• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Kysuke

There's a ton you can pick and bitch about when it comes to SFV... but the gameplay is awesome and it is so fun to watch high level play. People just want to hate on it.

I've been saying this forever. Once it goes into the actual match, the games awesome.

Though Tekken and guilty gear are the games I'm most into watching.

kirblar

There's a ton you can pick and bitch about when it comes to SFV... but the gameplay is awesome and it is so fun to watch high level play. People just want to hate on it.
SFV's major issues are with the game's pacing and design issues (it's too claustrophobic, pressure is too severe, dashes are too fast, players aren't reset to neutral enough, etc.) and with characters who exacerbate those issues.

Like, if you took certain characters (Balrog, Ibuki, Cammy) out of the game, I think a lot of the complaints about it aren't nearly as loud because most of the rest of the cast isn't nearly as oppressive on offense and pressure as they are.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Machabo has finally been defeated. He's not totally out though. Nage has always been top 3 so it's just a matter of time he wins a big one. This could be his weekend.

sinkfla87

I really dig Ultradavid and Mustard as a commentary duo

I remember somewhere online people hating on UltraDavid for commentating on Mkx around last year. Pissed me off because he's genuinely passionate about fighting games and very knowledgeable. I think he's a wonderful commentator! All fgc scenes need to be more open minded and inclusive.

Lucumo

I remember somewhere online people hating on UltraDavid for commentating on Mkx around last year. Pissed me off because he's genuinely passionate about fighting games and very knowledgeable. I think he's a wonderful commentator! All fgc scenes need to be more open minded and inclusive.

What? UltraDavid is awesome, how could anyone hate on him?

MechaX

Hold the fuck up, LTG trains for EVO and he enters in goddamn Tekken?!

I hope someone has an archive of that one for later

Has he showed up in SFV yet?

.la1n

Agreed. I'd rather listen to him on NRS game over the majority of the "true community commentators."

Top Bottom