• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

Please tell us your third pick without looking.

Slovakia
jugg-2mask.gif

jts

...hate me...
Anyone left in that side of the bracket will be devastated when they don't reach the final, and 3 out of 4 won't.

Not even Wales are gonna be satisfied to have reached this far (either in quarter or semifinals). And curiously, they are the last group winners remaining in there.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Last time Wales played they won 1-0, Bale scored, Eden Hazard was captain of Belgium and didn't do shit.

Personally, I think Belgium will win but don't be so quick to write them off.

Yeah Wales has proven to be a tough opponent for Belgium. Courtois also said so himself in an itv post match: Wales will be more difficult. Of course they've just played their standout match of the tournament, so hopefully that gives them all the confidence they need. This match was a showcase.

Goddamn, our guys came out to play tonight. Beautiful match, from both sides. Hungary played really well.

Friday is gonna be interesting. We've beaten Wales before, but they've kicked our asses as well. Gonna be exciting to see who progresses.

If the match is as beautiful as this one, I'll be happy.

Furoba

Three clean sheets in four games. Curious how Wales Belgium will turn out. As long as Belgium passes around quickly and keeps the pace up they have a good chance at the finals. That right bracket though...

painey

so I have to decide tomorrow between getting a pizza in and day drinking at home tomorrow with my friend, or making the hour trip downtown to watch it on a big screen. Not sure what to do here. My wallet says stay in and go to the pub for the next round, my heart says we're getting knocked out so this is my only chance to see it outside.

Carbonox

Couldn't be prouder of the Hungarian team. One of the best teams in the tournament to watch and went for it. Just a shame their defence is utterly abysmal.

Cappa

Banned
Yeah, Hungary isn't really a good team. That defense.
These posts are infuriating for many reasons one is doing a complete disservice to Hungary.

Hungary gave up an early goal and were forced to push a high line much earlier than what they wanted making them vulnerable to counter attacks which is what precisely what happened but to discredit Hungary's defense which was anything but bad,is just ridiculous. Hazard was on another level and there isn't a defense in this world that would have stopped him last night.

Hungary are an amazing example of what a coach can do with a disciplined and tactically sound team. Belgiums issue all tournament is what was Hungary's biggest strength, team cohesion.

Last night was a positive shift for Belgium but they need to improve as a team if they need to rely on hazard every game they might be in trouble.

Klart

Couldn't be prouder of the Hungarian team. One of the best teams in the tournament to watch and went for it. Just a shame their defence is utterly abysmal.

Yes. they should be praised for their efforts. They tried to bring proper football each game instead of just parking the bus like a lot of teams on this tournament.

MrS

Banned
Carrasco's goal was so good. Nainggolan's pass was beautifully weighted.

Also, hoping Iceland get the win later coz fuck England

azyless

I'll be happy if Iceland wins but I'd also love for France to kick England out in the quarters. I'll just hope for a nice game I guess.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
messi bottling the copa is good news for poland. ronnie is going to be determined to show he can get it done, but will inevitably choke.

Looking forward to England v Iceland tonight. Was wondering if Iceland would feel more "comfortable" playing one of the home nations teams, as opposed to something a bit more continental?

Can see this match basically being Wales v N. Ireland pt. 2.... sadly.

blahbalbhablahbablalbablah

Did Gareth Bale shag your sister, or something?

Mascot

I'm English but will be cheering for Wales against Belgium. I always support the home nations in any sport, unless they are playing against England. I couldn't have been happier that we both qualified from the group stages and would love a Wales/England final.

*shrugs*

Osahi

The seismology centre in Uccle (near Brussels) has been putting out the curves they measured during the matches of Belgium. The last 3 goals of yesterday (and the end whistle) clearly show little quakes caused by fans jumping up and down.

Love this kind of stuff.

I would get a kick out of that, but on the other hand England getting kicked out by Germany is also a fun tradition.

As well is Germany getting kicked out by Italy ;) So I hope they beat Spain today.

And I swear if England lose to iceland , i'm done and going to support only the Womens national team, they perform a lot better.

As well is Germany getting kicked out by Italy ;) So I hope they beat Spain today.
We will break that curse ;) Of course it won't be easy since their defence is still very strong. On German TV Kahn summarized it nicely "the ball was almost never in our half and I had nothing to do. Then we always lost. I hope we get Italy because we still have a score to settle"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom