• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro Truck Sim 2 |OT| - it's like Elite, but in a big rig and in Europe

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Everytime I try to listen to the internet radio stations the game freezes and becomes unresponsive.

I have to drive everywhere with only the rumbling sound of the engine and tires on the road.

Whenever its a dead link it does that. Just keep looking til you find a working radio station. I like listening to dumb polish dubstep while I drive.

brentech

This is what happens when I enable that mod...

...why does it do that?!

Was just about to post that one of the mods has changed my earning ability dramatically =\
But I can't disable it without my file getting messed up and setting me back

Luckily the game autosaves pretty frequently. I only enabled the mod this morning and had one run with it. Not only did it lower my earnings potential, but it also lowered my level. I disabled the mod and went back to my last autosave and my experience level went from 11, back to 13 where it should have been.

Physics and Realistic Company seem to work without any issue.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Luckily the game autosaves pretty frequently. I only enabled the mod this morning and had one run with it. Not only did it lower my earnings potential, but it also lowered my level. I disabled the mod and went back to my last autosave and my experience level went from 11, back to 13 where it should have been.

Physics and Realistic Company seem to work without any issue.

So is it the Realistic Trailers Mod that is cutting wages down like that?

Also Holy Crap, looking at some of those jobs in the first pic they pay quite handsomely! Of course, they also look like they are very far in distance too.

Double D

Also Holy Crap, looking at some of those jobs in the first pic they pay quite handsomely! Of course, they also look like they are very far in distance too.

That's what I said. My biggest offer so far has been in the 12,000 range. I'm only level 9 though.

brentech

Yea. As soon as I disabled that and reverted to a past save everything returned to normal.

I still use:
Realistic Companies
Realistic Physics
SweetFX

Should note that realistic companies also provides trailers anyways, so I'm happy with this setup.

Mengy

I'm lv24 so that's probably the reason.

Nah I'm level 26 and I don't see pay like that. But I'm pretty sure it's because you have the map pack installed which allows for some really long distance runs. I mean Manchester to Cairo is no short distance!

I've added a warning to the OP with regard to that trailer mod. I may end up just removing it altogether or finding a different trailer mod to put there.

brentech

I'd remove it. I don't want someone to get screwed. Luckily I only made one run in hopes it would fix itself, but it did not.

Milamber

This is what happens when I enable that mod...

...why does it do that?!

Well, holy crap! Thanks for catching that. I really should look deeper into the games earnings instead of just the aesthetic look of it. These german mod boards are completely unhelpful for any info in english.

And why the FFFF does a skin mod affect earnings in the first place!?

Under "Options", go to "Control" and set your acceleration and brake over there. Also choose the "keyboard + 360 controller" on top as your control method.

I was trying to set the triggers as throttle and reverse, and then the bumpers for shifting. But I actually enjoy the automatic right now. There's still a lot I need to learn about rolling a semi; like using retarders, and the different braking.

Gigarator

Nah I'm level 26 and I don't see pay like that. But I'm pretty sure it's because you have the map pack installed which allows for some really long distance runs. I mean Manchester to Cairo is no short distance!

I've added a warning to the OP with regard to that trailer mod. I may end up just removing it altogether or finding a different trailer mod to put there.

Yeah you're right actually, I took a job offering something like £120,000 and the distance to travel is about 1,700 miles... I'm about 500 miles from my destination now though! Hell of a run.

psycrage

Neo Member
How are people setting up G27's?

Really not sure what to do with all the buttons

I have the H-Shifter set up

and just a few buttons on the wheel

Left Blinker - Right Blinker
Look Left - Look Right
Headlights - Pause

And nothing on the extra shifter buttons. I've only got a little over an hour in.

Gigarator

That was an experience, definitely won't be doing many jobs that extreme in future.
kSuAACC.jpg

brentech

Hrm, maybe I'll reinstall afterburner and just not overclock.
Just not a fan of FRAPS.

My short time with afterburner overclocking made for a much improved bench score for my 660, but it was unstable when actually playing games.

For those who are having issues with Trailer Pack messing up the in-game economy, it is because you installed the "extended version."

Make sure to download the "basic version": http://ets2.freevar.com/download

Or!!!

Download Project Realism which contains most of the stuff in a single, simple to use installer: http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3277

PSA: Please link directly to the Author of these mods, instead of link it through some janky/shady mod site. The Author(s) and us will appreciate it more.

(Edit) If you want the "realistic fuel price" mod to work with the Steam version, you have to add the game directory location to your registry prior to installing the mod pack or else the installer will not copy the needed files in the game directory.

http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3277&start=50#p24496

DukeBobby

Earned - £2750
Fined - £2750

Every. Damn. Job.

I still have no idea how to park properly either. I just get frustrated and give up.

Man, this game. So addictive.

When you install the map pack, does the world just become a lot more dense? Do you find yourself constantly using on ramps and exits? I'd like more areas to explore for sure but I do appreciate having long stretches of open road too.

I just wanted to ask this again because I'm considering installing the map mod.

Watevaman

Speaking of speeding, is there a mod or something that allows you to see the speed limit of the current section of road? I'm all for realism, but being based in London, I'm used to miles per hour and going into Europe and having to convert in my head doesn't end very well. I also can't read the signs a lot of times because I'm pretty far from my screen thanks to my wheel. I want to keep the realism of speed cameras, but if I can't see the speed limit I might just get the mod that makes the fines 0.

brentech

I regret calling my company Cuntflaps Industries.
When starting the game, instead of hitting continue select "edit", you can change your name, company name, truck of choice, and icon.

You can also do it already inside the game if you select Profile on the right side.

jyoung188

how is the Microsoft xbox steering wheel with this? I can get one for under $50 so I'm tempted.

It works, I guess its better than a controller, but its not great. No force feedback, microsoft never released drivers for force feedback on pc and stopped supporting the wheel at all, and what resistance is on the wheel makes steering awkward and more difficult than it should be. And I don't know if its because my wheel's been out of commission for years in my garage or what, but my brake pedal is fucked and I have to turn the dead zone slider up almost half way otherwise the brakes are constantly on. Not enough buttons for this game in my opinion and no clutch or stick shift. I'd pay a little more and just get a better supported pc wheel.

I regret calling my company Cuntflaps Industries.

lol

I just wanted to ask this again because I'm considering installing the map mod.

I just installed it and played for an hour, and didn't notice a difference -- it seems to mostly add new areas to the south of the existing map, the existing area looks pretty untouched. If you want open road, it looks like there are some huge stretches in the new Africa section, which I'm excited to try out.

OrangeOak

how is the Microsoft xbox steering wheel with this? I can get one for under $50 so I'm tempted.

There are no official (and unofficial from what I know) drivers for MS wheel for PC so there is no force feedback in games which is really important IMO.Just a heads up.

EDIT:Sorry I didn't noticed jyoung188s post :(

statham

It works, I guess its better than a controller, but its not great. No force feedback, microsoft never released drivers for force feedback on pc and stopped supporting the wheel at all, and what resistance is on the wheel makes steering awkward and more difficult than it should be. And I don't know if its because my wheel's been out of commission for years in my garage or what, but my brake pedal is fucked and I have to turn the dead zone slider up almost half way otherwise the brakes are constantly on. Not enough buttons for this game in my opinion and no clutch or stick shift. I'd pay a little more and just get a better supported pc wheel.

lol

There are no official (and unofficial from what I know) drivers for MS wheel for PC so there is no force feedback in games which is really important IMO.Just a heads up.

EDIT:Sorry I didn't noticed jyoung188s post :(
Thanks, I'll wait until I can afford a better wheel.

Mengy

I just installed it and played for an hour, and didn't notice a difference -- it seems to mostly add new areas to the south of the existing map, the existing area looks pretty untouched. If you want open road, it looks like there are some huge stretches in the new Africa section, which I'm excited to try out.

I just installed the map mod and played for two hours or so, went south to Graz, a new city. Feels both great and weird driving in unfamiliar territory again, LOL.

One thing I did notice after installing the map mod though is that all of my drivers are now making much more money. I'm guessing it's because they are driving longer runs now, but WOW. My five garages are raking in enough dough to buy a fully geared out five bay garage every couple days now, irregardless of how much I make personally.

Thanks that's what I was hoping to hear!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I was stopped at a stoplight at the top of a hill and when I tried to start back up I didn't have enough power and slowly slid down and crashed into some cars :(

Sye d'Burns

I just installed the map mod and played for two hours or so, went south to Graz, a new city. Feels both great and weird driving in unfamiliar territory again, LOL.

One thing I did notice after installing the map mod though is that all of my drivers are now making much more money. I'm guessing it's because they are driving longer runs now, but WOW. My five garages are raking in enough dough to buy a fully geared out five bay garage every couple days now, irregardless of how much I make personally.

I installed the map mod and I'm hesitant to play it for just the reason you mention. It seems like it will just be too easy to be rolling in dough and it wasn't that hard to begin with.

Maybe I should throw on that mod, mentioned earlier, that cuts payments .

I was stopped at a stoplight at the top of a hill and when I tried to start back up I didn't have enough power and slowly slid down and crashed into some cars :(

I was picking up an oversized load from a construction site / quarry sort of place and, for a minute, I was afraid I was going to have to call roadside assistance because I just could not get up that final hill. Eventually, I managed to catch it at just the right angle to inch my way up.

I seriously find myself thinking about this game a lot today. What a fucking fun game. I can't believe it. It looks fantastic with SweetFX as well. I just can't believe I'm so into a simulator like this. Maybe it's scratching at my life long dream of being a long haul, coast to coast trucker.

When this happens to me, I put on the parking brake, put the gear into N and rev the engine a little to get some power. Then let go of the parking brake, and quickly switch gears into 1.

Kind of like driving a real car actually.

Hilti92

Started up the game today and realized I didn't put the parking break in when I pulled over before I quit. Came to a truck rolling down a hill, off, in the pitch black night. Also had my first engine failure. Cool game. Backing in isn't much of a problem if you don't over think it.

Started up the game today and realized I didn't put the parking break in when I pulled over before I quit. Came to a truck rolling down a hill, off, in the pitch black night. Also had my first engine failure. Cool game. Backing in isn't much of a problem if you don't over think it.

Haha great image of that. I have yet to hit night time. Or rain.

I can't do the backing in effectively. It takes me forever and I wonder if that affects your reward.

Mengy

I installed the map mod and I'm hesitant to play it for just the reason you mention. It seems like it will just be too easy to be rolling in dough and it wasn't that hard to begin with.

Maybe I should throw on that mod, mentioned earlier, that cuts payments .

Yeah, a more "realistic" earnings mod might make the game more challenging long term, but I think for now I'm just going to enjoy the money and buy a whole crap load of trucks. And, instead of having money being a goal in the game, I think my new goal is to deliver jobs to every city in the game, and to drive on every road in the game. In other words, I want a map that is 100% explored!

And with the TSM map mod, that's a lot of map. I was at 70% explored, now after installing TSM Map I'm sitting back down at 32%.

statham

my two hires are making decent money now, glad I didn't fire them. And I wanted a quick drive so I picked a job that was short but paid good, 90% all uphill going 30 mph/kpm :/

Top Bottom