• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

Even as a Germany fan I support France over them. I have a weak spot for that country and that article is great overall. Hype is slowly coming. I just hope we see a tournament like 2006 in Germany, where people just had fun.

Cappa

Banned
The last WC was pretty fun, felt like all the group games had 3+ goals in them.
Um this is the euro cup.

Spain is absolute shit. Del bosque needs to go. We are heading for another embarrassing showing at a tournament.

We will miss players like alcacer, Saul, javi Martinez etc. What a disaster of a team.

T-Rex.

Banned
Even as a Germany fan I support France over them. I have a weak spot for that country and that article is great overall. Hype is slowly coming. I just hope we see a tournament like 2006 in Germany, where people just had fun.

Um this is the euro cup.
I know. I was just saying the atmosphere + matches in the last international tournament were really good as well.

El Topo

I heard it and sure it's bullshit what Benz says. After what he is supposed to have done, no coach would have called him to the team. Without him and Ribery, the squad might have a chance to focus until the end.

I feel like Ribery was a bit of a scapegoat regarding the 2010 WC. Then again, France have good players on that position, so they don't really need him.

Jack cw

I feel like Ribery was a bit of a scapegoat regarding the 2010 WC. Then again, France have good players on that position, so they don't really need him.

Anelka was the problem. The "traitor" inside the team, Ribery battling Gourcuff, Evra talking shit and dealing it gettho style... The whole team got infected by those shitty dog fights. But those 3 stood out.

Something different:
The nomination of Tah makes Germany the "youngest" squad in the tournament, followed by England, Swiss and Belgium.

T-Rex.

Banned
My money's on France as well.
Dunno on top scorer, feels like there's always one player who smashes it unexpectedly.

MrS

Banned
France ain't winning shit with that back 4 brehs.

I wonder why Rabiot didn't get called up.

Peru

R-207481-1213720098.jpeg.jpg

Topscorer?

It is probably going to be Muller or this could become the tournament of Martial.

Not sure if you're joking here....I'm going for Benzema :)

Now you are joking. Benzema has been banned from the Euro's 2016 by the France national team due to his blackmail scandal.

And all of them will not make it past the group stage.

I don't think we'll get much further but I reckon England will get out of the group stage and I think Northern Ireland have a small chance as well. I'd be very surprised if the Republic got out of their group.

I don't think we'll get much further but I reckon England will get out of the group stage and I think Northern Ireland have a small chance as well. I'd be very surprised if the Republic got out of their group.

For England I sincerely hope they make it through the group stage and even reach the quarter finals.

It is one of those teams that have the bloody talent yet the talent seem to refuse to play ball.

Ok, WalesFootyGAF, what are our chances of doing well? Fat, Slim or No? :)
I'll be digging out the old flag regardless, especially for our dicking by the Saes next week.

There's always hope(until Bale and Ramsey get injured). We got this far, and there's a chance we could get a win and a couple of draws in the group games.

There's always hope(until Bale and Ramsey get injured). We got this far, and there's a chance we could get a win and a couple of draws in the group games.

Thanks for the replies, all. It seems the Welsh are a little more confident than i expected which is awesome. I drew Wales out of a hat in the office Euro Sweepstakes so that's £2 i'll never see again :D ... or will i? ;)

PatjuhR

Thanks for the replies, all. It seems the Welsh are a little more confident than i expected which is awesome. I drew Wales out of a hat in the office Euro Sweepstakes so that's £2 i'll never see again :D ... or will i? ;)

There were also people who wasted money on Leicester. Never give up the dream.

Griss

Two things are killing my hype for this. The first is the ludicrous expansion to 24 teams. It should be 16 or 32. Either or. Having a group of 4 teams only to eliminate 1 is just ridiculous.

The second is that I'll be on super-long flights for two of Ireland's games :(
No avoiding it, my best childhood friend is getting married in Africa and since I'm in the Caribbean and must go through Europe I've got about two days of travel to get there and two days to get back.

Oh well. Anyway I fancy Germany or France to win. I think England could do quite well, too. I'll be surprised if Ireland get more than one point but I live in hope.

Lego Boss

For England I sincerely hope they make it through the group stage and even reach the quarter finals.

It is one of those teams that have the bloody talent yet the talent seem to refuse to play ball.

I reckon Leo the Lion is odds-on to be our new manager after our inevitable early and embarrassing exit.

Jal

A whole week without football (except an England Womens demolition of the mighty Serbia) is killing me, come on Friday already.

MrS

Banned
I paid £3 for Romania :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom