• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everybody's Golf 4 (Minna no golf 4): who's loving it?

Snowball

Banned
I'm playing this awesome game (the US release date is so far!) and i'm enjoying it so much.

It's what i like to call "the Winning Eleven of the golf game".
Easy to start, hard to stop.

Checking around I've seen that there are not many guys that are playing it.
I'd like to know if ther's anyone that is going deep into this game, looking for all it's tricks, secrets and whatever! ;)

Please let me know.
You can easily play it and enjoy, but in order to understand many stuff of this amazing game, Japanese is really important!

Thanks.

Snowball

P.S. for example i don't understand at all what the STAR near to the course means...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
me. i just imported it a couple weeks back. the mechanics are perfect, and i can't believe the number of excellent courses...it's just a huge pain to unlock the last several. the characters are pretty likeable as well; makes for a nice change from the bowdlerized domestic releases.

the stars next to the courses represent the number of birdies you've scored on that course. they probably factor into unlocking stuff, although i'm not sure exactly how.

Teddman

I'm digging it too, U.S. version is looking pretty tight. Just got the free demo at Gamestop the other day.

post-1-10908652650.jpg

Snowball

Banned
drohne said:
me. i just imported it a couple weeks back. the mechanics are perfect, and i can't believe the number of excellent courses...it's just a huge pain to unlock the last several. the characters are pretty likeable as well; makes for a nice change from the bowdlerized domestic releases..

You right. It is by far the best golf out there. I tried them all (from professional to funny, from Tiger Woods to Nintendo...)... nothing.
The difference is sooo big.
I'm a fan of this golf game since the first japanese chapter on psx.

drohne said:
the stars next to the courses represent the number of birdies you've scored on that course. they probably factor into unlocking stuff, although i'm not sure exactly how.

Great man!
Since I guess you understand japanese i'd like to ask you something more.
In order to let the others see the questions/answer I will post them with new title in this thread! :D

Thanks
Snowball

Snowball

Banned
Teddman said:
I'm digging it too, U.S. version is looking pretty tight. Just got the free demo at Gamestop the other day.

post-1-10908652650.jpg

When I gave up Minna No Golf 3 (previus chapter) to play the US version the feeling was not the same.
I can't say why, but the japanese version was IMO more nice to play, to see, to enjoy.

In any case the US version (Hot Shots Golf FORE!) will be online.
This could be really a nice feature.

Have u tried the beta online?
Please post your impressions.
I mean, is it this game really enjoyable in its online version?

Snowball

drohne

i understand very, very little japanese. i might be able to help you with some of your questions, though.

Teddman

I wasn't lucky enough to be a HSG4 beta tester. :(

You can read some impressions from forum posters who were, though:
http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=4664

I do think the online feature is a big enough bonus to set the domestic release apart from the import... And I even like some of the U.S. characters. T-Bone's one of my favorites (and he's in that demo disc I picked up!).

Snowball

Banned
That's what now comes to my mind.
Let's start.

1. Is there a way to save your game during a tournament?
In Everybody's golf 3, you could press SELECT at hole 9 (or maybe always) to save your progress. Here I cannot find a way.

2. Why there are seasons and you can choose them?
Should I beat the same course during the 4 seasons, or it doesn't matter?

3. Sometimes you have to play a tournament in a strange way in which you don't compete against other players but just alone. I cannot figure out what's the target in this kind of match. For example yestarday I played the "Canyon course" in this mode and i fnished the 18 holes with -4. At the end my character was crying because he failed. Why? :/

4. For sure you have seen there are different CLUBS. The orange one (dunno the name) doesn't need you to "finish" your shot. I mean you press O once, then you just have to press it at to set the POWER, not the IMPACT: is this the EASY MODE they were talkin about?

5. In VS. MATCHES, how many time you have to defeat the same opponent? 2 or 4? (I'm asking this because pressing triangle in that menu, it shows you that you have 4 picture of the same character. This confuse me.

Thanks for help!!! Really!

Snowball

drohne

Snowball said:
1. Is there a way to save your game during a tournament?
In Everybody's golf 3, you could press SELECT at hole 9 (or maybe always) to save your progress. Here I cannot find a way.

not that i know of.

2. Why there are seasons and you can choose them?
Should I beat the same course during the 4 seasons, or it doesn't matter?

well, differing visuals, music, and weather conditions. playing in different seasons doesn't seem to help you unlock anything.

3. Sometimes you have to play a tournament in a strange way in which you don't compete against other players but just alone. I cannot figure out what's the target in this kind of match. For example yestarday I played the "Canyon course" in this mode and i fnished the 18 holes with -4. At the end my character was crying because he failed. Why? :/

often those "18 hole challenges" have specific additional requirements - iirc on that particular challenge you need to score at least one eagle to pass. this is going to be a pain if you don't read any japanese. :/

4. For sure you have seen there are different CLUBS. The orange one (dunno the name) doesn't need you to "finish" your shot. I mean you press O once, then you just have to press it at to set the POWER, not the IMPACT: is this the EASY MODE they were talkin about?

i think it's called "minna no club," and it's the easy mode, yeah.

5. In VS. MATCHES, how many time you have to defeat the same opponent? 2 or 4? (I'm asking this because pressing triangle in that menu, it shows you that you have 4 picture of the same character. This confuse me.

twice - once in normal mode, once in the alternate-costumed hard mode. i think you need to defeat your opponent before the full nine holes expire in order to unlock hard mode. i know the diagram you're talking about, but i forget exactly what it means. i'll take a look at it later.

Snowball

Banned
drohne said:
not that i know of.
often those "18 hole challenges" have specific additional requirements - iirc on that particular challenge you need to score at least one eagle to pass. this is going to be a pain if you don't read any japanese. :/

What does IIRC means? If I recall correctly? (checked now on google!) :p
Wow!
Really challenging but as you said, with no japanese it is really hard to understand!

Anyway, I contacted you PVtT :)

Snowball

Top Bottom