• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2016 |OT2| Portugal eurowns France + Moths to become champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa97

Not the greatest was it. I really thought this would have been a cracking match. So disappointed so far and it's only going to get more tighter in the second half.

A cracking match with the two best defenses in the World ?

People. Wake up. The match is super tight. It doesn't mean it's boring.

casiopao

All depends on whether Italy average forward is able to break Boateng there. The other Germany seems shakey here.

Italy defender stamina is also going to get test here. Hnghhh finally such intense game.^~^

Mimosa97

I don't know if people commenting on how the game is boring are americans who never watch football or just clueless Euro fans.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
germany should replace boateng with someone whose name begins with an H, özil with someone whose name begins with K, and replace muller with götze. that way all defenders would be Hs, midfielders Ks (before Khedira was injured) and the strikers would be two Mario Gs. can't beat that synergy.

Different aspects of football appeal to different people. Not everyone has an appreciation for the high level passing, techniques and tactics on display here.

It's going to come down to which team makes the first big mistake. Though the way we've missed chances in past games doesn't fill me with confidence even if we get an opportunity.

"high level passing"? Did you see Italy's offensive passing? I think they had one good offensive pass that led to a chance. Germany isn't even trying to defend that hard. Maybe I can agree on tactics, but the only reason why some people think this has been a good game is because they know that both Germany and Italy are capable of more so there's some tension. But if this were 2 crappy teams playing exactly the same game you would turn off the TV.

I don't know if people commenting on how the game is boring are americans who never watch football or just clueless Euro fans.

Look, I went to this Euro. I do give a shit. But there was literally nothing happening for 40 minutes. It is boring.

KKRT00

Tactically this game is very intense and interesting.

Yep. Its way better than Poland vs Portugal (and i liked first half a lot actually) . The sense of accuracy they have with passes and positioning makes it really enjoyable to watch...at least for me :)
The game is way faster, due to passes being handled almost instantly from one side to another one. I like it a lot.

germany should replace boateng with someone whose name begins with an H, özil with someone whose name begins with K, and replace muller with götze. that way all defenders would be Hs, midfielders Ks (before Khedira was injured) and the strikers would be two Mario Gs. can't beat that synergy.

Sounds well thought trough

Ledbetter

As someone mentioned it on Twitter: If you care about tactics, you think this is an intense match; if you care about the emotions, you're bored.

Arkanius

I'm laughing at all the people that called Portugal boring and now say this is tactical.

Maybe it's time to recognize that football is more than shooting at the goal.

Hedrush

A cracking match with the two best defenses in the World ?

People. Wake up. The match is super tight. It doesn't mean it's boring.

On paper it had the potential to be a really really good game. I'm neutral and a huge football fan and I'm just finding it all rather rubbish. Yes, they are both great teams and whoever wins will likely go on to win the tournament but they're creating no excitement for me at the moment.

I guess you see this every EC with more casual players also joining in the fun.

Not 10 shots and at least one goal == shitgame.

Soccer is more than that though!

Mimosa97

On paper it had the potential to be a really really good game. I'm neutral and a huge football fan and I'm just finding it all rather rubbish. Yes, they are both great teams and whoever wins will likely go on to win the tournament but they're creating no excitement for me at the moment.

Fair enough.

I guess you see this every EC with more casual players also joining in the fun.

Not 10 shots and at least one goal == shitgame.

Soccer is more than that though!

I don't give a shit about number of shots. The issue with this game that both teams are playing not to loose. Nobody is trying to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom