• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Wasn't he already off the pitch at that point? That's what... Like every damn footballer does when he leaves the pitch. Not that he isn't obviously frustrated.

From the body language he was obviously pissed at being subbed off, I don't know why anyone would try to deny it...

In a 3 way tie atop Group B with 6 points each this is how it looks.

First tiebreaker. They'd all have gotten 3 points from each other so we go to breaker #2.

Goal difference in games against teams tied.

Germany +1
Portugal +/-0
Denmark -1

So if Denmark beats Germany by 2. 2-0, 3-1...whatever.

Denmark +1
Portugal +/-0
Germany -1

Denmark and Portugal advance.

If Denmark beats Germany by 1...they're all even at +/-0 and we go to the third breaker.

Goals scored in games against those which are tied.
Portugal 3
Denmark 2
Germany 1

So if Germany loses they'd have to lose and score 2 goals in the process(4-2) to get tied with Portugal. Which I'd assume then they're head to head win would put them in ahead of them at this point but I'm not sure regarding that detail.

Denmark 4
Germany 3
Portugal 3

Next breaker after that if Germany's h2h win over Portugal isn't factored is GD in all group matches. They're currently +2 while Portugal is even.

Germany has a lot to play for still. They're not in even with a win today.

Grats Gemany but you're not in the QF yet no matter what the announcer says.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Man, the Dutch played like garbage, particularly in terms of defense.

Germany deserved the win. Played some sub-par football in the second half because of the 2-goal lead (and it cost them), but at least they played like they meant it in the first half.

Fry

Aaaaaaaand.. bow

icHPuWX0dO9qB.gif

People will keep calling him shit and he'll keep scoring.

From the body language he was obviously pissed at being subbed off, I don't know why anyone would try to deny it...

I didn't see him being a bitch to Marwijk or anything, yes he was pissed off, but it's hard to say if it was for being subbed or just disappointed in his own performance and that the dutch might be out of it now. Reactions like that are what you see from every damn player getting subbed who has done badly and who's team is losing.

But oh no, he took off his shirt when he got off the pitch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom