• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT| Take a bow sson

Status
Not open for further replies.

spekkeh

Banned
I'm also boringly going for France and Griezmann. Though I don't think I ever predicted the top scorer right.

Heck let's go crazy and say CR7, they won't go far but they're in an easy group. That way I'm not jinxing Griezmann for the rest of you.

Coffinhal

France has so many potential scorers (Griezmann, Giroud, Payet, Martial, Coman, in the middle field Pogba, Matuidi), I don't think they'll get the top scorer. Giroud should be the n°1 of the team because of where he plays in the 4-3-3 though.

Can't wait to see the opening game Friday night

Croyles

No Reus and no Gündogan again. Those two just have no luck.

I don't think Germany will win it unfortunately: too many squad changes and qualifying was a mixed bag.

But we did beat Italy 4-1 in a friendly.

Jack cw

No Reus and no Gündogan again. Those two just have no luck.

I don't think Germany will win it unfortunately: too many squad changes and qualifying was a mixed bag.

But we did beat Italy 4-1 in a friendly.

Germany looked bad before WC 2014 too.
We won WC without Gündogan and Reus, so the real problem is the right full back position Lahm left. If Kimmich performs it might work, but Germany has by far the best overall squad. Spain, France and England are decent, but not on all positions. They are favourite, but France has the home advantage.

comedian

Just found out that i agreed to go to the Hampton Court Philharmonic concert on Saturday that starts at 20:30. The tickets are gifts from (Russian!) Friends that bought the tickets over a month ago. I can't back out, so looks I'm going to hide and watch the match in the toilets.

Firemind

Germany looked bad before WC 2014 too.
We won WC without Gündogan and Reus, so the real problem is the right full back position Lahm left. If Kimmich performs it might work, but Germany has by far the best overall squad. Spain, France and England are decent, but not on all positions. They are favourite, but France has the home advantage.
What are France's weak positions?

FDC1

The back 4 are woeful, especially Mangala and Sagna. Giroud if he plays. Deschamps isn't a good coach.

Mangala won't play. The back 4 is Evra-Koscielny-Rami-Sagna. It's still bad anyway. Remember when we had the best defense in the world? Lizarazu-Blanc-Desailly-Thuram, we never lost a match with these 4, good times.

Giroud is in good shape. He scored 7 goals in his 7 last appearances for France.

Jack cw

Evra and Sagna as full backs is a massive saftey risk, once it comes to wingers with pace. The line of 4 in the back is truly a bottleneck.

Guys, any UK channels doing any sort of lead up show? You know the type, qualification stories for each team and loads of highlights and goals, the like.

Didn't know we had the OT for the Euro 2016.

I'll be rooting for Italy, as I will always do. That said, I don't have much hope in what is probably the worst squad Italy has had in years. I'm just hoping we don't crash out of the group stage again.

Also are putting country flag on our avatar's like in the World Cup?

T-Rex.

Banned
Didn't know we had the OT for the Euro 2016.

I'll be rooting for Italy, as I will always do. That said, I don't have much hope in what is probably the worst squad Italy has had in years. I'm just hoping we don't crash out of the group stage again.

Also are putting country flag on our avatar's like in the World Cup?
I love you guys ever since I had Italy in the 2006 pool at secondary school so I hope you do well.

Tried desperately to swap for Netherlands before the tournament started tho lmao

Number45

Guys, any UK channels doing any sort of lead up show? You know the type, qualification stories for each team and loads of highlights and goals, the like.
BBC had an opener last night although I'm not sure how much it covered. The opening 5-10 minutes was all England/Wales/Northern Ireland.

Meier

Evra and Sagna as full backs is a massive saftey risk, once it comes to wingers with pace. The line of 4 in the back is truly a bottleneck.

Sagna was excellent for City this season -- one of our best players really. He's still able to run fairly well with fast wingers as well. I think he's easily still one of the strongest RBs in the entire tournament.

jm89

I don't know how an increase to 24 teams is a bad thing? More teams get a chance to play and more games for us viewers.

Syder

So, Sweden's chances? I just drew them in the office sweepstake.
KJxX3ba.gif

Courage

I'm going with Portugal winning it. Santos' defensive mentality along with their propensity to clinically finish with Ronaldo can win them the big games.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Euro 96 should've been England's tournament. Everything was there and then Southgate misses. I hope he choked on that pizza.

Coffinhal

Defence. Their keeper is good, their midfield is great, their attack superb. As always, attack wins you games, defence wins you cups. That is why I rate Germany and Spain a bit better overall.

We don't really know what it is worth right now. We France took 2 goals against Cameroun, it was our first game without Varane, Rami made mistakes. Against Scotland we weren't able to test it, their team was very weak.

Kanté is able to help though now that he works has a "6".

I don't understand the hate against Evra and Sagna, they are pretty solid and have lots of experience for that kind of competition.

But Deschamps counts on the attack to compensate if there are failures in the defense and on the midfield — or even attack, like Payet against Scotland — to help the defence if things get dangerous.

Do you guys think Payet will start for France? They have some fierce options on the offence.

Yes, he's in good shape and is a master at free kicks. Martial and Coman can replace him or Griezmann at the end of a game if necessary, or at the beginning of a game if it is less important and Payet needs to rest.

Sucks that Schweinsteiger is there and he is still captain.

Khedira and Kroos together is maybe the best central midfield in the world right now.

la_briola

Sucks that Schweinsteiger is there and he is still captain.

Khedira and Kroos together is maybe the best central midfield in the world right now.

Did you see how Schweinsteiger moves? Hes broken, there is no way he will play.

The WC broke him, but it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom