• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

didnt usfIV reach 200k in 2015?

Peaked at 254k, which is still the record for a fighting game when only looking at the Twitch numbers. SFV obviously surpassed that last year but we don't have definitive number. Just a vague estimation of close to 400k with the stream and TV numbers combined. And that probably had a lot of cross over. I was one of them.

HOLY CRAP 120K viewers for Tekken

It's really 130k when you include the Japanese and a few other restreams. They stream in a different language so I think it's fair to include them all instead of thinking everybody is watching both.

JDCR
6xqPcs9.png
6xqPcs9.png
6xqPcs9.png

Watching this makes me want to get into Teķen 7. Is it an easier game to get into as opposed to Street Fighter 5?

There's a lot more to remember, and it takes practice to get used to movement. But you can jump in and instantly have fun imo. Not everyone is on a pro level.

CSX

Knee has lost to JDCR's dragunov in tournament with his heihachi, feng, and now steve. There might be one or more characters im forgetting.

Good news though is that he still has like 30 other characters to try out lol

wrongway

Hell of a set, god damn.

Watching this makes me want to get into Teķen 7. Is it an easier game to get into as opposed to Street Fighter 5?

It's complicated as fuck and there are no in-game tutorials. But I've actually found it pretty approachable as a beginner. I think it helps that like 99% of the moves are basically command normals.

Top Bottom