a good re-master.

I bought Freedom Wars and downloaded Catherine (which I've previously bought). Catherine is pretty cool, but I wish it was more of a visual novel because the Dropblox part can get rather annoying.

Tizoc

PS3GAF
BEFORE YOU LIES A GREAT SELECTION OF GAMES ON SALE (well 90% of them mostly). DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE HUNDERDS OF POUNDS OR EUROS YOU WILL SPEND FOR THEY WILL BE WELL SPENT.
Or you can just take your pick from the following list, cuz all these games are totally worth it
XCOM Enemy Within+Unknown
Darkness 2
Spec Ops the Line
Drakengard 3
FF X+X2 HD
Maken Shao
Anarchy Regins
Binary Domain
Catherine
Darkstalkers Resurrection
Dead Rising 2
Demon's Souls
DMC HD Duology
Disgaea D2
Dragon's Crown
D&D Chronicles of Mystara
Final Fight Double Impact
God Hand
ICO+Shadow of the Colossus
Killer is Dead
Lost Planet 3
Malicious
Megaman 10 Complete
MGS HD Collection
MG Rising
MGS 4 HD
MGS 1 (Optimized 50 Hz from what I've seen)
Ni no Kuni
NIGHTS into dreams
Okami HD
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Resident Vil 1 HD
Remember Me (worth a 1 time playthrough and worth it for the price IMO)
Residet Evil 4
Resident Evil 6
RE Code Veronica X
RE Chronicles HD
Resonance of Fate
Short Peace (Anime shorts+1 short game, but totally worth it for this price)
SF2 Turbo HD Remix
Street Fighter X Tekken
Strider
Super Puzzle Fighter
Trinity Souls of Zill O'll
Under Night InBirth
Vanquish
Virtua Fighter 5 FS Complete edition
Yakuza 4
Yakuza DS
Zone of the Enders 2
Suikoden 1 and 2
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

holy shit, my friend just gave me his old PS3 for free. a console I never owned.

Ni No Kuni
Ico
SotC
MGS4
Okami HD
Demon Souls
Catherine
Resonance of Fate

Check the above list :p
For now, grab at least ZoE 2 HD since 1 is short and is more of a prologue.

swnny

I'm one click away from buying Suikoden 1, 2 and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. for a total of 10 euro, that's a steal. BUUUT. I have ZERO time to play them at the moment.
Damn it, I hate such sales so much... Some one STAHP me, please...

Renewed my PS+ subscription and bought Yakuza 4, Yakuza: Dead Souls and Binary Domain. Considering postponing FFX remaster for another time.

What is the general consensus regarding Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns?

Mr YuYu

I'm one click away from buying Suikoden 1, 2 and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. for a total of 10 euro, that's a steal. BUUUT. I have ZERO time to play them at the moment.

Do it. Some day you wil have time!

Thats what i keep telling myself :)

I'd definitely get Suikoden 1 & 2 that's under a fiver. A pint in a half decent bar costs about the same price.

Hellraider

Bought Vagrant story and after a couple of hours of really liking everything else I ragequit because i kept missing the timing of my attacks/defenses because of this fucking framerate. What bullshit is this?

Should have bought suikoden...

Tizoc

Don't stop, buy them!
You won't see them on sale very often.
What is this logic of 'having time to play', what happens when you have time to play but the games aren't on sale?!

It's like saving a penny for a rainy day: Buy games for cheap to play them when you are trapped at home with enough supplies to last you a decade, during a snowpocalypse and having enough time to play all your games

Bought Vagrant story and after a couple of hours of really liking everything else I ragequit because i kept missing the timing of my attacks/defenses because of this fucking framerate. What bullshit is this?

Are you on PS3 or Vita? See if you can refund your EU purchase and go grab it off US PSN :p

Klossen

Banned

Ni No Kuni
Ico
SotC
MGS4
Okami HD
Demon Souls
Catherine
Resonance of Fate

Add Yakuza 4 aswell. And the Devil May Cry Collection. Also, yes. ZoE aswell. Just remember to patch it before playing it.

Knuf

Was scrolling through these offers just now and Strider showed up as "Free with PS+", but I'm more than certain it was 5€ the other day when I had in my cart: webstore glitch, maybe?

EDIT: Even DOA5+ on Vita shows up as free for me now: I already own the physical game, but what the hell?!

Hellraider

Was scrolling through these offers just now and Strider showed up as "Free with PS+", but I'm more than certain it was 5€ the other day when I had in my cart: webstore glitch, maybe?

It happens from time to time. Just one of the seven million bugs the PS store has.

Tizoc

EDIT: Even DOA5+ on Vita shows up as free for me now: I already own the physical game, but what the hell?!

Those ar elikely the July Plus free games, EU PSN may be updating earlier than usual :p
EDIT: Or what Hellraider said :V

Bittercup

What's up with the store? Half the game of the sale have suddenly disappeared.
The Vita section was 4 pages, now only two and I can't find some of the games even with the normal search function. Dracula X, Symphony of the Night and both Metal Gear Solid HDs for example. Even the direct links from the blog only lead to a page not found error. The games should still be on sale until next week.
I hope Sony fixes this in time.

The Vita section was 4 pages, now only two and I can't find some of the games even with the normal search function. Dracula X, Symphony of the Night and both Metal Gear Solid HDs for example. Even the direct links from the blog only lead to a page not found error. The games should still be on sale until next week.

Something seems broken right now
not sure what's happening

Tizoc

Store's borked? Dang...
Can you list what games you're looking for? I'll try to see if they show up for me and link them :X

Chao

Ok so it wasn't just me being dumb, I was looking for dragons crown and couldn't find it anywhere.

Bashtee

Fucking sales, they are going to be my ruin!

What I got:

• Suikoden
  • Suikoden II
  • Vagrant Story
  • htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary
  • Disgaea Infinite
  • Sumioni: Demon Arts
  • Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days
  • Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
  • Atelier Ayesha Plus
  • Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
  • Front Misson 3
  • Fate/EXTRA
  • Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero?
  • Prinny 2
  • Swort Art Online: Hollow Fragment
  • Rune Factory Oceans

What I will buy as soon as I get some more cash:
  • Drakengrad 3
  • Tales of Xillia 2
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth2
  • Yakuza: Dead Souls

Wallet am cry. ;___;

Ni No Kuni
Ico
SotC
MGS4
Okami HD
Demon Souls
Catherine
Resonance of Fate

God Hand is essential at the price it's at if you're into action-packed romps. Unorthodox brawler though, but it feels natural after a while.

Bauer91

DOA5+ is just the demo. :(

Ni No Kuni
Ico
SotC
MGS4
Okami HD
Demon Souls
Catherine
Resonance of Fate

Holy shit at that haul. Yeah, you're going to be missing a huge chunk of your free time. :D

You have impeccable tastes, sir. Very solid haul.

Accidentaly posted in the other sale thread. I'm wondering this regarding one of the games on sale, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Is Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 anything worth getting? I'll survive that they removed the gore since they seem to have added a bunch of new gameplay-related things (from what i remember seeing it like 3 years ago).

I played the first game on xbox when i was little and played the demo of the second one and loved that too. I'm just wondering if they altered some stuff in Sigma 2 that made it for the worse? Heard they made the first Sigma alot easier which has put me on hold from buying it until i get an Xbox to play NG: Black instead.

SomTervo

I can confirm weird things going on via the PSN store.

Ni No Kuni is marked as 'Unavailable'. When I click on 'Tell me more' it says 'You don't own this game'.

Revengeance also has no price, and all I can click is 'Try free demo' instead of 'buy'.

There are also a lot of items missing from my list. I can't see God Hand. I can't see Anarchy Reigns.

I also tried to update the store on my actual PS3 and it failed to download.

These deals end tomorrow right? I haven't had time to get anything until now. Fuck you, Sony.

Edit: I see that Sony are aware of it. Good stuff.

Tizoc

I can confirm weird things going on via the PSN store.

Ni No Kuni is marked as 'Unavailable'. When I click on 'Tell me more' it says 'You don't own this game'.

Revengeance also has no price, and all I can click is 'Try free demo' instead of 'buy'.

There are also a lot of items missing from my list. I can't see God Hand. I can't see Anarchy Reigns.

I also tried to update the store on my actual PS3 and it failed to download.

These deals end tomorrow right? I haven't had time to get anything until now. Fuck you, Sony.
EU PSN sales last more than 1 week, so check the store at a later time and it should be fixed.

PranooY

Picked up Suikoden 1, Suikoden 2 and FFX/X2 HD remaster for Vita.
Edit: I can't find Tales games. Im pretty sure those wer on sales.

SomTervo

EU PSN sales last more than 1 week, so check the store at a later time and it should be fixed.

Only some of the titles in the sale are staying on after tomorrow. Some of them are one week only.

But I jumped the gun a little thinking Sony wouldn't do anything about the bugs - they are, so that's okay. I'll check back in a few horus.

Griss

Is Atelier Rorona (Vita) not showing up for anyone else or is it just me? Can anyone in the EU check?

Worse, it's already in my cart, and since it's not showing up I can't remove it! It's just a glowing square that they want me to pay money for. How do you get delisted items out of your cart?

And even worse, I'd only just decided on Rorona and now I'll have to question it again. Atelier fans always give conflicting advice.

Top Bottom