• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN Sale (Japanese classics)

VaeVictis

Is Valkyria Chronicles II playable without having to do a PS3 -> Vita transfer? On the PSN store it says the game is playable on the PS Vita, so I hope that means it is also downloadable directly to the Vita. Can anyone verify this?

Is Valkyria Chronicles II playable without having to do a PS3 -> Vita transfer? On the PSN store it says the game is playable on the PS Vita, so I hope that means it is also downloadable directly to the Vita. Can anyone verify this?

Yes, I downloaded it yesterday directly to my vita

v1ncelis

Can anybody tell me why Hitman pre order is only for 49.99 euro? Not that I'm complaining but still curious why it's so cheap (pre order discount?)

WITHE1982

Dayum. 10GB for FF X/X-2 and Sword Art Online. That's my 3rd Vita card full. Time to hunt out a fourth.

So far grabbed:
FF X/X-2
Sword Art Online
Ys: Seven
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
MGS
suikoden 2

... and if people don't stop recommending stuff on this thread it'll be much more... wow! Lunar silver star harmony looks great. There's another one bought.

I'll wait to see what the rumored US sale brings us this weekend, my Vita is set to the US account anyway.
This is a great sale though, I just wish they'd get rid of the damn 50hz versions.

Ambitious

I wish it was possible to buy stuff from other countries' PSN stores, at least within the same region.
I'd love to play FF8 and FF9, but I've got a German PSN account and as far as I know, the German versions of those two games don't include English localizations. Sucks.

Tizoc

Dayum. 10GB for FF X/X-2 and Sword Art Online. That's my 3rd Vita card full. Time to hunt out a fourth.

So far grabbed:
FF X/X-2
Sword Art Online
Ys: Seven
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
MGS
suikoden 2

... and if people don't stop recommending stuff on this thread it'll be much more... wow! Lunar silver star harmony looks great. There's another one bought.

You done good kid, you done good

Tizoc

I wish it was possible to buy stuff from other countries' PSN stores, at least within the same region.
I'd love to play FF8 and FF9, but I've got a German PSN account and as far as I know, the German versions of those two games don't include English localizations. Sucks.

Just make a UK account or better yet a US account.
I'm talking about PS3 of course, just make yourself a UK account and avail for these offers, though far as PSX classics are concerned, make a US account. There's gonna be a sale this coming weekend and we might see the FF games go on sale, so if you wait a bit, see them on sale on US PSN, make a US account, grab cash cards from PSN, and enjoy these classic PSX games in their 60 Hz glory.

Siegmeyer

Ys Seven and Oath in Felghana bought. Would have snagged Dracula X: Chronicles too but I just bought it a couple of weeks ago.

I actually bought Dracula X mainly for SotN, but no one mentioned that the screen is cropped for that version (same with the Rondo of Blood unlockable). If I'd have known that, I probably would have just bought it on PS3. Might be worth considering if that's important to you.

Tizoc

Ys Seven and Oath in Felghana bought. Would have snagged Dracula X: Chronicles too but I just bought it a couple of weeks ago.

I actually bought Dracula X mainly for SotN, but no one mentioned that the screen is cropped for that version (same with the Rondo of Blood unlockable). If I'd have known that, I probably would have just bought it on PS3. Might be worth considering if that's important to you.

It's cropped? Could you elaborate on that?

Ambitious

Just make a UK account or better yet a US account.
I'm talking about PS3 of course, just make yourself a UK account and avail for these offers, though far as PSX classics are concerned, make a US account. There's gonna be a sale this coming weekend and we might see the FF games go on sale, so if you wait a bit, see them on sale on US PSN, make a US account, grab cash cards from PSN, and enjoy these classic PSX games in their 60 Hz glory.

Of course I've considered that.
But I'd rather play those games on my Vita. However, in order to switch PSN accounts on a Vita, you need to do a factory reset. That's annoying as hell.

And I generally don't like the idea of splitting up my purchases between two accounts. Yeah, I should have created an US account in the first place, but hindsight is 20/20.

Damage so far:

zZlmuMg.png

I have about 360 MB left in my memory card after some cleaning. 150 of them will go to Shovel Knight so maybe I can fit another game in.

Westraid

This is a great sale!

Think I'll pick up New Little King’s Story.
May try one of the Atelier games, not really sure they're going to be my cup of tea with the time limits, so I'll remain seated on the fence for a while longer.
Love how they look though, so actually I'm pretty tempted!

If I had a bigger memory card or Sony didn't price them so ridiculously, I'd have gotten a couple more games.

Highly recommend Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles by the way, I have it for my PSP and it's easily one of my favourites. You get a whole lot of game for very little money.

1er tigre

Is dragons crown worth 20€ ? I Wanna wait until it's cheaper but it seems it is rarely on sale.

What about tales of xillia 2 for 18€ ?
I found the first one pretty good.

Ekid

Wow first japanese game sale for almost a year, time to break the wallet.

Front Mission 3
50% off
Original price £4.99/€5.99
Offer price £2.50/€3.00

Vagrant Story
50% off
Original price £4.99/€5.99
Offer price £2.50/€3.00

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of Lions
50% off
Original price £7.99/€9.99
Offer price £4.00/€5.00

Resonance of Fate
70% off
Original price £15.99/€19.99
Offer price £4.80/€6.00

Suikoden
40% off
Original price £3.99/€4.99
Offer price £2.39/€2.99

Suikoden II
40% off
Original price £3.99/€4.99
Offer price £2.39/€2.99

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
50% off
Original price £15.99/€19.99
Offer price £8.00/€10.00
PS Plus price £6.40/€8.00

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony [PSP]
75% off
Original price £9.99/€12.99
Offer price £2.50/€3.25

Valkyria Chronicles II
75% off
Original price £9.99/€12.99
Offer price £2.50/€3.25

Ys Seven
70% off
Offer price £2.40/€3.00

Ys: The Oath in Felghana [PSP]
70% off
Offer price £2.40/€3.00

A little disappointed on the discount for the Atelier's games and Y's 4, was expecting a little more.

Still all of the above for 45€, what a steal.

Quite tempted by Dark Souls 2. I went from playing Bloodborne exclusively since its release to the Witcher 3 now. Not sure I can take another massive time sink.

m0t0k1

Gonna buy:

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Senran Kagura Bon Apetit
Demon Gaze
Conception

not sure only if they work offline on pstv
Sword Art Online

Recommend everybody to check out Catherine on PS3 recently started playing it and absolutely love it.

Skii

Does anyone know if Suikoden and Suikoden 2 were optimised for the PAL releases or are they terrible ports at 50hz?

Mendax

Is dragons crown worth 20€ ? I Wanna wait until it's cheaper but it seems it is rarely on sale.

What about tales of xillia 2 for 18€ ?
I found the first one pretty good.

Not sure about dragons crown, its worth a playthrough but I'd personally wait for 15e or less..
And Tales of Xillia 2 definitely. I was in love with the first one but the second one is even better imo. It does re-use a lot of maps and enemies from the first one though so if you dont want to revisit the same world skip it.

amardilo

I bought Dark Souls 2.

I wish they would put the Premium/Season Pass of Battlefield Hardline on sale. I might pick that up if they drop the price a bit.

StuffRuff

So I bought FF X/X-2 for Vita and its saying I can download to the PS3 and Vita? Is it cross buy? Or is the PS3 version just the Vita version but downloadable on the PS3 for transfers?

Fasty

Oh man, just started playing Symphony of the Night on Vita. It's amazing, loving it already. I never realised the Vita gives you so many options when it comes to scaling the screen... It looks absolutely beautiful full screen

That price on Resonance of Fate will scratch an itch for an RPG to play over Summer.

Those file sizes though, aren't the PSN servers total shit? 7GB, I should have it by August!

zero86r

After much deliberation I bought:

Final Fantasy VI
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Breath of Fire 3
Valkyria Chronicles II

Having only played FF6 previously so I hope I made the right choices!

How is Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment? What is lure here? Is it an action RPG with good combat? Story? Is it similar to any other games? Is it a good game for single player? Is it worthwhile if you didn't watch the anime?

Yeah, I was really hoping to get the DLC too. Those that haven't played Muramasa I highly recommend it. Beautiful art and a pretty relaxing action game.

+1 for Muramasa recommendation. The art (characters, backgrounds and enemies) alone is worth the entry fee.

Now that I think about it, I believe my I got my copy via PS+. So I think I will stop being so tight and just buy the DLC next time I have nothing to play.

The Boat

So, Suikoden 1 and 2, legit good? I might bite at least on that. I've been listening to Ys OSTs, but never played one, so I'm curious too.

So, Suikoden 1 and 2, legit good? I might bite at least on that. I've been listening to Ys OSTs, but never played one, so I'm curious too.

Suikoden I and II are still very good games. Not the prettiest and they show their age, but still. Same with Ys, so you should get Oath in Felghana as well. They're so cheap, you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Tizoc

You basically play on a screen within a screen. It's especially annoying seeing as the main game uses the whole screen.

You can see what's it like in this YT vid.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpUqXIuHCSw

Edit: It's not just the black borders that are the unsused space, that gold-coloured artwork in the background is all wasted space too.

Err I think you're mistaken?
The game is not cropped, it is just played in it's original aspect ratio. There are options so that you can
1- Change the artwork of the borders
2- Stretch the size of the game with respect to aspect ratio, this way the game screen covers all of your handheld's screen vertically

The Boat

Suikoden I and II are still very good games. Not the prettiest and they show their age, but still. Same with Ys, so you should get Oath in Felghana as well. They're so cheap, you can't really go wrong with any of them.

Aaight, I'll do that :) I'll pick up Dracula X too, already finished SOTN and have Rondo on Wii, but I've been meaning to replay SOTN and being on a handheld will help. Thanks!

1er tigre

Not sure about dragons crown, its worth a playthrough but I'd personally wait for 15e or less..
And Tales of Xillia 2 definitely. I was in love with the first one but the second one is even better imo. It does re-use a lot of maps and enemies from the first one though so if you dont want to revisit the same world skip it.
Thanks for the help !

Rocky

Banned
Do you guys think the sale will come on the North American store? Getting jealous over here.

Forget the sale, I just want them to put the PSP versions of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy II on the North American store. Will that ever happen?

Valkyria

Banned
So many games, so little space left in my 64gb card. And my 80 gb Ps3 is not doing great either.

I don't want to buy more long RPGs, but with those prices... I have been doing the same for the last years, buy every RPG and never play them >_< .

Tizoc

So many games, so little space left in my 64gb card. And my 80 gb Ps3 is not doing great either.

I don't want to buy more long RPGs, but with those prices... I have been doing the same for the last years, buy every RPG and never play them >_< .

Take it from me mate, a day will come when you'll be glad you bought these long ass rpgs.
Just get what you want~

Top Bottom