• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Balzaretti is better than Criscito...this is good news for Italy... :D

Balzaretti is more dynamic though can be prone to the odd bad reading of the game...

Smeghead

Probable 23 man squad for Italy.

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain);

Defenders: Abate (Milan), Balzaretti (Palermo), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Maggio (Napoli), Ranocchia (Inter);

Midfielders: De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Milan), Thiago Motta (Paris St. Germain), Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus);

Forwards: Balotelli (Manchester City), Borini (Roma), Cassano (Milan), Di Natale (Udinese), Giovinco (Parma)

F#A#Oo

Banned

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Sirigu (Paris St. Germain);

Defenders: Abate (Milan), Balzaretti (Palermo), Barzagli (Juventus), Bonucci (Juventus), Chiellini (Juventus), Maggio (Napoli), Ranocchia (Inter);

Midfielders: De Rossi (Roma), Diamanti (Bologna), Giaccherini (Juventus), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Milan), Thiago Motta (Paris St. Germain), Nocerino (Milan), Pirlo (Juventus);

Forwards: Balotelli (Manchester City), Borini (Roma), Cassano (Milan), Di Natale (Udinese), Giovinco (Parma)

Ogbonna and Giaccherini are the most likely to be dropped...Destro and Di Natale are the only real goal-poachers in the side. Borini is the Iaquinta workhorse forward.

Pacbois

Who the hell is going to replace Blanc?

Arsenal-Arsene-Wenger-001.jpg

I fucking hope not

Jay Sosa

Aw hell yeah :D

italy squad looks very good, now that juve doesn't suck.

--------------buffon-----------------
-maggio-chielli-barzagli--balzaretti-
--------------pirlo--------------------
-----de rossi-------marchisio--------
-------------montolivo----------------
-------balotelli-------cassano-------

solid team. could win the tourney with some luck.

i would prefer giovinco or diamanti in montolivo's spot, but for some reason prandelli loves riccardo there. also i hope he keeps ogbonna and axes ranocchia or bonnuci.

F#A#Oo

Banned
italy squad looks very good, now that juve doesn't suck.

--------------buffon-----------------
-maggio-chielli-barzagli--balzaretti-
--------------pirlo--------------------
-----de rossi-------marchisio--------
-------------montolivo----------------
-------balotelli-------cassano-------

solid team. could win the tourney with some luck.

i would prefer giovinco or diamanti in montolivo's spot, but for some reason prandelli loves riccardo there.

You have Chiellini/Barzagli on the wrong side and Balotelli/Cassano also need swapping...

Thiago Motta is preferred over Marchisio too...

You have Chiellini/Barzagli on the wrong side and Balotelli/Cassano also need swapping...

Thiago Motta is preferred over Marchisio too...

wow, pretty nitpicky eh? does it really matter what side i put CBs on in a post on a message board?

besides, cassano plays on the left for us, so i assumed he would do the same for italy. also thiago motta is the scourge of all that is holy and good in the world and i refuse to put him into any formation. not that chiellini is any better, but at least he is a much better player.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Marchisio is so over-rated and very limited...so by default the scourge that is Motta is picked.

Maybe Marchisio has impressed Prandelli though who knows...

i was actually going to put nocerino there, but i don't think prandelli likes him. :/ LCM is his best position though, it would be perfect.

i agree that marchisio is overrated but i just feel that prandelli has a thing for him (same with motta i guess, i just hate marchisio less).

operon

Anyone watching this?

The fucking denial by the cop in the Ukraine was awful. The abuse from the stands was terrible.

Just finished watching it, just sickening absolutely sickening, using nazi salutes, the rascism the antisemitism, just so shocking and when the hell did the Celtic cross get associated with white power and rascism

F#A#Oo

Banned
Boring documentry...didn't exactly show or tell us anything we didn't already know.

Sol Campbells contribution was shit..."I wanna cry for them" really? :D

UEFA need to get a handle on this though...might occur during the Euro matches and if Balotelli reacts...oh boy!

Ganondorfo

a stupid question:

germany and netherlands when they for example qualify in the group, when will they meet again? In the semi finals or in the finals?

I wish I could buy you all tickets for the entire tournament but I think many of you would be booking flights back home after spending an afternoon with me moaning about how football is dead after watching England or some other team do a Chelsea

;D

Anyway, I want to buy a jersey but not sure of which one. I'm feeling the French home kit a lot though.

Edit: Wtf at those prices! :(

UK Gaf should watch BBC One tonight at 8.30PM. There's a documentary about the problems in Ukraine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18233736

It's fucking dreadful that countries that haven't sorted their shit out to this degree are allowed to hold international tournaments of this kind. If the government's advising Black and Asian people to not go, there's been a fuck up down the line.

This is just an aperitif for Russia 2018. :(

snoopen

fuck, those racism vids are vile.

agree with sol totally, why do these countries get the world cup when they can't protect anyone.

Feature

Banned
This will happen during EURO2012. Hopefully eufa finally grows balls and will not host any tournaments like this in racist filled countries like that.

I'm absolutely disgusted by this.

Absolutely. I'm hoping there won't be any major incidents. I thought the same about South Africa during the 2010 WC, but they got it together. This seems like a problem on a whole different level.

Side note: I NEED that Dutch flag! :D

I don't understand why one of the established footballing nations couldn't just host it. Germany 2006 WC was such a great success because the infrastructure was able to support such a large tournament, this tournament should have gone to one of England, Spain, Portugal or Italy. All countries which have got decent Stadia, decent road/rail infrastructure and a huge network of hotels, hostels and guesthouses which can accommodate a large number of travelling fans.

Pacbois

I don't understand why one of the established footballing nations couldn't just host it. Germany 2006 WC was such a great success because the infrastructure was able to support such a large tournament, this tournament should have gone to one of England, Spain, Portugal or Italy. All countries which have got decent Stadia, decent road/rail infrastructure and a huge network of hotels, hostels and guesthouses which can accommodate a large number of travelling fans.

Yeah, but in a way, Uefa&Fifa needs to host tournaments in "smaller" countries for their image and to try to appeal new audiences. The problem is just that despite their "Respect" campaigns and Zero-Tolerance policies, it's not enough. Police and Governements needed to start a huge crackdown on racism & violence on stadiums as soon as they get the organisation.

Pacbois

The French Squad was announced.

Goalkeepers : Carrasso, Lloris, Mandanda
Defenders : Clichy, Debuchy, Evra, Koscielny, Mexès, Rami, Réveillère
Midfielders : Cabaye, A. Diarra, Malouda, Martin, Matuidi, M'vila, Nasri
Forwards : Ben Arfa, Benzema, Giroud, Ménez, Ribéry, Valbuena

So Gourcuff and Yanga-Mbiwa are out

Chuckie

absolutely, and yet, I'm far from surprised. Polish immigrants in Holland take little effort to disguise their hate towards the Maroccan and Turkish population.

This reminds me of a sketch I saw on Dutch TV.

It were two Moroccan boys complaining about Polish immigrants. They were pissed that people hated and complained about Polish people now...that if you would apply for a job as a Maroccan, you now would actually get it.... that Wilders was only complaining about East-Europeans now.. while they were the ones who made the PVV big.

Salazar

The idea that they are using Jew and execrations about Jews in some kind of semantically disassociated way - as an historically neutral term of abuse - in Poland sickens and astounds me. No fucking chance.

Prandelli just confirmed Italy's team:
GKs: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli), Salvatore Sirigu (Paris Saint Germain)

Defenders: Ignazio Abate (Milan), Federico Balzaretti (Palermo), Andrea Barzagli (Juventus), Leonardo Bonucci (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Angelo Obinze Ogbonna (Torino)

Midfielders: Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Alessandro Diamanti (Bologna), Emanuele Giaccherini (Juventus), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Thiago Motta (Paris Saint Germain), Antonio Nocerino (Milan), Andrea Pirlo (Juventus)

Strikers: Mario Balotelli (Manchester City), Fabio Borini (Roma), Antonio Cassano (Milan), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Sebastian Giovinco (Parma)

Destro and Ranocchia will be our two reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom