• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

bubumiao

3CA3Nik.jpg
You're missing NetherRealm.

MrCarter

The irony of the image above is that Capcom Fighters are still the most played with the highest numbers at tournies lol.

Also, first SNK cancels their panel and now Capcom? What is happening out there. At least there will still be announcements which is what most people want.

crash-14

A303 also has DannyPham, who is one of the best 3-4 Zangief's in the world (he's the one who bopped Daigo at North American CPT last year, and Snake Eyes was like "Nope, not playing that dude"). He has a potential round 2 date with Chocoblanka

KyleP is in C316
Jibrill in C314

Don't see JLMN (if you watched the Red Bull Team Battlegrounds, he was the Seattle player OCV'ing all the teams) registered, alas.

Noble | Nightmare is in E314

I added them, corrected a few pool mistakes and made something a bit more elaborated.

So I'm going to post 8 image that are the equivalent of the "8 groups" to be in the last match top 8 winners said.

This means to get in top 8 winners side

Winner Group Q vs Winner Group R
Winner Group S vs Winner Group T
Winner Group U vs Winner Group V
Winner Group W vs Winner Group X

Each group it's diveded in 4 groups that represent the notable players that could be in that QF bracket. The QF with the same color means winners of those will face first match semi finals bracket. And also there's the pool every player comes from. Two or more players in the same pool mean they might play in pools or as the first QF bracket match.

// means no notable player was found on the pool. Doesn't mean there's some without real nickname or have the new Taiga (That Japanese Yun player that no one knew about).

c716ed0f98d0d1cc3f1c78d4178b0ee2.png
3a1ad6f53e773e66d80201b1e61db8fd.png

4a3c594b42f3df88b607c4bf067e8b74.png
16ace26d74a9b6c1c02292d36cb85623.png

911eb88bbc0e0e39541d4779c7036183.png
981f48cf2d8116939d43e642a5bd951b.png

108de452d47793d465b125612f173da8.png
5f55cd7fc4095f80c84bf313dce9cb30.png

kirblar

Both SNK and Capcom cancelled their panels, both had the same room. Logistical issue? (maybe no good ability to stream it?)

lol all this angst over cancelling a panel is hilarious. They said there will be announcements regardless but obviously we will spin things in any way to fit an agenda.

Don't take my comment too seriously.

But on a more serious note, i feel that Capcom isn't learning at all. Still the same mistakes, lack of communication, etc... It's painful to watch.

Don't take my comment too seriously.

But on a more serious note, i feel that Capcom isn't learning at all. Still the same mistakes, lack of communication, etc... It's painful to watch.

Nah, they went on Twitter, cancelled it, and said they'd have more announcements this weekend while changing all their social media stuff to Abby related themes. The fact that they did any of that is leaps and bounds of their usual shittery the last few months.

JayEH

Hope capcom will give us two characters this month since they went off schedule like last year. Don't expect it but it'd be a nice surprise.

They said it was a mistake right after the schedule went up.

Oda and Watanabe were supposed to be on Arcsys's stream, and they will be there tomorrow after the KOF semi-finals.

Uhh when I go on EVO's site, they've removed both Capcom and SNK.

No one said Oda and co aren't showing up to EVO. Just that SNK isn't hosting their panel anymore. Just like how Ono is still going to have a signing despite no panel.

Edit: The Arc stream is different than the panel. Both panels weren't going to be streamed in the first place.

SaikyoBro

Yo, would anybody happen to have a room at Mandalay that I could leave my bags in for a few hours? Not going to be able to check into my room until 9-10.

Neoxon

Hope capcom will give us two characters this month since they went off schedule like last year. Don't expect it but it'd be a nice surprise.
I'm not counting on it. But as you said, it's entirely possible given what happened last year. Though I suppose they would have teased both Abigail & Menat at the same time if we were getting both this month.

Top Bottom