• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

Re: using Jew as a derogatory term
Don't fans of some other Dutch teams to that with Ajax?

Yes, and the same song like in that video. But on the other hand, we call ourselves Jews so nobody cares :)

/Edit: of course you have some 'other teams' that do it in the wrong way. 'We're going on a jew hunt' or scanding 'hamas hamas, joden aan het gas' (gas the jews)

Mainly Feyenoord, Ado and Utrecht.

Jay Sosa

Yeah, but in a way, Uefa&Fifa needs to host tournaments in "smaller" countries for their image and to try to appeal new audiences

Lol. They host it in smaller countries cause they promised Blatter votes in exchange for WC. It's completely bonkers to play a WC in Quatar.

The FIFA is corrupt through and through. Doubt the UEFA is much better. At least they do a bit better job hiding it.

Germany posted this on Facebook, pretty cool if you wanted to see how the official list for the UEFA looks like:

kOPSR.jpg

Also the final shirt numbers for Germany, gonna order my Hummels shirt soon.

Gustav

Banned
The idea that they are using Jew and execrations about Jews in some kind of semantically disassociated way - as an historically neutral term of abuse - in Poland sickens and astounds me. No fucking chance.

What has Poland got to do with it?

Salazar

What has Poland got to do with it?

The idea of a word/insult being stripped of its historical associations becomes a lot harder to accept when a place has tremendously tragic history in a particular respect. Like Poland does.

Polish people have quite a lot of honourable history with respect to the holocaust, of course. But the "it's not anti-Semitism" - "it's just regular abuse" line carries virtually no weight.

Wessiej

When Ajax was founded, you needed to go through a jewish neigbourhood to get to the stadium. Other teams always said: we are going to the jews. Also we had a lot of jewish players. So we liked that and it stayed on and till this day we call ourselves that.

6355-478-329.jpg

Chuckie

They used to have relatively many Jewish supporters, plus (according to people from Amsterdam) you'd cross the Jewish area in Amsterdam if you went to the stadium.
Supporters would say: 'We're going to the Jews'.

The supporters took it as their name and this was the result:

3070281519_5ab83a4dbb.jpg

Edit: Beaten.,.... even with same pic haha. Fuck

Wessiej

They used to have relatively many Jewish supporters, plus (according to people from Amsterdam) you'd cross the Jewish area in Amsterdam if you went to the stadium.
Supporters would say: 'We're going to the Jews'.

The supporters took it as their name and this was the result:

3070281519_5ab83a4dbb.jpg

Edit: Beaten.,.... even with same pic haha. Fuck

are you me? Fucking same story :D

Wilbur

Banned
FootballGAF cares not for the skill of a player but rather how damn hot they are.

Last few days all we've talked about is fucking Llorente and inexplicably, Cavani.

Kenka

FootballGAF cares not for the skill of a player but rather how damn hot they are.

Last few days all we've talked about is fucking Llorente and inexplicably, Cavani.

Grab a World Map bro. Uruguay is not in our backyard. And the EURO is about to start. We didn't talk about Falcao lately either.

I am confident in my preference. Hummels is pretty badass, though.
Greek God (Llorente) and Sinful Beauty are both good choices, agreed.

Kem0sabe

Portugal had a very disappointing performance against Macedonia. Hope it´s just our usual pre tournament jitters, our friendlies are generaly poor but when it counts we play well enough.

Pretty excited to see us face Germany and the Netherlands, both attacking team should make for some open matches, on the contrary... Denmark will be parking several buses in front of goal. :(

Wilbur

Banned
Grab a World Map bro. Uruguay is not in our backyard. And the EURO is about to start. We didn't talk about Falcao lately either.

Greek God (Llorente) and Sinful Beauty are both good choices, agreed.

I said inexplicably! Although Falcao is hotter than Cavani.

Intensifier or verb, intensifier or verb.

What was this about Jagielka coming in for Barry ?

Well I think you're only allowed to replace players with those on the standby list, hence no like for like replacement.

Jay Sosa

Portugal had a very disappointing performance against Macedonia. Hope it´s just our usual pre tournament jitters, our friendlies are generaly poor but when it counts we play well enough.

Pretty excited to see us face Germany and the Netherlands, both attacking team should make for some open matches, on the contrary... Denmark will be parking several buses in front of goal. :(

I assume they're right in the middle of stamina drills. A lot of teams had some terrible performances.

bjaelke

That picture is freaking huge. Took me a few seconds to actually make out what it is.
I said inexplicably! Although Falcao is hotter than Cavani.
That's like saying Messi is a better footballer than Ronaldo. Doesn't really mean the latter is shit.

Kem0sabe

I assume they're right in the middle of stamina drills. A lot of teams had some terrible performances.

Regardless, the same problem as always, we lack a presence in front of goal, a natural born striker.

I have high hopes for Benfica´s up and coming Nelson Oliveira, he had an amazing sub-21 world cup and some good matches for Benfica this season, although hes not quite there yet.

Antioch

Sorta irrelevant but still interesting fun fact, since the 1994 FIFA WC, Germany have always played their quarter finals against whoever beat Mexico in the round of 16, except for one time when Germany themselves beat Mexico in the round of 16.

FIFA corruption confirmed.

Kem0sabe

Sorta irrelevant but still interesting fun fact, since the 1994 FIFA WC, Germany have always played their quarter finals against whoever beat Mexico in the round of 16, except for one time when Germany themselves beat Mexico in the round of 16.

FIFA corruption confirmed.

I have no doubt FIFA is corrupt from top to bottom. Same with UEFA, although i don´t think it goes as far as match fixing.

But those sponsorship, TV, merchandising deals? lining a lot of pockets.

Antioch

I have no doubt FIFA is corrupt from top to bottom. Same with UEFA, although i don´t think it goes as far as match fixing.

But those sponsorship, TV, merchandising deals? lining a lot of pockets.

That comment was really supposed to be in jest, I don't think there's any match fixing at World Cups either.

bjaelke

For sale: Belgian soccer fans for euro 2012. Second hand but mint condition. Not been used since Fifa World Cup 2002.

Once again we Belgians have no team to root for at the euro 2012 soccer championship. Since tournaments are much more fun when you have a favourite team, we decided to put our fandom for sale at ebay.
All profits will be sent directly to Unicef.

What is for sale:
During Euro 2012, all members of this facebookgroup:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/414750861890585/

will root for the national soccer team of the highest bidder, or the national team of his choice. Even if it's Holland. We will watch the games, wear the colours, possibly even buy the flag and learn the national anthem. Pictures and videos will be made and sent to the winning bidder to be posted on his or her website.
Slight hooliganism is available at extra cost. We can, for example, kick a pigeon or smoke in a non-smoking area if such pleases our master.

Once the team is eliminated, we will grieve for 24 hours and then put ourselves for sale again on ebay. Hopefully joined by the previous winner since he or she will also have become an orphaned soccer fan by then.
http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/ws/eBay...em=140760621053&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:BE:1123

KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom