• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

Holland lost against Bulgary, Germany lost against Switzerland. I am not impressed with the Dutch team in what I've seen in the last 2 games.

Blablurn

Just ordered my Germany shirt! :D

I ordered from World Soccer Shop and having it shipped to Canada, so I hope it won't take too long. The website said it takes 2-3 weeks LOL. Oh well, as long as I get it >:D

green or white?

man, it would be crazy if germany loses the first two games against netherlands and portugal. dont wanna know what would happen here then.

Holland lost against Bulgary, Germany lost against Switzerland. I am not impressed with the Dutch team in what I've seen in the last 2 games.
Holland were defeated by Bulgaria during the preparation for Euro 1988 and they went on to win the championship, so this proves that Holland will be crowned the champions this year.

keit4

Banned
Spain final squad:

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Valdés y Reina.
Defenders: Arbeloa, Juanfran, Ramos, Piqué, Albiol, Javi Martínez y Jordi Alba.
Midfield: Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Cazorla, Silva, Mata, Cesc, Pedro y Navas.
Strikers: Llorente, Torres y Negredo.

Negredo instead of Adrian? Albiol? Oh you Del Bosque...

green or white?

man, it would be crazy if germany loses the first two games against netherlands and portugal. dont wanna know what would happen here then.

no panic!

the entire team is in Monaco now for F1 and sponsors events. A perfect preparation for the tournament.

Desmond

Spain final squad:

Midfield: Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Cazorla, Silva, Mata, Cesc, Pedro y Navas.

Where's Soldado?

Hieberrr

green or white?

I got myself the white one. I went to local sports stores here in Toronto to check both out and thought both were really nice, but the white one was a little nicer to me. I can't wait!

Yeah, that would suck so hard. Part of me is concerned with the fact that a lot of these players haven't had time to practice and play together domestic leagues and CL going the full distance. Add to that Low's love for testing out lineups and players... kind of takes away time from the first team. I hope 2 weeks is enough time

France Iceland right now.

Thanks for the heads up :p

fra_2ifi2h.gif

loool_2oke0s.gif

Overdoziz

Banned
Netherlands 1 - 2 Bulgaria
Switzerland 5 - 3 Germany
Portugal 0 - 0 Macedonia
USA 5 - 1 Scotland
And now France being 2 down against Iceland.

lol

Munin

Netherlands 1 - 2 Bulgaria
Switzerland 5 - 3 Germany
Portugal 0 - 0 Macedonia
USA 5 - 1 Scotland
And now France being 2 down against Iceland.

lol

These are called "test matches" for a reason. Anyone who seriously thinks the performance in these matches is any indication of a team's actual tournament performance has no clue about football.

FootballFan

Spain final squad:

Pedro got in ?! Woooo ! those 2 Copa Del Rey final goals surely has something to do with it....but where is Soldado in all of this ?

Socreges

Banned
Spain final squad:

So who's going to start next to Piqué? Albiol? Martinez? Not much to choose from. Puyol will be sorely missed. The midfield is incredible as always.

Also surprised that Negredo was selected ahead of Soldado.

Pacbois

I really hope tonight's match will send a message to France's defense. That was not very good. Hopefully our attack was solid and midfield was pretty ok, and this was our 2nd GK so yeah, worrying but not catastrophic.

NHale

So who's going to start next to Piqué? Albiol? Martinez? Not much to choose from. Puyol will be sorely missed. The midfield is incredible as always

Sergio Ramos with Arbeloa as RB. That defense without Puyol is very weak unless Pique improves his form.

Socreges

Banned
Sergio Ramos with Arbeloa as RB. That defense without Puyol is very weak unless Pique improves his form.
Right, he's adapted... apparently... we'll see.

Switzerland didn't qualify for the Euro 12 or unless I missed something
The conversation was about how the exhibitions were meaningless. Switzerland beat Germany 5-3 so I made a joke about how they're now favourites (despite not being in the tournament).

Leonsito

Negredo and Pedro instead of Soldado and Adrian is a travesty, wtf Del Bosque.

Juanfran and Albiol was expected, Ramos will be CD with Pique.

NHale

Right, he's adapted... apparently... we'll see.

IRC Ramos was always a CB until Real Madrid put him at the right side of the defense. After the Carvalho injury, he played most of the year at CB so that will not be a problem. The problem is that he will not have Pepe to cover for his mistakes...

Fularu

Banned
ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Laurent Blanc c'est maintenant!

Vu qu'il ne sera pas sélectionneur après l'euro, j'en doute :p Sortie par la petite porte comme les dernières compétitions ;)

I'm rooting for France, as usual but we're going to be destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom