• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Trickster

I have to imagine that people who wanted to watch smash all closed twitch and went to watch on the Disney channel? Viewership went from 144k(highest i saw for Tekken) to sub 80k now

Smash Bros for Switch is such a no-brainer port I'm shocked they haven't announced it yet. A game that combines the WiiU and 3DS versions? I'd buy that day 1, and I don't even like Smash that much.

Zemm

I have to imagine that people who wanted to watch smash all closed twitch and went to watch on the Disney channel? Viewership went from 144k(highest i saw for Tekken) to sub 80k now

This is like when WWE put on a jobbers tag match just before the main event

WillyFive

Fanbase for Tekken and fanbase for Smash don't entirely overlap, so there would be a shed of viewers while the Tekken viewers leave and the Smash viewers trickle in during the tournament.

Smash Bros for Switch is such a no-brainer port I'm shocked they haven't announced it yet. A game that combines the WiiU and 3DS versions? I'd buy that day 1, and I don't even like Smash that much.

Who says they won't announce it after the tournament?

Chauzu

This should be a match that shows how fast some Smash 4 matches can be. In general, there are just certain chars that have more campy playstyles, and most long matches are when they get pitted against each other. Fox vs Bayo will be early kills galore tho.

So they put the unpopular smash on championship sunday? Brilliant...

Smash 4 gets around as many entrants as Melee every Evo so only right it gets Sunday at least once.

Neoxon

Like I said....
  • It's not like Nintendo would go along with Melee being aired on TV.
  • The Smash 4 scene was kinda screwed over last year.
Also, read the thread title ("No Game Whining").

Anyway, Twitch isn't working for whatever reason. Thankfully, Disney XD is going just fine.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So many troll comments, really kills the mood after those great top 8 before.

And no, Smash 4 is not 4 hours long.

I don't like how the FGC is still so divided, we should unite !
Uhm yes, it is:

smashw9suq.png

JoeInky

All about that money bro.

Unless there's some sort of announcement, which I doubt, in the evo before smash 4 released they did a smash direct like 3 days after evo when they easily could have had it there so I doubt Nintendo are interested in making announcements here.

Fanbase for Tekken and fanbase for Smash don't entirely overlap, so there would be a shed of viewers while the Tekken viewers leave and the Smash viewers trickle in during the tournament.

Who says they won't announce it after the tournament?

I completely expect them to announce it today. With the Disney broadcast and the Sunday slot for Smash WiiU, they really made a big deal of it. I just didn't expect them to save such a big announcement for Evo. It's cool if they pull the trigger today.

Top Bottom