• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Sale (Japanese classics)

Katamori

Neo Member
Forget the sale, I just want them to put the PSP versions of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II on the North American store. Will that ever happen?

I had to look. Seems a stupid for them not to. I mean, that should be easy money for them, no?

Despite my high expectations I'm honestly shocked at how amazing Bloodborne is so I kinda wanna go for DS2 as my first proper souls game, but I'm still struggling (in the best possible way) with getting through BB so I'm worried I'll be exhausted when I'm finally done with it and won't feel up to getting into another massive game to test my patience. Maybe in time for DS3...

Siegmeyer

Err I think you're mistaken?
The game is not cropped, it is just played in it's original aspect ratio. There are options so that you can
1- Change the artwork of the borders
2- Stretch the size of the game with respect to aspect ratio, this way the game screen covers all of your handheld's screen vertically

I was mistaken. I didn't realise these options were under the options for the Dracula X game - I always just booted SotN straight from the main menu as soon as I unlocked it.

Thanks for correcting my ignorance. Just tried it out and it's a LOT better.

Grabbed:

MGS: HD Collection - already have MGS2&3 on PS3 but it'll be nice to have them on HD in case I ever want to replay them
Ni no Kuni - always wanted to get it at that price but always put it off I wont have to play it, doubt I will anytime soon but at 4€ who could say no
Suikoden I & II: Already played them on emulators so I figured I should make right with the creators and buy a legitimate copy
Ys Oath in Felghana & YS 7: I know I will love Ys, so Oath will be my first attempt to get into the franchise (thank god I still rock a PSP!)

All of that cost only €29=£20 so not bad!

Finally decided what I'm getting (I think...)

Suikoden
Suikoden II
Disgaea 4
Valkyria Chronicles II
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of Lions
Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth1

Lime

Why isn't Tactics Ogre on sale as well? This is disappointing, but at least I picked up War of the Lions, Suikoden I+II and Castlevania SOTN to expand my Vita digital library.

sasuke_91

I bought Disgaea D2, Resonance of Fate, Vagrant Story and Suikoden 1+2.
That's 35€ or even less if a friend wants to share them. I think I'm good :p

New games for my backlog! \o/

The Boat

I'm confused, MGS HD collection has cross-play, but not cross-buy?
EDIT: Also, I can't find Breath of Fire in the store...

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, why do I have to be completely skint when Dark Souls 2 comes on sale? Oh well, next time!

Zhao_Yun

My haul thus far:

Suikoden
Suikoden II
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
Ys Seven
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys I & II Chronicles

Still thinking about:
Oreshika
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1
Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Dissidia FF Duodecim

what's the consensus on RE: Revelations 2? Might bite if it's good.

I thought it was much better than Revelations 1. The campaign is much better, imo. Raid Mode is better in some ways, and worse in others. Overall it's definitely worth it if you're a fan of the series.

People should get Dissidia 012[duodecim]

I don't know whether to get Sword Art Online or Tales if Hearts R. I could get both but that means I'd need to delete more games off my vita and I won't be able to get Rocket Leauge when that comes out on PS4 (I have around £30 psn credit)

Jisgsaw

Grabbed a lot:
FF9
FF Tactics
Oreshika
Vagrant Story
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Castlevania SotN

And Wild Arms, even though it wasn't on sale, strangely.
Now I'm wondering how many of these games I'll have the time to even start...

The Boat

Yeah, it has transfarring, but not.. transbarring? It happens for some games, especially big retail games. (FFX HD e.g. also had cross-save but no crossbuy).

Hmm that sucks, I'm not buying it again.

Seriously though, Breath of fire 3 doesn't show up in the store for me, what's up with that?

The Boat

I want to buy BoF3, it doesn't appear on the browser, it appears on Vita, but on Vita I can't add funds via PayPal... what a fucking mess.

Tenrius

So I bought Suikoden I from the US store. I take it that I won't be able to use my savegame with the PAL version or import it to the PAL version of the second game?

gogogow

Portugal.

The problem is that forces me to put more money in than what I'm going to spend. It's not a lot, but still.

Yeah, you can't pay the difference with paypal, creditcard/debitcard. Really dissapointing. I thought it was possible in the past, must've confused it with the Wii U.

I was literally €0.08 short for buying a PSP game and had to add at least €5.

Anim

Picked up Catherine and Disgaea 2 yesterday. I've wanted to try the latter since I've played Disgaea DS in 2009, so I hope it'll be a blast.

I'm wondering if I should also grab Resonance of Fate at that price. Will have to ponder over it over the next couple of days.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Portugal.

The problem is that forces me to put more money in than what I'm going to spend. It's not a lot, but still.
Isn't 5€ (or equivalent) the minimum amount you can add to your PSN account in any case?

And Portugal, eh? Surprised that you can see BoF3 in the Vita store but not the web store, because it seems like Capcom missed the boat with a couple of PSP games in the Portuguese store in the past such as Power Stone Collection and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max, and I thought BoF3 might also have been one of them.

Jumping on the thread late apologies:

But is there a list of witch games on sale are 50 hz
Or indeed which are 60Hz.
I can't go back to playing 50 hz and weird music. Just.... no.

Thanks.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
I got myself Dynasty Warriors Empires 8 on the PS4. Really excited to see the "strategy" elements it brings to the table. Never played one of the Empire spin offs.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Jumping on the thread late apologies:

But is there a list of witch games on sale are 50 hz
Or indeed which are 60Hz.
I can't go back to playing 50 hz and weird music. Just.... no.

Thanks.
All of the PS1 games on this sale and Maken Shao are European versions, i.e 50Hz only. So don't buy any of them.
And for future reference, if there's an American of Japanese flag on the store icon, then it's NTSC/60Hz.

Edit: God Hand might be the European version, but that does have a 60Hz option!

Top Bottom