• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. When Armada was two stocks up and it was 2-1, hungrybox whiffed rest. Did armada go for an optimal punish and it whiffed?

Yeah.

IIRC he shot lasers to build percent, uptilted to launch him (more damage than upthrow), then went for uair but didn't get the strong hit. That was optimal at that percent but still may not have KO'd, don't remember what the percent was.

I thought he went for a neutral air, hit, but didn't get a follow up. Unless we're talking about a different situation?

dralla

I don't understand how people who get second place looked to be happy and congratulating the winner. It happened pretty much all day. If I lost in GF I'd react the same way this Swedish bro did.

Can someone give me background on LI Joe? I haven't heard of him before this one.

he was really good at vanilla SF4, but slowly dropped off throughout the updates. he is also one of the tournament organizers for East Coast Throwdown (an annual major tournament)

Ultimadrago

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphyr4ss5.gif

Reposting.

Armada is right to be bummed out but he should also feel good about how well he bounced back. Taking the GF to a Game 5 after a reset all the way to the very last stock per character is no small feat. He did good.

Also, Li Joe used to drive down to Chinatown Fair and sleep in his car so he could grind out the newest version of games while he hung out with friends. Dude legitimately loves the fgc.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah.

I thought he went for a neutral air, hit, but didn't get a follow up. Unless we're talking about a different situation?

Might have been neutral air, I know he did lasers and then utilt though. If it was from 0 then it probably was nair.

So much salt in second third and forth place , everyone else was just happy to be there

M2K probably feels he could have done better. But Westballz, S2J, and PewPewU are probably stoked with their placement. Wes usually busters out at Evo despite being one of the top players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom