• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer Expo 2013 is this month! - September 26th-29th

Spookie

finalday.jpg

It's that time of year again (again?)! Where we all go from reasonable human beings to insatiable reprobates running on sugar, fast food and more games than we can get our grubby hands on! Thread is a little earlier than last year so I can make accommodation for any changes which need to be made (still waiting on Dev Sessions- though they should be next week, as well as the games available for the PS4.) and it's one less thing to worry about as I get closer to the time. This would also be the thread for things like working out anything you need such a place to stay because of last minute cancellations.

Map: http://goo.gl/maps/2aNXO
Travel: It's London so it's not really an issue but the closest is Earls Court Station (over the road) and West Brompton which is an over ground station should you need it.
Date: 26th to 29th September
Tickets: Little more expensive this year: £10-£15, A couple are left for Thursday afternoon. Things are getting more sparse each year so be sure to buy early!

what.jpg

Update (20/09): FLOOR PLAN!
Update (05/09): Nintys showing below and XBOX ONE with launch titles
Update (13/09): Mario Kart 8, Final Fantasy XIII, The Sims 4 and Dying Light added.

The guys at Eurogamer have managed to one up themselves this year netting the UK premier of the Playstation 4! There were queues of 1hr 30 minutes at 10:01am Friday morning last year for the Wii U so expect queues to be longer! Rezzed has expanded again this year to a record 18 games so far- hopefully it's much bigger so we can get more folks in. Indie Games Arcade & Retro zones are as back as usual with some well hidden gems in there no doubt. Much like last year hiding the Klei big hit Don't Starve.

Games announced so far include:

505 Games:
Payday 2

Activision:
TBA - Probably CoD, EG Expo Twitter accidentally dropped the title CoD: Ghosts. That and it draws huge crowds each year.

Bethesda Softworks:
Wolfenstein: The New Order
The Elder Scrolls Online

EA:
Need for Speed Rivals
Battlefield 4
FIFA 14
The Sims 4

Konami:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
PES 2014

Microsoft:
Xbox One
Forza Motorsport 5
Ryse: Son of Rome
Killer Instinct
Kinect Sports Rivals
Project Spark
Dead Rising 3 (theatre demo- NOT SHOW FLOOR)
Titanfall? Probably.

Namco Bandai:
Dark Souls 2

Nintendo (WiiU):
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World
Super Mario 3D World
The Wonderful 101

Nintendo (3DS):
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y
Sonic Lost World

Sony:
It's the fucking Playstation 4. But no news on games yet oddly enough.

Square Enix
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII 

Ubisoft:
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot
The Crew
Rocksmith
Might & Magic: Duel of Champions

Warner Bros
Dying Light
Batman: Arkham Origins (Gaffer Phandy works for Splash Dmg who are doing the MP- Show him some love!)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Infinite Crisis

As I'm sure you're aware there are a few big name publishers missing from this list. So more to come no doubt.

Rezzed- Highlights include this year:

Frozen Endzone
Mode 7 Games

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Devolver Digital

Shadow Warrior
Devolver Digital

Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Big Robot

Stronghold: Crusader 2
Firefly Studios

The Chaos Engine
Mastertronic

The Room Two
Fireproof Games

devsess.jpg

Not as good as last year it appears. :(

Thursday 26th September
12pm - Phil Harrison's exclusive Xbox One presentation
1pm - Forza Motorsport 5 (Dan Greenawalt from Turn 10)
2pm - PS4 Indie: Velocity 2X (FuturLab)
3pm - Killzone: Shadow Fall (Guerrilla Games)
4pm - Guild Wars 2 New Content (ArenaNet)
5pm - The Evil Within (Bethesda Softworks/Tango Gameworks)

Friday 27th September
12pm - Tearaway (Media Molecule)
1pm - Beyond: Two Souls (David Cage from Quantic Dream)
2pm - Dying Light (Techland)
3pm - FIFA 14 Next-Gen (EA Sports)
4pm - DriveClub (Evolution Studios)
5pm - Outside Xbox Live Show

Saturday 28th September
12pm - The Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)
1pm - Watch_Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal)
2pm - Batman: Arkham Origins (WB Montreal)
3pm - PS4 Indie: Resogun (Housemarque)
4pm - LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games)
5pm - Need for Speed: Rivals (EA Ghost Studio)

Sunday 29th September
12pm - Project Godus (Peter Molyneux from 22cans)
1pm - Thief (Eidos Montreal)
2pm - Murdered: Soul Suspect (Airtight Games)
3pm - The future of Ouya (Julie Uhrman)
4pm - PS3 Indie: Wasteland Kings (Rami Ismail from Vlambeer)
5pm - Eurogamer Indie Podcast (developers and writers from Eurogamer.net)

meets.jpg

After last years shit show due to my phone dying almost immediately then refusing to get a signal in London I promised the guys I'd put a little more effort in this year. First things first though:

***Wagamamas - Friday Night. 7:30pm. Earls Court Road. The prequel to the UK GAF meet up on Saturday.***

But other than that, like last year I'll leave that to everyones discretion. I know guys/gals are coming with friends, partners and family and might not want to meet up. Rather than attempt to give solid times for days which didn't work out very well, we can use the hash tag system (#GAFEG13 for those with images turned off). It's less traffic heavy than using GAF all the time and you can prompt your phone to alert you on updates.

Edit (05/09): Brit GAF meet up on Sat if you fancy it too!

gafeg13.jpg

As a general rule of thumb most of us will be queuing about 9am for the 10am entrance and using Pizza Express on the Thursday for lunch. Beyond that please use the hashtag to keep in contact, ask for help, report anything cool you see (keep the 'GIRL IN BOOTY SHORTS AT BATTLEFIELD 4 BOOTH' down to a minimum please) and general bullshittery.

tips.jpg

If you're a first timer and have any questions feel free to ask. As a general rule of thumb: please watch your hygiene. I know most of you are upstanding folk but: Alcohol gel and deodorant are a must. It's not much but we can all do our part and set a good standard for those uncivilized bastards (eg Lirlond/Mike :E). It also helps make sure you don't fall foul to the EG post pox.

As for other tips:
- Bring a bag with water in, you're in a hot room and will become dehydrated. It also gives you a place to put all the lewt you'll be given.
- Prepare for dev sessions. Queues can be long for more popular folks, plan your time accordingly so you don't miss out.
- Don't hog games. We're all exciting to see things and some PR peeps might be too kind to usher you on but please be considerate to your fellow gamer.
- Remember to charge your phone and if you can bring a spare battery.
- Keep valuables close. There was some unsavory folks last year taking anything that isn't bolted down. So if you do have to put your bag down keep it between your legs.
- Enjoy yourself. The queues normally aren't so bad, so take your time to see things and watch out for ickle gamers who might be running about on the weekend.

high.jpg

numbers.jpg

Here is an link to an album to some of my photos from last year. I'm sure a number of other folks (Tom for certain) have a few they might want to share as well as rekindle a good few memories from last year.

Spookie

Any gafers there im there the thursday and friday early bird tickets :)

I imagine there will be plenty of us this year. I made it clear to (iam)Mike(side) last year he needs to get there of a Thursday at 10 when it's quieter so we can get more done! This seems crucial now since on Friday, last year, when I got through the doors at 10am I made a run for the WiiU booth and the queue was already a hour and 30 minutes! :/

Stuart444

I'm there on thursday and friday with my fiancee. This year however, we will be traveling on Wednesday morning instead of Wednesday night from Scotland so I'll be far more awake on Thursday than last year. :D

Looking forward to it. Might meet up with some folks. (though the reception in the place will probably be terrible for my phone like last year :( )

Certinty

Might get a ticket to Thursday as I finish classes early, but then waiting a few hours just to play a PS4? Nah.

As per the last two years, I'll be there with my fiance, Stuart444.

Going to make sure we plan out what we want to do accordingly so we don't mess out on anything (like Wii U or freebie like OnLive).

Stuart444

As per the last two years, I'll be there with my fiance, Stuart444.

Going to make sure we plan out what we want to do accordingly so we don't mess out on anything (like Wii U or freebie like OnLive).

Early entry and the WiiU line was so big from the get-go.

Hoping for more game announcements this week,

Tizoc

I don't see SEGA.
Doesn't SEGA like Europe?
Where's SEGA, are they gonna make a surprise appearance?

Audioboxer

Good planning, I'll be there the whole weekend with my GF. Wagamamas sounds good, love some chinese/Japanese food.

I have a superpass, so early entry all 4 days.

vercity82

It was a killer last year i hope all the next gen stuff they do bring plenty of units to demo games but you just never know.Im gonna be in the Q from early this year.

Paz

Quick question for anyone who went last year, what was the indie game arcade actually like?

My game is in the arcade this year and I'm just curious :) I'm also considering flying over from Australia to be there in person, but that's a huge cost that that so I'm weighing all the pro's & cons. I saw some screenshots of what I think was last years arcade and it didn't seem like the creators would'v had much of an opportunity to interact with gamers or network even if they were there in person.

vercity82

Indie arcade had all the old school machines hooked up free to play spreading from the early days to the generation before the current gen was hardly any Q so its a nice area to chill and relax and enjoy :)

Stuart444

Also the Wagamamas on friday night sounds good if we can find the place haha. Would be a nice way to cap off our two days at Eurogamer.

Spookie

Quick question for anyone who went last year, what was the indie game arcade actually like?

My game is in the arcade this year and I'm just curious :) I'm also considering flying over from Australia to be there in person, but that's a huge cost that that so I'm weighing all the pro's & cons. I saw some screenshots of what I think was last years arcade and it didn't seem like the creators would'v had much of an opportunity to interact with gamers or network even if they were there in person.

Cramped. :(

The rezzed area left for plenty of space and the introversion guys reported their pre-orders went through the roof shortly after their showing. But unless they give amount of space to the indie area this year it's going to be like being stuck in an oven.

Also the Wagamamas on friday night sounds good if we can find the place haha. Would be a nice way to cap off our two days at Eurogamer.

It's like 4 minutes away, we discovered it last year and it was fairly empty till later on. When all these middle class London families looked bemused at all these northern monkeys shouting loudly and wearing gaming t-shirts. :D

No Titanfall = no fucks given

Well unless they are going to have half as many games as last year. I imagine there is still a lot to announce... Just checked. They didn't announce anything MS related till about a week before the show last year.

Stuart444

It's like 4 minutes away, we discovered it last year and it was fairly empty till later on. When all these middle class London families looked bemused at all these northern monkeys shouting loudly and wearing gaming t-shirts. :D

Oooh, that's quite close. We were even talking about looking to see if there was a Wagamamas close by while we were there so hearing this is good news for us anyway :) thanks.

Muppety

I've not missed a single expo since it began and I didn't intend to change that, so I've had my super pass booked since March :)

Indie arcade had all the old school machines hooked up free to play spreading from the early days to the generation before the current gen was hardly any Q so its a nice area to chill and relax and enjoy :)

I thought that was Replay retro arcade? The indie arcade was a sort of tunnel area.

I'll be there Thursday, Friday. Gonna be milling about the careers fair mostly though. Would be fun to meet anyone from dev-GAF as well :D

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Here's hoping they don't screw up the entry for any of the developer panels like they did with Hideo Kojima's talk last year. Given that so little is announced so far, I don't like that Eurogamer put up all their tickets to sell out so far in advance.

Baleoce

Nintendo announces line-up for Eurogamer Expo

Wii U games playable on Nintendo's stand:

Bayonetta 2
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World
Super Mario 3D World
The Wonderful 101

3DS titles playable at the show:

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y
Sonic Lost World

Games playable in Nintendo's special Indie Zone:

Coaster Crazy Deluxe (Wii U)
Knytt Underground (Wii U)
Putty Squad (3DS)
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut (Wii U)
Retro City Rampage (3DS)
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails (Wii U)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS)
SteamWorld Dig (3DS)
Tengami (Wii U)

I'm a bit salty that there's no Mario Kart 8 presence, considering there was even a demo build at E3 back in June. They must be making considerable changes if they don't have the confidence to bring a demo build to one of the IPs biggest markets.

Carl

I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday. Also, I'll be at the afterparty. Feel free to give me a shot if you spot me :p I'll more than likely completely forget about a meet up time, and signal is always shite in there

If you really want to meet me you should probably tweet me @poowitheyes

edgefusion

How early should I arrive for the 11am queue on Friday? I want to get in early as possible to meet up with some friends who got the 10am entrance.

Stuart444

How early should I arrive for the 11am queue on Friday? I want to get in early as possible to meet up with some friends who got the 10am entrance.

Early if you want to be near the front.

Last year, during our overnight journey to London, we got to Earl's Court train station about 7:30ish and some people were starting to line-up. I think by 8:30 - 9, there was a good amount of people in both queues.

polychron

I'm curious as well, never really gone to this sort of thing before and want to try and avoid bad queues as much as possible...

Stuart444

I'm curious as well, never really gone to this sort of thing before and want to try and avoid bad queues as much as possible...

You'll either be waiting there for quite a while (if you get there early to be near the front) or you'll be near the back of the queue.

As I said, it gets busy quick.

I know this is a really long shout but I completely missed the sales of the tickets cause I thought I was going to Gamescom but missed out because of illness. So if anyone who has any kind of ticket and is not going who would be up for selling could you PM me please? Thanks if anyone has one!

Stuart444

I know this is a really long shout but I completely missed the sales of the tickets cause I thought I was going to Gamescom but missed out because of illness. So if anyone who has any kind of ticket and is not going who would be up for selling could you PM me please? Thanks if anyone has one!

Try the Eurogamer forums, they usually have a thread for people selling tickets. (think I saw the EGExpo twitter mention it a few days ago as well)

edit: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-05-xbox-one-and-games-playable-at-eurogamer-expo-2013

Visitors to the show will be able to check out a bunch of games from the launch line-up, going hands-on with Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, Killer Instinct, Kinect Sports Rivals and Project Spark. A theatre demo of Dead Rising 3 will also be available for attendees.

Not only that, but Microsoft corporate vice president Phil Harrison will present an exclusive Xbox One presentation, kicking off the Eurogamer Expo developer session schedule at 12pm BST on Thursday 26th September. The session will also be streamed online on the Eurogamer YouTube channel.

Mikeside

Try the Eurogamer forums, they usually have a thread for people selling tickets. (think I saw the EGExpo twitter mention it a few days ago as well)

Just had a look and someone was selling a Super pass or whatever it is called for £200 :/ I think I might just leave it :lol If anyone is willing to part with a ticket for face value I would be very grateful!

Jrs3000

Top Bottom