• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

me after James Chen giving us that "summary"

giphy.gif

Mimosa97

SFV just surpassed Tekken 7's viewership on the EVO channel alone (over 157k as of this post).

I couldn't care less about competitive gaming or fighting games and I'm really enjoying watching these SFV finals.

There's nothing like Street fighter to make casuals like me interested in competitive fighting.

Just got off work

Abigail looks like shit, as far as animations. That two-handed rapid uppercut special looks garbage. He just has really stiff and uncanny animations and movements, they look trash for what SF should deliver on. I expected Hugo and got something I don't know

I just saw Tokido knock off FChamp

Who is still in it?

::edit:: godfucking dammit Ita I believed in you

ScribbleD

Japan 5- USA 2

Well the number is about to go 4-2 after this next round. This has been a hell of a top 8 though for sure. Not sure how to stack it with Tekken 7 or Blazblue, but this has been quite the show thus far.

Whole day has been crazy. Marvel 3 was arguably the least exciting top 8, but still fine. Blazblue was good damned ridiculous start to finish, Tekken was pretty exciting and generally a joy to watch, Smash 4 had my favorite grand finals of the day, and all 3 sets of SF so far have been excellent. That plus all the announcements? Incredible

Top Bottom