• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Josh5890

Like I said....
  • It's not like Nintendo would go along with Melee being aired on TV.
  • The Smash 4 scene was kinda screwed over last year.
Also, read the thread title ("No Game Whining").

Anyway, Twitch isn't working for whatever reason. Thankfully, Disney XD is going just fine.

Don't bother try in to reason with them. Just enjoy Smash like I am

Chauzu

Uhm yes, it is:

smashw9suq.png

Smash 4 will end way earlier than that, unless this is the longest Smash 4 top 8 this year. Despite it being mostly Bo3.

Smash Wii U gets far lower viewership than Melee on the regular so who knows.

Their is definitely some truth to that. SFV never got that close to Melee last year. I think Melee got to 230k or so where as SFV peaked at 190k I think. But that was with a peak of 201k watching on ESPN. I'm sure plenty of people who only watched the TV broadcast would have watched the stream if they had no choice.

With the broadcast being split in two there is no way we'll truly know how good the numbers are going to be for Smash 4 or SFV. Just an estimate at best.

Ōkami;243644283 said:
Have the finals of Marvel been archived?

It was too early for me to watch live.

I mean you can just access the video archive on twitch to get all of the finals stream today. You don't even really need to fiddle around with timestamps since Marvel was first

Gorillaz

Nintendo is going to put it's more modern foot forward in terms of TV deals

Melee looks tragic in some scenes. If your going to try to legitimize it do it with the smash that looks cleaner on tv.

mas8705

Happy to be of assistance. Honestly I hope that others share this link too until Twitch gets back up and going.

Bet people are going to use the technical issue to say "Melee had more viewers! see how Smash 4 dropped when it started?!"

Edit: Chat in twitch be like "NINTENDO SHILLING! D:"

Baleoce

What was the name of that Smash clone for Steam that they showed again? (unless I'm imagining it, or it was a tailored advert lol). Can't see a thread for it.

Dyle

🤔 Is 🤔 it 🤔 Really 🤔 EVO 🤔 if 🤔 it 🤔 doesn't 🤔 have 🤔 ARMS? 🤔

Chauzu

Zero vs Larry should be a good WFs

Larry has one of the best records vs ZeRo, and there was a point in time where they basically traded sets. ZeRo also got to game 5 vs a lesser Fox at a tourney last week, so I hope it'll be a great game. Larry Lurr has been playing great all weekend.

Top Bottom