• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kill3r7

Unless Iceland somehow beats both France and Italy/Germany, I don't see Portugal having a snowball's chance in hell.

France has shown nothing so far. Arguably they have played worse than Croatia or Poland. I will give you Germany but I think they will lose to Italy tomorrow.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
I admit I did not watch the 1st half, just the complete 2nd half. Wales was definitely parking the bus for 45 minutes.

No they were not. Sorry to be blunt but that's just nonsense.

"Parking the bus" is a phrase that has now lost all meaning.

Guys please don't talk about anti-football if you don't know what' s a simple zonal mark with two lines. Even Guardiola defends like that after he's unable to recover the ball. It has nothing to do with anti football.

Positional defense play is extremely effective against teams who lack agility and that are unable to put pressure on the ball, which is almost every football team that is playing this game for almost 12 months straight. Which is why it works so great in this tournament.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
No they were not. Sorry to be blunt but that's just nonsense.

"Parking the bus" is a phrase that has now lost all meaning.
If you want to see someone park the bus watch Belgium post the first goal, after several shots in goal before they litterally stopped shooting afterwards

Fuser

More total attempts and shots on target and 48% ball possession is now "anti-football". This fucking thread man...
To be fair it was only one person.

Really enjoyed the game and well done Wales, amazing effort and showing us English how it's done. Brilliant team effort.

Wales Iceland final would be the best thing.

GHG

Gold Member
Well done Wales.

Ramsey will be a big miss vs Portugal though. Andy King to step in?

Carl2291

To be fair all of the goalscorers for Wales today were born in England.

Which begs the question why the fuck they weren't selected to play for England.
Because they haven't been poached by top 6 premium teams.

Even the best English players don't get picked unless they play for certain teams. FA is clueless, Welsh FA isn't.

MrS

Banned
Congratulations WalesGAF!!! Awesome performance and definitely worth your place in the SF. There's no reason why you can't reach the final either. Hope you can do it!

Wow, what a result. Great work lads and just the pick me up i needed this week!
Just wish i was out in town back home in Cardiff. I bet the atmosphere is electric.

Kiraly

Because they haven't been poached by top 6 premium teams.

Even the best English players don't get picked unless they play for certain teams. FA is clueless, Welsh FA isn't.

Let's be realistic, Robson-Kanu scored just three goals in 28 matches last season for Reading. Him and Vokes both play in the Championship. They are nothing special.

jts

...hate me...
1x1 against Iceland
0x0 against Austria
3x3 against Hungary
1x0 against Croatia on ET's last minute
0x0 against Poland

Yep, fantastic EURO

Group stage was freaky, but Portugal was superior in every single game.

I get what you’re saying for someone who’s just been seeing the scores but not the actual games. Portugal missed penalties, had disallowed goals, balls on the woodwork, conceded 2 huge deflection goals in mere minutes, etc.

And no it was not 0x0 vs Poland.

Carl2291

Let's be realistic, Robson-Kanu scored just three goals in 28 matches last season for Reading. Him and Vokes both play in the Championship. They are nothing special.
They're proud to put on that Welsh top though, they'll put 110% effort in.

Look at the effort put in by those players and compare it to the likes of Raheem Sterling.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Absolutely over the moon for Wales.

Can't see them beating the likes of Germany & Italy though

Hedrush

The scenes at the end where fantastic. At the Cardiff fanzone there was beer getting thrown in the air when the third goal went in. Everyone must be drenched but they won't care. To the pub!!

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Congratulations Wales! That was a quality performance.

Start dreaming about the final now. Why the hell not. I would (I'm Scottish and jealous).

please wilmots fuck off to the deepest bowels of hell

i'm at a loss of words for what i've seen today with possibly the worst substitution ever made in the existence of mankind

i just can't

I actually live in Reading and we were wondering why the hell he wasn't able to do a spin like that for us.

But yeah, a lot of the Welsh team are perfectly fine players, but get squeezed out of the English selection process - Wales were fine picking them up though, and are currently reaping the benefits.

To be fair all of the goalscorers for Wales today were born in England.

Which begs the question why the fuck they weren't selected to play for England.

When williams started playing for Wales he was in league one, there was no way for england to predict what he would turn into

I don't about Keanu or Vokes, but I assume it's a similar story

Carl2291

13511012_1034872109936842_102003436372711604_n.jpg

Fruitster

Lineker - an amazing achievement in British football.

Oh fuck off. It's welsh football.

Damn straight. Can't stand the whole winning = British thing. I know England is pretty shit when it comes to most sport, but the way our press and pundits try and claim some sort of victory for Scottish or Welsh successes is pretty poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom