• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 Fighting Game Chamionship Tournament of the Year - July 15th - 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

The fuck is with this shit on the subscription page?

jN08jbz.png

Am I expected to sub and then manually specify not to renew? Because that's some shady shit.

It's supposed to be a one time payment. The emotes are yours to keep forever.

Hmm... I don't think they said they have a recurring thing, it's always been one time. I don't know why the page looks like that.

jediyoshi

THEY FUCKED UP THE LANYARD CACPOM STYLE HA

CnXFEpmUMAAIKE8.jpg:large

������������ CAPCPOM ������������

Really hyped for this. Just gonna sit back all weekend and watch some fighting shit. So burned out from work this week that I just want to lay low so it's perfect timing.

Hype! Gotta say though, the sub emotes are getting worse and worse every year. Will still get it though.

Look back at 2013 and it had KappaRyu, KappaSagat, Soulfist, PackItUp, Fraud(marvel text) and Demon.

sixghost

Out of curiosity, what is the average level of player in the early stages of EVO? Like if you were a low Gold player in SF5, what are the odds that you would be able to win at least one match?

Pachinko

Okay just a quick line of common sense for anyone down in Vegas - this heat is no joke man. I went for a bit of a walkabout before getting my badge (thought I could make it to inNout on foot ... That didn't happen) and I basically feel like I was pretty much at my limit. I had a bottle of Gatorade with me too so I was attempting to stay hydrated but ... So hot out.

Well I mean waking up at 4am to catch my flight probably didn't help much either so stay safe kids !

So is anyone doing some casual matches in SFV somewhere maybe ?

Dahbomb

Out of curiosity, what is the average level of player in the early stages of EVO? Like if you were a low Gold player in SF5, what are the odds that you would be able to win at least one match?
This is the first we have had as many as 5000 entrants for a single game. Even when we had 2000 players, a lot of them usually aren't that good. If you are gold then you can expect to win a couple of wins against people who registered just for the fun of it. Sometimes you are paired against some top level player very early on and then again in losers bracket which sucks but it happens.

Okay just a quick line of common sense for anyone down in Vegas - this heat is no joke man. I went for a bit of a walkabout before getting my badge (thought I could make it to inNout on foot ... That didn't happen) and I basically feel like I was pretty much at my limit. I had a bottle of Gatorade with me too so I was attempting to stay hydrated but ... So hot out.

Well I mean waking up at 4am to catch my flight probably didn't help much either so stay safe kids !

So is anyone doing some casual matches in SFV somewhere maybe ?

I tried walking from the Luxor to the convention center and only made it to the wynn before going for a cab. Heat is no joke.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I repeat. For the poverty people who still wants to chat. We are going to use the typical GAF chat we have been using for E3, SDQ, etc. PM Line to get an invite if you don't already have access to it.

This is going to be the longest night for some.

One thing is for sure. Daigo will not win EVO. Marn will roll off stage. Poongko will probably take off his shirt not knowing there is a rule in place now and get banned for rest of the year. And CountBlack will body at least one top player otherwise we will give him crap till the end of time.

Skab

Walking from my room to the elevator in westgate and I pass a room full of clacking sticks and the sound of OG KI.

It's beautiful

CurlyW

A wagon fulla pamcakes? In the champeenship?

But really, I'd laugh more at the EVO lanyard typo, but I know at least one of the events that I help run will have an equally silly goof one day.

Tripon

If anybody wants to meet up, I'm staying at the Luxor. Hit me up on Twitter, PM on GAF or call me FGW discord chat.

CSX

tekken 7 is going to be mainly combo practice for Japan and Korea.

Good luck ZTS! Your claudio now got a nice wall carry ender and his hopkick still da bessssttttttt. Spam that shit to top 8!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom