• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

NexusCell

RvolHsW.jpg

I downloaded livestreamer and vlc and when I use command prompt to open up a stream url it says that I don't have vlc installed, even though I do. Any help?

El Sloth

Banned
That was losers bracket with LK in it. The actually strong JP players have steamrolled through winners for the most part.
This was what I was told would happen in BB!

Well, regardless if any Americans make it into Top 8 or not I'm sure the matches are going to be great.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
No Hellpockets on commentary is a shame. This is seriously the most dull commentary ever. It's like they don't have any enthusiasm for the game.

Myn

Feels like less people watching Evo than prior years.

The world cup and other gaming tournaments have been airing this weekend.

The massive attendance at the actual Evo venue is a pretty good sign that there's growth this year compared to last year.

Hey guys i'm wondering if a knowledgable gaffer might help me out a sec?

As a disabled gamer the ONLY way I am comfortable playing fighting games is with an arcade pad. Problem is, as my disability has progressed, I actually find square-gate sticks uncomfortable.

I'm looking to play PC fighting games until the PS4 fighting game era begins, so can anyone suggest a relatively inexpensive USB arcade stick, WITH OCTAGONAL GATE, that I could use for PC SF4, MK9, etc?

Thanks so much. EVO has me fired up and wanting to return to my beloved fighting genre after some time away. I still love my Mad Katz LE MvC2 stick, but the gate is ruining it for me, and I don't have the ability nor knowledge to swap it out myself.

Sheroking

Looking at the Marvel bracket, ChrisG has to fight Paradigm and then Marn first thing.

Chance of getting randomed into losers at least 33%.

Duxxy3

As a disabled gamer the ONLY way I am comfortable playing fighting games is with an arcade pad. Problem is, as my disability has progressed, I actually find square-gate sticks uncomfortable.

I'm looking to play PC fighting games until the PS4 fighting game era begins, so can anyone suggest a relatively inexpensive USB arcade stick, WITH OCTAGONAL GATE, that I could use for PC SF4, MK9, etc?

Thanks so much. EVO has me fired up and wanting to return to my beloved fighting genre after some time away. I still love my Mad Katz LE MvC2 stick, but the gate is ruining it for me, and I don't have the ability nor knowledge to swap it out myself.

You can swap in an octagonal gate into any of the usual sanwa based sticks out there. You also might want to consider a circular gate (try out both).

RC

Banned
Anime fighters have to be the most difficult games to follow. It's just sheer craziness on the screen.

Credit to anyone who can understand what goes on in BB.

evilalien

You don't need a new stick because swapping out a gate on a TE stick is really easy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0okhLLAV18w

FluxWaveZ

Anime fighters have to be the most difficult games to follow. It's just sheer craziness on the screen.

Credit to anyone who can understand what goes on in BB.

I would say Marvel is hands down the most difficult game to follow (which some people facetiously refer to as an anime game, anyways).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom