• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Swedish rail defeating armies - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
well i can't do Wednesdays. so Sundays for me.

Oh, didn't realise you hadn't filled in the poll, sorry! I thought we had everyone. Tuesdays and Wednesdays were actually equally good in terms of response, I just picked Wednesdays because it spaced out over the week a little better. If you can do Tuesdays, we can shift the Wednesday session to a Tuesday without it affecting anyone - the only people who've said they can't do Tuesday are Toma and Face who can't do Wednesday either.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
CloudWolf Brandenburg
Colkate Muscovy
Crab Aragon
FACE Timurids Sundays only
fanboi Ottoman
Haly The Hansa
Kabouter Brunei
KingSnake Scotland
Manik Sweden
Mgoblue201 Burgundy
mleugie Poland Sundays only
Morfeo ???
Toma Mamluks
Valhelm Portugal
ZZMitch Venice

is the current list. We're just waiting on Toma to confirm he can still play given we're doing Wednesdays and they were apparently incompatible. morfeo's choice is also dependant on whether Toma can play or not, but he's already said it will be Mamluks if Toma is here and Vijayanagar if he isn't.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'll participate, might need to come later on wednesdays though depending on my work schedule. Also, that picture in the OP is still missing my country :p

mkenyon

Banned
Is there any way that I could join for Sunday games? Being PST, Wednesdays are right out. But I'd love to drop in on Sundays. Maybe as some minor like Tuscany.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, a few people have mentioned 21:30-23:00 being a little easier for them on the Wednesday, so we'll stick with that. We now have all our players confirmed.

CloudWolf Brandenburg
Colkate Muscovy
Crab Aragon
FACE Timurids Sundays only
fanboi Ottoman
Haly The Hansa
Kabouter Brunei
KingSnake Scotland
Manik Sweden
Mgoblue201 Burgundy
mkenyon ??? Sundays only
mleugie Poland Sundays only
Morfeo Vijyanagar
Toma Mamluks
Valhelm Portugal
ZZMitch Venice

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any way that I could join for Sunday games? Being PST, Wednesdays are right out. But I'd love to drop in on Sundays. Maybe as some minor like Tuscany.

Oops, didn't see this. Tuscany is in another player's theatre, so you'd have to ask that player for permission. If you want a European minor, then Brittany, Bavaria, Saxony, Hesse, Mainz, Crimea and the Palatinate are all free [also Libya/Georgia if you're a bit crazy], otherwise you'd have to ask permission. Outside of Europe, most nations are free.

Kabouter

Oops, didn't see this. Tuscany is in another player's theatre, so you'd have to ask that player for permission. If you want a European minor, then Brittany, Bavaria, Saxony, Hesse, Mainz, Crimea and the Palatinate are all free [also Libya/Georgia if you're a bit crazy], otherwise you'd have to ask permission. Outside of Europe, most nations are free.

I would say North America is probably the most free if you're an experienced player, if not, then I'd go with one of the European minors, probably Bavaria out of that list. Oh, West Africa can also be pretty good, if you can survive and take down Mali, you can do *very* well as Songhai, excellent position geographically to siphon off trade from Asia.

mkenyon

Banned
I would say North America is probably the most free if you're an experienced player, if not, then I'd go with one of the European minors, probably Bavaria out of that list. Oh, West Africa can also be pretty good, if you can survive and take down Mali, you can do *very* well as Songhai, excellent position geographically to siphon off trade from Asia.
My only thought was that to get a lot of the non-euro games to go well is by doing a lot of things that are completely outside of the box for the AI. Getting at least somewhat powerful as a EU minor would allow the AI to do a marginal job during my absence.

Tuscany is in Venice or Aragon theater?

Kabouter

My only thought was that to get a lot of the non-euro games to go well is by doing a lot of things that are completely outside of the box for the AI. Getting at least somewhat powerful as a EU minor would allow the AI to do a marginal job during my absence.

Tuscany I would say is going to be sandwiched between both, neither borders you at the start, but both will very quickly I'm sure (especially when you consider the PU-status of Naples under Aragon) You're better off with Bavaria.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Huh, I didn't even realise, I forgot I picked Aragon. It's my theatre - the rule is "If you can Fabricate Claim on it D1, it's your theatre". I'm very happy to let you be Tuscany, but I will immediately try to vassalize you. :p I don't know if your science included the D1 Aragonese no-CB invasion.

Kabouter

Huh, I didn't even realise, I forgot I picked Aragon. It's my theatre - the rule is "If you can Fabricate Claim on it D1, it's your theatre". I'm very happy to let you be Tuscany, but I will immediately try to vassalize you. :p

You're going to want a human ally on that one I'm guessing, Austria (HRE) isn't terrible at the start, especially when you consider they usually ally with a big country like Poland as well.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
You're going to want a human ally on that one I'm guessing, Austria (HRE) isn't terrible at the start, especially when you consider they usually ally with a big country like Poland as well.

Ah, you see, I shall be taking advantage of the fact mgoblue will almost certainly invade the HRE too. :p While Austria is getting mgo'd, I shall complete my heist.

mkenyon

Banned
It's pretty easy to get France as an ally within the first year as Tuscany. Coupled with the auto Austria protection, it's in a wonderfully defensible spot against both Aragon and Venice.

Plus dat tech bonus. Depending on random events 30-40% off.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty easy to get France as an ally within the first year as Tuscany. Coupled with the auto Austria protection, it's in a wonderfully defensible spot against both Aragon and Venice.

Plus dat tech bonus. Depending on random events 30-40% off.

So Bavaria or Tuscany then? (or a surprise choice)

EDIT: Also like half of Europe allies France in multiplayer so I'm not sure how useful that is.

mkenyon

Banned
Let me do some quick playthroughs of Bavaria, but it sounds like that would probably be more interesting for long term dynamics.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Let me do some quick playthroughs of Bavaria, but it sounds like that would probably be more interesting for long term dynamics.

You're in no rush, we don't start til Sunday.

Fitz

Oh boy, nobody told me they'd gone and changed Westernisation before I went and picked Muscovy! It seems to be utterly pointless now.

Kabouter

Oh boy, nobody told me they'd gone and changed Westernisation before I went and picked Muscovy! It seems to be utterly pointless now.

For Eastern tech countries, that is mostly true, yes. I'm pretty sure I'll still want to though. (even if it is impossible to catch up to the West now unitwise)

Fitz

I can see it being feasible for low end tech groups to not westernise if you can keep up in mil tech. Otherwise it looks like it comes down to how soon it becomes available to you, in terms of your nation's size. I had a go at westernising Muscovy today and it took me around 9 years I think, was mostly getting 8 points per month, so probably about 20-30 years for Chinese tech group.

mkenyon

Banned
Just read this post.

I think Brandenburg looks to be solid, unless bordering the Hansa is a bit iffy.

If that's stepping on toes, I will definitively say Bavaria.

ZZMitch

Just read this post.

I think Brandenburg looks to be solid, unless bordering the Hansa is a bit iffy.

If you want to play Venice (or just want to have some more space in that region since it is getting a bit cramped) I would be fine playing Brittany. Seems like fun nation to play heh

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Just read this post.

Sorry, that's slightly out of date. CloudWolf is already Brandenburg, so Bavaria it is.

mkenyon

Banned
I was actually hoping for a somewhat viable longterm minor, due to missing out on Wednesdays. If things go bad with AI, then it's not too dramatic in terms of shifting the current game balance or state for the rest of the players.

Basically, I wanted a chance to hop in for some fun MP action without affecting things too much one way or another.
Sorry, that's slightly out of date. CloudWolf is already Brandenburg, so Bavaria it is.
Perfect!

This is probably pretty good for Haly anyway, as I would dismantle his pathetic republic in no time. :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
The Hansa's opinion of Bavaria:
-25 Historial Rivals
-50 Sent Insult

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm going to look forward to ass stomping Bavaria when mkenyon is out.

mkenyon

Banned
You can't throw gold at all your problems when your troops are low morale sissies with no discipline.

Even the AI wouldn't break a sweat.

Fitz

That's it Europeans, fight amongst yourselves.

GmybjVk.gif

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
You can't throw gold at all your problems when your troops are low morale sissies with no discipline.

Even the AI wouldn't break a sweat.
If I was a mercenary or hired soldier having to fight on Haly's behalf, I would probably throw down my arms and surrender immediately too.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Only 1815? Weak.

Also mkenyon as a hint I wouldn't antagonize the Hansa. The full force of Hansa, Bavaria, and Brandenburg will be needed to hold back the force that is mgoblue. Germans stick together!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom