• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

sinkfla87

What? UltraDavid is awesome, how could anyone hate on him?

I have no idea haha. I just remember a few people including a prominent NRS player saying UD isn't an "NRS guy" and also that "Our game should feature our commentators, not fair to our people" blah blah blah. Fucking stupid. I might dig up that thread on TYM lol. UltraDavid actually responded to me when I was defending him.

MK community tends to get upset if one of "their own" isn't commentating.

Basically this lol.

I'm lost as to why Yipes just called that out as "for the Weeaboos out there."

Also, UltraDavid & Mustard was a damn good duo. That was some fun Injustice to watch.

sinkfla87

Yeah. It's crazy. David plays, supports, and commentates NRS games. He's not an invader at all.

Yeah the whole thing is stupid. I like seeing people like UD and Aris commentating because it's entertaining to get a fresh perspective and also because it broadens the community. People who don't normally play NRS games might watch because of UD and Aris and find interest in the games, leading to a larger community which in turn only helps the scene/the games.

Holy fucking shit the stalling tactics in that last PuyoTetris match. Disgusting yet amazing.

The entire set between McButt and nokoly was unreal!

Justin just tweeted that Brent eliminated Mago from losers. WTF? I thought it was nothing until pools until tomorrow with 4 advancing. Without looking at their bracket, there were 2 guys who out did them in their 20 man pool? Or did it just happen to be a stacked pool?

IronLich

Watching the Puyo Tetris Top 8. Seeing how deadly Tetris can be in Swap makes me really sad I can't instinctively adapt those new setups.

Tripon

xa8yGBM.jpg

Top Bottom