• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro Truck Sim 2 |OT| - it's like Elite, but in a big rig and in Europe

brentech

How does saving work on longer trips? I unlocked some of the trips to Africa from London and one is 40 hours long but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it in one sitting.

can save anywhere. but if you happen to be able to park and stop, it's nicer.

if you save in the middle of the road, when you reload the game, you'll be stopped in the middle of the road

AxeMan

Do I actually need both files of that map mod?

I extracted the first one a it installed a whole load more cities.
The second one has the same name and is the same size

Do I actually need both files of that map mod?

I extracted the first one a it installed a whole load more cities.
The second one has the same name and is the same size

It's a multipart RAR, when you extract the first one it'll extract the data from both.

Gvaz

Banned
Other than the european mod thing, is there anything worth getting for mods for this game?

Not getting the "realism" mods

I'm having issues with my wired 360 controller. Every time I start the game, the controller won't work until I exit the game, unplug it and plug it backin and then start the game.

Kind of annoying not sure why it's happening.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm having issues with my wired 360 controller. Every time I start the game, the controller won't work until I exit the game, unplug it and plug it backin and then start the game.

Kind of annoying not sure why it's happening.

Try this out.

Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Right Click Xbox 360 controller > Game Controller Settings > Advanced > Set as your preferred device > Apply

Let me know if this helps.

Gigarator

If anybody is still interested in the Realistic trailers pack I've found out why we were getting our delivery prices slashed. There are 2 versions of the mod, "basic" & "extended". Well the link we all followed must have been for the extended versions because the basic version leaves out the tinkering and just gives you the trailer skins.

So give this version a try, it should work nicely.

Cth

Add me to the list of people who ended up buying a wheel as a result of this game :D

Although, to be fair, I found a force feedback Logitech Momo Racing Force Feedback Wheel with pedals for $10 at the local Goodwill.

Watevaman

I did an 80 hour (including rests) trip this morning from Calais to that island to what I'm assuming was Crete. It was fun as hell.

This is probably a stupid question because I'm probably the only person dealing with it. I bought this stand for my wheel months ago:

For the most part it works perfectly for my wheel. The one problem is, I play on a hardwood floor and out of the box there is nothing keeping it from just sliding (that foot on the back is hard rubber, almost like plastic and does nothing). Now my solution has been to use non-skid bumpers that I bought, which absolutely do the trick, except the adhesive can't take the force over more than a few hours and the pull off. I just took 2 of the used pads that pulled off and sanded the back smooth and applied them to the bottom with super glue. The adhesion seems stronger but I'm not full convinced it will hold long term.

I think a perfect solution would be some kind of non-skid tape that I could apply across the entire length of each side but I have yet to find something like that. Has anyone else solved this problem?

I'm sure no one cares but I wanted to do a update on this post. The superglue has held up incredibly well. I have 6 antiskid pads attached to the bottom of the stand with superglue now and none have budged. With the stock adhesive they wouldn't all stay attached through a single hour or 2 session.

brentech

I'm sure no one cares but I wanted to do a update on this post. The superglue has held up incredibly well. I have 6 antiskid pads attached to the bottom of the stand with superglue now and none have budged. With the stock adhesive they wouldn't all stay attached through a single hour or 2 session.
I don't think I saw that original post, but when I first bought my wheel stand for GT5 I had the same issue, and I was just on short berber carpet. Same deal, the stuff I put on fell off and I just used superglue to keep them. Simple solutions work great.

Gvaz

Banned
Took out two loans to have just enough to buy my custom first truck. Learned that the only way to get drivers other than you is to upgrade your garage for 230k euros or something absurd.

Welp. Time to drive this baby around and get some cash back to pay off my 250k loan.

*gets to 35% damage first run, costing 35k when the run i just did only paid about 22k*

*does another run that should have paid about 22k, i somehow had 8k in damages to the towed Flour*

*sigh*

And there's no quick travel? christ.

brentech

Took out two loans to have just enough to buy my custom first truck. Learned that the only way to get drivers other than you is to upgrade your garage for 230k euros or something absurd.

Welp. Time to drive this baby around and get some cash back to pay off my 250k loan.

*gets to 35% damage first run, costing 35k when the run i just did only paid about 22k*

*does another run that should have paid about 22k, i somehow had 8k in damages to the towed Flour*

*sigh*

And there's no quick travel? christ.
The damage 'to the flour', is likely to the trailer.

Buying an expensive first truck is a bit of a mistake for the reasons you list. Unless you don't care about running a company, it's hard to get off the ground like that.

The large loan early on is best served purchasing garage space, 2 trucks, and 2 drivers. And if you do 500k in loan, you can get yourself a truck as well, base model with maybe a better engine.
There is only quick travel to your owned garages.

dejay

Banned
I totalled my truck the other day, playing a game I like to call overtaking on blind corners. It cost me $150k in repairs. Good times.

I have over 30 drivers now so money has ceased to be a concern - I can basically seed new garages and buy trucks for them at will. To top that I fast travelled from Tripoli at one end of the map to London; apparently you get paid for the days you are travelling and I got paid over $1.5million. If I fast travelled between these sites a few times I'd be able to get insane amounts of money.

I'm not sure if I'm going to start again or just muck around now and then with this save. I enjoyed the 45 hours Steam says I've played the game (not much of that has been idling) but I'm not sure I can get much more out of it. 45 hours is a lot of game for me so I'm not complaining about the value it's given me. I'll probably come back to it once a week and just do a long run - I want to level up more, I'm only at 21.

I wish the management aspect of the game was deeper, because without that the game is just about staying between the white lines and not fucking up. I drive 100km a day and have probably driven something like half a million km so far in my life - it's something I don't really need to escape to, but rather something I need to escape from. It's probably why I enjoy driving fast in the game and being reckless - it's an escape from my daily commute. There's a lot of potential for management gameplay - if they release a ETS3 or a USTS game I hope it's one of the things they concentrate on more.

Double D

Finally installed the TSM map pack over the weekend. I had no idea it would be this expansive. I haven't looked into exactly what it does aside from adding new areas, but did they tweak the existing world as well? Maybe it's because I'm travelling to new areas, but I'm seeing a much more varied vibrant landscapes and locations. I drove by a truck dealership that had one of those blow up dancing guy things. Shit was awesome.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
With TSM, is the "TSM Map 3.5 Fix - Kennzeichen - fixed sign" download required/what does it do?

Sye d'Burns

I totalled my truck the other day, playing a game I like to call overtaking on blind corners. It cost me $150k in repairs. Good times.

I have over 30 drivers now so money has ceased to be a concern - I can basically seed new garages and buy trucks for them at will. To top that I fast travelled from Tripoli at one end of the map to London; apparently you get paid for the days you are travelling and I got paid over $1.5million. If I fast travelled between these sites a few times I'd be able to get insane amounts of money.

I'm not sure if I'm going to start again or just muck around now and then with this save. I enjoyed the 45 hours Steam says I've played the game (not much of that has been idling) but I'm not sure I can get much more out of it. 45 hours is a lot of game for me so I'm not complaining about the value it's given me. I'll probably come back to it once a week and just do a long run - I want to level up more, I'm only at 21.

I wish the management aspect of the game was deeper, because without that the game is just about staying between the white lines and not fucking up. I drive 100km a day and have probably driven something like half a million km so far in my life - it's something I don't really need to escape to, but rather something I need to escape from. It's probably why I enjoy driving fast in the game and being reckless - it's an escape from my daily commute. There's a lot of potential for management gameplay - if they release a ETS3 or a USTS game I hope it's one of the things they concentrate on more.

I could definitely go along with a deeper management system.

I just crossed 76 hours played last night and I haven't accrued nearly the business you have. I've held off playing the expanded map and stuck with vanilla. those super-long hauls must really pile on the XP. I'm only level 25 with those additional 30 hours on the clock.

I have three garages (Bern, Manchester and Berlin) with six drivers. Up until now, I've been expanding very slowly. I bought my first truck and garage (boy, I wish I had known that upgrading your own garage was the same cost as buying a new one. Bern is a pretty lousy home base compared to Geneva or Zurich.) without taking a loan. Then, with about 100k in the bank, I borrowed 200k and bought two trucks and hired two drivers. I paid those two loans off in three or four days. Since then, it's been cash only for me.

I've reached a point where I could start expanding fairly rapidly and I've been putting artificial barriers up to prevent this. With my two initial drivers, I leveled them up quite far in Bern. When I opened Manchester, I transferred one of my drivers there, as if to run the place. The other opened up the Berlin garage. I decided to consider expanding further once I've got a leveled up team of drivers to put out there.

I think, honestly, that I'd burn out fairly quickly if I could just quick travel and earn enough during the black screen to buy a fleet of top of the line vehicles. Were I in your shoes, I would start over rather than continue playing in a conquered world. You summed up my reasoning in your final paragraph. Were you actually this titan of transport, would you continue to drive if you didn't need to?

---

Edit: I'm sitting on around 400k now and I'm sorely tempted to buy a top of the line Scania (possibly open to another make) to sit next to the Volvo in Bern. What are people driving? What's your favorite vehicle, gaffers?

Oneironaut

Neo Member

I've got full two garages, and I'm already approaching this situation. I'm playing with the realistic trailer mod which significantly slows down income. I would definitely start a new character after reaching that point where you've already won the game.

Sye d'Burns

I've got full two garages, and I'm already approaching this situation. I'm playing with the realistic trailer mod which significantly slows down income. I would definitely start a new character after reaching that point where you've already won the game.

The same boat, we're in it! I'm seriously considering adding that realistic trailers mod.

Do I have to start a new game if I install mods?

It depends on the mod. You needn't start a new game with the TSM map pack but there are others where you may need to. Either way, I'd back up my save before delving into mods.

This game has made me go crazy, I absolutely love it, I finally finished setting everything up and im pretty happy with the results

iW5Cnrhei2hes.gif

Im using FaceTrackNoIr recommended by someone earlier in this thread, its cool but pretty innacurate, so I had to turn almost all the sensors off, just left, the depth and yaw sensors, had to set them up at a pretty low sensitivity too, so it doesnt go crazy.

Im still struggling to make money in the game though, seems pretty slow, already took a 500k loan but repaying it is taking forever making 13k per job, thats all I get offered oh well.

At least the trips have been epic, im enjoying this game A LOT.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
This game has made me go crazy, I absolutely love it, I finally finished setting everything up and im pretty happy with the results

iW5Cnrhei2hes.gif

Im using FaceTrackNoIr recommended by someone earlier in this thread, its cool but pretty innacurate, so I had to turn almost all the sensors off, just left, the depth and yaw sensors, had to set them up at a pretty low sensitivity too, so it doesnt go crazy.

Im still struggling to make money in the game though, seems pretty slow, already took a 500k loan but repaying it is taking forever making 13k per job, thats all I get offered oh well.

Ahhhh man the lag on that seems heinous.

Irminsul

Quick question: Just equipped my measly truck with some nice lights on top to blind everyone who gets on my nerves (like the cars behind me ramming me in Tunisia because I was a bit slow on the hills). How do I activate them? It's not in the normal light cycle, it's not the light horn, it's not the round light (or whatever that's called in English).

Am I missing something?

Korezo

iW5Cnrhei2hes.gif

What size are those monitors?

Double D

Quick question: Just equipped my measly truck with some nice lights on top to blind everyone who gets on my nerves (like the cars behind me ramming me in Tunisia because I was a bit slow on the hills). How do I activate them? It's not in the normal light cycle, it's not the light horn, it's not the round light (or whatever that's called in English).

Am I missing something?

I'd like to know this as well. I just bought all of the lights and can't figure out how to turn them on. Got my beacon going though.

Double D

In the main menu there is a section for your trucks, the Icon is a Truck Seat and called adjustments or something

Ok, I know the menu you're talking about. I'll have to dive into it later.

In other news, there is a G27 that was just delivered at my house to me. Waiting.

brentech

Oh, wonderful. I can't wait to see how bright these bad boys are.

just a note, I've only noticed a difference in my lit surroundings by the auxiliary lights if my high beams are on as well. Otherwise, you'll just notice they're on if you look at them from the external view, but they don't seem to provide any extra light on the road or anything without the high beams activated.

Gvaz

Banned
I don't know about europe but around 6pm here is when you turn them on, but if you have high beams on when you're facing traffic at any point, you're just an asshole.

You also don't get ticketed if it's kind of still bright out.

cbox

God dammit, I traveled from germany to the UK ( i think ) and I got 3 tickets for wrong way offenses, haha I suck.

Addnan

Has this been posted? Edit: this is old lol.

Euro Truck going multiplayer
http://blog.scssoft.com/2013/06/world-of-trucks.html
Today we would like to present you with a microscopic glimpse into what we hinted earlier - our long standing devotion to Euro Truck Simulator 2 evolution.

World of Trucks's ultimate goal is creating an environment where you - our community - can meet, interact and compete with each other in the expansive trucking world.

Shortly after the next patch we intend to release yet another game update, which is currently in deep testing. This update will enable some new features in the game, slightly extending its functionality.

This is only a very early stage of a whole new beginning. We'd go as far as calling it - an early alpha of WoTr. Please bear with us, keep your expectations modest, but positively stretched, for a very long journey into the World of Trucks.

Stay tuned for more!

edit: its old. No idea why it popped up on my news feed. Hmm. Interesting anyway

Top Bottom