• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

The brackets this year seem relatively predictable. Armada looks to be the the likeliest contender for EVO Champion this year assuming that M2K doesn't beat out Mango. He has the most favorable track record out of everyone here involved. The only question mark on these matches are Silentwolf vs Axe.

Hopefully Axe isn't like Shroomed was last year where he went 0-2 and was literally the first set streamed lol. It would be hugely disappointing if that happened.

Luckily, I think Axe knows the Fox MU pretty well by this point -- if he's able to nearly beat Mang0 in Best of 3 sets (as shown last year and this year) then he should be able to take out Silent Wolf.

One would hope based off of that assessment, anyway.

El Sloth

Banned
Guys, MadCatz is doing Skullgirls a favor. They have no obligation to stream the tournament. We weren't going to get a stream otherwise.

Besides MarkMan is one of the few big supporters of the Tekken community here in the States. He just wants to give the players and fans some love. Don't hold any grudges

Azure J

Hopefully Axe isn't like Shroomed was last year where he went 0-2 and was literally the first set streamed lol. It would be hugely disappointing if that happened.

Haha, I remember feeling so sad for Shroomed because he kept it close but got bopped because better character syndrome kicked in on the opposite side. The reactions to how slow that set was also made it hard for me to not want a faster match to sell more folks new to Smash on the tournament as well.

Then Wobbles happened and the collective viewer base was like "...Ice Climbers were THAT good?"

Luckily, I think Axe knows the Fox MU pretty well by this point -- if he's able to nearly beat Mang0 in Best of 3 sets (as shown last year and this year) then he should be able to take out Silent Wolf.

One would hope based off of that assessment, anyway.

more importantly, SilentWolf is no Armada, although I fear that Fly Amanita might get bopped by PPMD

Revven

Haha, I remember feeling so sad for Shroomed because he kept it close but got bopped because better character syndrome kicked in on the opposite side. The reactions to how slow that set was also made it hard for me to not want a faster match to sell more folks new to Smash on the tournament as well.

Then Wobbles happened and the collective viewer base was like "...Ice Climbers were THAT good?"

Yeah. Thankfully even if Axe does go 0-2, it will be an entertaining 0-2 because it's Fox vs Pikachu which is so, so fast it's mind boggling.

The KOF commentary is bad, wow, it not even the bored voices that are the problem. They are just saying what's going on the game, with the occasional ooh and aahs. There's no real technical analysis of what's going on at all. And then there are long stretches of silence when there isn't a combo going on.

Deplorable.

ec0ec0

i couldnt see smash quarters and semis... theres no way i can watch it now, right!? (i am not a subscriber of the evo stream)

Mengetsu

This livestreamer with the VLC player is great but the FPS is unstable. Some moments I see 60 other I see 30. I just want a stable frame rate 30 or 60 lol

colinp

Banned
The KOF commentary is bad, wow, it not even the bored voices that are the problem. They are just saying what's going on the game, with the occasional ooh and aahs. There's no real technical analysis of what's going on at all. And then there are long stretches of silence when there isn't a combo going on.

Deplorable.

That's it exactly, ugh, so rotten and so disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom