• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
Darryl hit em with the "BOI"

Aight, KI top 8 let's gooooooo
fake edit: Rico Suave and Pink Diamond both already eliminated noooooo

Justin about to end Daigo too

Fuck evo

brAOLiz.gif

Tripon

I imagine a good number of people watching have both streams open (like myself), so I don't think that's the issue.
I was watching from the crowd and it was mostly dead outside of a Pokemon doing supers. Tasty Steve tried his best hyping up the crowd, but there was no helping it. The game just ran too long.

Xtyle

Look. I know Daigo lost...but maybe that's his plan. Go into losers...and when he faces Tokido again later on in the finals, it will be longer sets, which favors Daigo!

HardRojo

Lol SFV so good even this girl from University I told I couldn't go out with tonight stayed in her place watching and is now asking all sorts of questions about the game.

Xeteh

There are pages worth of posts complaining about his ''Gief is not that good comments'' and saying that he should learn from Itabashi and the other.

He's the one that has been playing Ryu and Alex, I doubt he's played much Gief at all at Evo but he's really strong vs Cammy so the pick works.

He dropped Gief while others have stuck with him, that is about as far as it goes with people "hating" on him.

Zyrox

Really, really enjoyed Pokken at Evo. Had quite a few amazing sets. Not even mad my fave (Chandelure) didn't make it into top 8 (outside of one cameo appearance), the matches have been really great regardless. Again, props to Tonosama for consistent amazing play.
Will be watching other Pokken Tournaments that come up in the future. I hope the game will receive ample support (Darkrai is a nice start) so that it has a healthy lifespan (maybe an NX port in the future eh, Nintendo/TPC/Namco?). I also hope that it returns next year but I guess it didn't have many viewers and quite a few people here didn't like it, which is a shame, but what can you do.
Still, I had a lot of fun. P O K K E N B O Y Z.

Chase17

I was watching from the crowd and it was mostly dead outside of a Pokemon doing supers. Tasty Steve tried his best hyping up the crowd, but there was no helping it. The game just ran too long.
semis/top8 running back to back probably didn't help.

Probably just the game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom