• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Swedish rail defeating armies - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanboi

Banned
VnXONi4.png

GAME TIME IS:

WEDNESDAYS 21:30 - 23:00 CEST

SUNDAYS 21:00 - 23:00 CEST

GAME PASSWORD QUOTE TO SEE:

WHO PLAY WHO

Code:
CloudWolf	Brandenburg
Colkate		Muscovy
Crab		Aragon
FACE		Timurids
fanboi		Ottoman
Haly		The Hansa
Kabouter	Colonial Nation (start in observe mode)
KingSnake	Scotland
Manik		Sweden
Mgoblue201	Burgundy
mleugie		Poland
Morfeo		Vijayanagar
Toma		Mamluks
Valhelm		Portugal
ZZMitch 	Venice
mkenyon		Bavaria

pKKwPlP.png

RULES

1. No Kills
Player nations may not be annexed, only vassalized. If it would cost less than 100% war-score to vassalize another player, provinces may no longer be demanded from them.

2. Restricted Exploits
Players may not sell provinces to another player unless the latter has the ability to core that province or already has a core on that province, and has discovered it. Players may not make other players protectorates. Players may not move their capital to an overseas province.

3. Justified Demands
Players may not demand provinces from another player or player’s subject unless they are cores, claims, same culture-group, colonial, same religion-group held by a heathen, same religion held by a heretic, or are otherwise subject to war goal modifiers on aggressive expansion, cost or prestige.

4. Complete Negotiation
Any players involved in a player vs. player war (any war in which both war-leaders are players) must tick the "Allow leader to negotiate" box.

5. Total Concession
In a player vs. player war, the losing side may agree by consent from all participants on the losing side to offer total concession to the winner. If they do, the winning side must name by consent from all participants on the winning side demands which would sum to less than 100% war-score [this may not be precisely possible, if for example the winning side names a province which he has not yet sieged fully and thus does not know the war-score for. Reasonable approximations are accepted], and which have a diplomatic point cost affordable to the winning side. If those demands can be met, they must be met immediately, and the winning side must accept immediately. Alliances and coalitions may not declare separate wars to circumvent this 100% cap.

6. Dictated Concession
In a player vs. player war, if the winning side maximizes the war-goal war-score bonus at +25%, or has a total war-score of +50%, they may dictate by consent demands which would sum to less than the current war-score and may currently be met, and which have a diplomatic cost they can afford. These demands must be met immediately.

7. Limited Alliance
Players may not have more than guarantee, ally, or be guaranteed by more than 1 other player nation prior to 1500, 2 other prior to 1600, or 3 others prior to 1750. A coalition may not have more than 3 player nations prior to 1500, 4 player nations prior to 1600, or 5 player nations prior to 1750.

8. The Sakoku Edict (or: Why Kabouter Got His Tag)
crabhelmet: Players may not declare war on other players whose nation they are capable of forcing to become a protectorate, unless that nation is involved in any sort of diplomatic relationship with a third-party player nation.

GAME SETTINGS

Normal Difficulty
No Bonuses
Historical Lucky Nations
Dynamic Province Names On
Locked Ledger
Only Host Can Save
Editable Save

USED DLC:S

Conquest of Paradise
Wealth of Nations
Res Publica
Sword and Crescent
Purple Phoenix.

SERVER INFO (quote to see):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Previous sessions
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668353

Kabouter

Never played with that option before, does it totally disable the ledger?

Yes, it does, which is somewhat unfortunate, but it does eliminate the in essence perfect espionage players had access to with regard to troop numbers, manpower, income and so on, which makes it worth it in my opinion.

Fitz

Yes, it does, which is somewhat unfortunate, but it does eliminate the in essence perfect espionage players had access to with regard to troop numbers, manpower, income and so on, which makes it worth it in my opinion.

Wow, that'll be weird and certainly take some getting used to, looking forward to trying it though. Also only host save sounds really good.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It looks like our sessions will be Wednesdays from 21:30-23:00 (1.5hr session), and Sundays from 21:00-23:00 (2hr session). Unfortunately, this conflicts with the times provided by FACE, Toma and CloudWolf. If any of you are still willing and capable of playing, please say so! I know FACE has already confirmed he's fine playing every other session, so I'll assume he's still in, but I'll assume for the moment that Toma and CloudWolf are out.

fanboi

Banned
It looks like our sessions will be Wednesdays from 21:30-23:00 (1.5hr session), and Sundays from 21:00-23:00 (2hr session). Unfortunately, this conflicts with the times provided by FACE, Toma and CloudWolf. If any of you are still willing and capable of playing, please say so! I know FACE has already confirmed he's fine playing every other session, so I'll assume he's still in, but I'll assume for the moment that Toma and CloudWolf are out.

So, if these are the times, which day is the first session? I know toma cant untill next week, but if he isn't available to play, can we start on wednesday (20th)?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So, if these are the times, which day is the first session? I know toma cant untill next week, but if he isn't available to play, can we start on wednesday (20th)?

I'm fine with this if everyone else is. Morfeo will need to pick a nation, though. If Toma is gone and you still don't mind, he could have the Mamluks. Else, there's Bavaria, the Palatinate, Hesse, Brandenburg, Brittany, Saxony, Mainz, Crimea,and Georgia as far as 'European' nations with at least reasonable starts go, or he can go further afield.

EDIT: Huh, I'd never noticed Saxony started with a PU over Thuringia before. That's actually not a bad start.

fanboi

Banned
I'm fine with this if everyone else is. Morfeo will need to pick a nation, though. If Toma is gone and you still don't mind, he could have the Mamluks. Else, there's Bavaria, the Palatinate, Hesse, Brandenburg, Brittany, Saxony, Mainz, Crimea,and Georgia as far as 'European' nations with at least reasonable starts go, or he can go further afield.

Morfeo can have Mamaluks if he wants to.

CloudWolf

I'm only unable to play coming Sunday and Wednesday because of my dad and sister's birthdays, so that's why I said I wasn't available. Normally I'm available the entire evening on Sundays and Wednesdays. So if possible, I would still want to join in and take one of the HRE nations.

EDIT: I am able to play coming Wednesday, if we don't eat out.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm only unable to play coming Sunday and Wednesday because of my dad and sister's birthdays, so that's why I said I wasn't available. Normally I'm available the entire evening on Sundays and Wednesdays. So if possible, I would still want to join in and take one of the HRE nations.

That's fine, then. However, for not reading the poll instructions, we are making you play Ulm.
lel, it's fine. Take an HRE nation of your choice from the following, roughly ordered by difficulty: Brandenburg, Bavaria, Saxony, the Palatinate, Hesse, Mainz.
We probably won't start this Wednesday anyway because of KingSnake, so I'm expecting us to start Sunday 24th.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Ryukyu is the only clear option I'd say, though they might be a bit easy, you're best off going for Chimu I reckon

Thanks for this awesome suggestion, will at least have to be a pretty peaceful game which is to my liking.

Anyways, lets see what Toma, Algiers and Cloudwolf who couldnt play these times say, and I will pick something after that.

Looking forward to the game btw, and I am VERY happy with the times we choose, perfect for my schedule :)

Morfeo

How well do you know the game? I can offer you Mameluks if you are pretty new. Wont be easy to play in the HRE with MGO so close.

Btw, I can not start this wednesday, so I suggest sunday for the first session!

CloudWolf

How well do you know the game? I can offer you Mameluks if you are pretty new. Wont be easy to play in the HRE with MGO so close.

I know it a bit, played for almost 200 hours, but I'm not nearly as good as some people. This was probably the best game I've played,

I've never played with an Eastern/Sunni nation though, is it a lot different than a European start?

Fitz

Actually several German states don't seem to have players yet are coloured on the map.

Any nation that is coloured in but without bold outlines is more than 1 province away from a current player nation, preferred picks I believe.

I've never played with an Eastern/Sunni nation though, is it a lot different than a European start?

Not a lot really, mainly just the worse tech group plus the really straightforward awesome Muslim piety mechanics.

Morfeo

I know it a bit, played for almost 200 hours, but I'm not nearly as good as some people. This was probably the best game I've played,

I have no idea, have never played there myself. Based on playtime, you are probably a better player than me then, however if you want them, you can have them :) If not, I will probably pick the Mameluks for myself.

CloudWolf

I have no idea, have never played there myself. Based on playtime, you are probably a better player than me then, however if you want them, you can have them :) If not, I will probably pick the Mameluks for myself.

You can take Mamluks, I'll try my luck with Brandenburg. Those Prussian Ideas are pretty amazing.
Poland and Hansa are pretty scary though

Kabouter

You can take Mamluks, I'll try my luck with Brandenburg. Those Prussian Ideas are pretty amazing.
Poland and Hansa are pretty scary though
That they are, that constantly high army tradition and other military buffs, so good once you get going and compound them with idea groups. But yeah, the challenge will be getting going with those neighbours, I'd try finding some allies :p.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Like CloudWolf, Toma may still be able to commit, so we'll just wait for him before anyone gets the Mamluks.

Morfeo

Yep. Guess I need to find someone else then. Any suggestions? And no, I dont want to do some hardcore ryukyu-run and get annexed within the first ten years like Kab last time.

Kabouter

Yep. Guess I need to find someone else then. Any suggestions? And no, I dont want to do some hardcore ryukyu-run and get annexed within the first ten years like Kab last time.

I think it was more like twelve years, don't hate.

I think if Mamluks are out, there's either powers in Europe that are super close to others really and would basically force large scale PvP from day one (think France, Castile etc.) or pick something like Vijayanagar or a North-American native country. Both should be doable for someone of your skill.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Bavaria is actually not that bad. I did a quick test run last night and they have some pretty good missions to expand quickly that give them lots of free claims on Heidelburg, Nurnburg, Worms and Ansbach. They have surprisingly solid ideas (+1 yearly legitimacy, +10% production efficiency, +1 yearly prestige, +2% missionary strength and +1 yearly papal influence, +10% national tax modifier, +2.5% discipline, -10% STAB cost, +5% imperial authority), and get off the ground okay. I tried some of the other options and they're mostly horrible in comparison. Saxony is just about okay, ish, but it's not as good as Bavaria.

Manik

Am I still right in thinking that only the host of the game needs the DLC?

I maaaaay not have picked any up just yet... So it'll be an interesting experience, for sure.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As if I'd let Germany form under the baleful eyes of the Hanseatic League.

Any way for people unable to play to keep up with what's happening in game? I'd love to join, but I'm going to be away from my computer for the next month or so, which pretty much rules me out of playing this time. But I do love a good game of EU, and this one looks pretty damn promising, so I'd love to keep up if I could. Cheers guys.

fanboi

Banned
Any way for people unable to play to keep up with what's happening in game? I'd love to join, but I'm going to be away from my computer for the next month or so, which pretty much rules me out of playing this time. But I do love a good game of EU, and this one looks pretty damn promising, so I'd love to keep up if I could. Cheers guys.

We could use the old template:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| Sessions AAR's |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If possible, use this template: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=79791689&postcount=48

I am horrible though... what you say guys.

Morfeo

I think it was more like twelve years, don't hate.

I think if Mamluks are out, there's either powers in Europe that are super close to others really and would basically force large scale PvP from day one (think France, Castile etc.) or pick something like Vijayanagar or a North-American native country. Both should be doable for someone of your skill.

Ok sorry, 12 years!

Yeah I have decided to go Mameluks if Toma is out, if not, I will play in India. Will be nice to see how fast I can get east to control the spice trade and its minors. :)

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation

I think you're overestimating me. Even if I survive getting wrecked by France, my only immediate goal is to form the Netherlands.
And then I'll conquer Europe.

Haly

I'll probably form an Alliance of necessity with MGO, and wind up regretting it 3-4 centuries down the road when he's created an unstoppable empire with the early lead I gave him.

Only difference being that The Hansa have less room to expand than even Venice!

Morfeo

I'll probably form an Alliance of necessity with MGO, and wind up regretting it 3-4 centuries down the road when he's created an unstoppable empire with the early lead I gave him.

Only difference being that The Hansa have less room to expand than even Venice!

LOL! Remember that I will always be helpful by protecting those provs of yours after MGO have wrecked you :)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I shall be friends with everyone. :3

Morfeo

And I will just do my best to keep the peace wherever I end up playing - just as our last two games in other words.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's somewhat worrying when about a quarter of our players have picked up tags from their EU4 exploits. It makes me feel inadequate.

Haly

LOL! Remember that I will always be helpful by protecting those provs of yours after MGO have wrecked you :)

I am forever in your debt for bringing the Pax Muscova to the war-torn lands of Venice.

Morfeo

It's somewhat worrying when about a quarter of our players have picked up tags from their EU4 exploits. It makes me feel inadequate.

Haha, that is amazing really. Gotta thank Kingsnake for giving me mine!

I am forever in your debt for bringing the Pax Muscova to the war-torn lands of Venice.

No problem my friend! I am always happy to spread the peace to my neighbours :)

Kabouter

I think you're overestimating me. Even if I survive getting wrecked by France, my only immediate goal is to form the Netherlands.
And then I'll conquer Europe.
Beats going the historical route from my perspective. Please don't go the historical route.

Don't forget Swedish Steeeeeeeel

Swedes and their incredibly mean denial of military access when all you want to do is aid your friends :(

Haly

Is the historical route the one where MGO buys a lot of tulips then bankrupts a few of its cities for no good reason?

Kabouter

Is the historical route the one where MGO buys a lot of tulips then bankrupts a few of its cities for no good reason?

I was more thinking that I don't want a 350 year long nightmare to begin in 1602 (well, 1603 technically before they established themselves in Indonesia).

MGO, just go WIC rather than VOC.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
So, what days is set now? Want to add to the OP, and what Times'?

What day do we start?

We start Sunday 24th because several people can't do this specific Wednesday. Times are Wednesdays from 21:30-23:00 (1.5hr session), and Sundays from 21:00-23:00 (2hr session). FACE will be a once weekly player who will turn up for Sundays, and Toma's attendance is currently unconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom