• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Nintendo Switch to get Pokémon Sun and Moon third version: Pokemon Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

13ruce

Banned
Yeah journalists should think about what companies want!

WHAT?!

Sun and moon are gonna still sell anyway so will Pokemon Star. This is very positive news for the Switch, even if it sligthly hurts 3DS sales.

I always buy first and third versions anyway. Love to notice the improvements and small gameplay tweaks/remixes and ofcourse better postgame content.

Bamboo 竹;224886471 said:
People talking about how "predictable" is this leak are talking without knowing the fact that Game Freak is known for taking its time to jump into a new generation and if that trend would continue probably the third version would be for the 3DS.

Less production costs and a safer install base is really tempting so changing this trend is a risky move for them. I wonder if Nintendo money hated them.

Also, first main Pokémon game on a home console after 20 years.

This isnt by any aspect a predictable move, guys.
It's "predictable" in that it's an obvious slam dunk. People have wanted to play pokemon on a "home console" for years. It will get people hyped as fuck when they announce it.

Them actually going through with it is not predictable at all because game freak are never ever predictable

J@hranimo

Banned
I get the feeling this might be one of Nintendo's big holiday titles next year, so I don't think it'd be a total waste to buy Sun or Moon (or both?) right now.

Yeah, this is the strength of this hybrid concept. It could also mean certain games like Zelda aren't just saved for holiday since it's one piece of hardware they can spread big releases out on.

While I am sure there are people who waited for the "third version" throughout the generation, I wonder how many of these supposed preorder-cancellers didn't play R/B, G/S, R/S, or D/P because they were waiting for Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Last Nintendo systems I played/owned were Wii and GBA....Switch is gonna be awesome!

Galang

Banned
Yeah I always believed some form of mainline game would hit Switch in the first year since the first rumour. Seems too good an opportunity to pass up. Definitely skipping sun and moon for now

Soundslike

Neo Member
Even if they are making a version for switch, it will probably come out next holiday. Are you willing to wait for it?

You know, they are making another fifa, another cod, battlefield next year.....

Edit: Hopefully they will show stars version in january.

Switch is going to be a Nintendo renaissance.

Even if they are making a version for switch, it will probably come out next holiday. Are you willing to wait for it?

You know, they are making another fifa, another cod, battlefield next year.....

I sold my 3ds, so yes I'm willing to wait ;)

DNAbro

99% sure this is the box Legendary for Stars. It's already officially revealed so
necrozma.jpg

Pineapple

Holy shit.

Nintendo really isn't messing around this cycle.

A Super Mario game as a launch title similar to 64/Sunshine, Skyrim Remastered, Zelda: BotW, MK8.5, Mario x Rabbids RPG, Splatoon port (enhanced), all within the first 6 or so months of the Switch's launch.

And now add in Pokemon Stars?

If there is a Switch SKU priced at $250 or lower, the Switch will sell at PS4 like numbers. If all of these games do actually come out as rumored, would it be the greatest lineup of games any console has had just ~6 months from release?

Everyone in the Sun Moon thread was hoping for a third version on 3DS down the line and now that one for a better console nobody owns is confirmed it's "preorder cancelled" lol

Neoxon

It's understandable if you don't already own a 3DS. Why spend close to $200/€200 when you can just wait and get the better shinnier version next year?
In my case, my 3DS XL has seen better days, so I was gonna get the $100 n3DS on Black Friday to play Sun/Moon. Now I won't have to worry about that.

LordKano

Most people wouldn't want to wait a year for a game that they really want to play and is launching now on a platform they own. Most people will double dip.

There's no way I am waiting one year to play the most hyped game of the year. I'll double dip.

Neoxon

Genius.

They can sell you Wii U and 3DS games again with full price.
Third versions of Pokémon games aren't exactly a new concept. Plus these are enhanced ports. You didn't expect Game Freak to have Gen 8 ready a year after Sun/Moon, right? Likewise for Smash 4 a year after they just wrapped up DLC for the Wii U/3DS versions.

Predictions

Necrozma
will get a new form
New Alolan forms(
ekans line? caterpie line?
Few new towns
National dex
Catch other legendaries
Battle frontier ;_;

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's understandable if you don't already own a 3DS. Why spend close to $200/€200 when you can just wait and get the better shinnier version next year?

Buying a 3ds now when you know Switch is coming out next March wasn't anyhow the best idea even before this info came out.

SCB3

wow this is massive! I was expecting the releases post sun and moon to be on switch, but this one next year is a treat

J4g3r

Wouldn't be surprised if they're working on a version of Monster Hunter Generations for the Switch too.

They're definitely merging their two markets together, soon there won't be much point in owning a 3DS if you have a Switch.

Ydelnae

99% sure this is the box Legendary for Stars. It's already officially revealed so
necrozma.jpg

I can see it fusing with Solgaleo/Lunaala in the third version, sort of like Kyurem. Its body seem to be made from parts of a dragon armor, so I would expect some armor digievolution shenanigans with these three in Stars.

Predictions

Necrozma
will get a new form
New Alolan forms(
ekans line? caterpie line?
Few new towns
National dex
Catch other legendaries
Battle frontier ;_;
Alolan Ekans 😭
I know it'd just be Poison/Dark but I can dream for Grass/Fairy or some shit.

I doubt we'll get a National dex.

zoukka

Third versions of Pokémon games aren't exactly a new concept. Plus these are enhanced ports. You didn't expect Game Freak to have Gen 8 ready a year after Sun/Moon, right? Likewise for Smash 4 a year after they just wrapped up DLC for the Wii U/3DS versions.

No I didn't expect any of those.

And no, none of that affects what I stated.

KAL2006

Banned
Like I said before I wish this was a 3rd version to both Sun and Moon and X and Y. Have both regions in one game.

Pokémon Z
Pokémon Stars

Combine them and call it
Pokémon StarZ

Linkark07

Banned
I will probably bite, just for have a mainline Pokemon game in HD and in a TV.

Who knows, they might even include more than one region now.

It is an impossible dream, Gamefreak will never do that again.

MechaX

I dunno about cancelling pre-orders or anything, especially since this version comes out almost a full year later.

This announcement did make me reconsider trying to kill myself getting a $99 n3DS on Black Friday, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom