• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

mas8705

giphy.gif

To quote:

This isn't the first time a Street Fighter 5 stage has been banned from tournaments. Back in June, the organisers of Evo, the biggest fighting game tournament in the world, banned the Kanzuki Family Beach stage, which sees waves occasionally cover the bottom of the screen, as well as the Training stage, which has a grid system to help with spacing.

might not be waves blocking vision, but the waves are still to blame (not like it matter since they are playing on the exclusive EVO stage anyway)

Dahbomb

I want to see the fiercest of FChamp pop off after this win.

My only concern is that people rooting for FChamp might depower him.

MrDaravon

It's actually pretty bad, some things are virtually invisible on that stage like Birdie's can, Chun's cr.MP (?) etc.

It's more baffling that they never put out a toggle for that stage that removes the waves, modders did it on PC like 2 hours after that stage came out.

Edit: It's still totally bonkers to me that FChamp made SFV top 8 and not Marvel.

ironmang

Are there a lot of pros who prefer to play with a standard controller? What's the split?

None of the Japanese pros on controller as far as I know. A lot of top Western players are on pad though. Du, Punk (mostly), Snake Eyez, Luffy, Smug off the top of my head.

Top Bottom