• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

OK seriously, is it a match setting thing? Every time in the 1v3, the 1 person gets normal Tetris and 2 of the others get the blob version.

Yeah, in the mode they played, they all got to choose which game they played. People picked Puyo for strategic reasons.

The regular tournament was in swap mode, where they had to play both.

Miker

That's what I'm saying, why didn't amemiyataiyo ever have to play Puyo Puyo instead? With his speed advantage Tetris was easy.

He's playing versus where each player gets to pick which mode they want to play. I think most people find Puyo stronger than Tetris, unless you're Amemiya lol. The official tournament was for swap mode where they play both, and Amemiya still destroyed everyone.

Rev2 Top 8 for tomorrow:

Winners:
Nage (Faust) vs Tomo (Leo)
Purepure (Jack-O) vs Omito (Johnny)

Losers:
310 (Venom) vs Kazunoko (Raven)
Samitto (Chipp) vs Teresa (Jam)

Eight different characters, and no Sin or Zato. Really cool to see!

Was hoping for Daru to make top 8, but this will still be a really fun top 8.

colinp

Banned
Rev2 Top 8 for tomorrow:

Winners:
Nage (Faust) vs Tomo (Leo)
Purepure (Jack-O) vs Omito (Johnny)

Losers:
310 (Venom) vs Kazunoko (Raven)
Samitto (Chipp) vs Teresa (Jam)

Eight different characters, and no Sin or Zato. Really cool to see!

Was hoping for Daru to make top 8, but this will still be a really fun top 8.

Wow yeah that's awesome. Happy to see a Jam in there, too.

Man I'm so burnt out on these Silver/Gold level SFV players. Can't believe I actually used a vacation day for this lol. If one of the other games are in their quarterfinals already then I may give it a shot. Watching low level SF can be kind of fun, but it also makes me upset seeing all the missed opportunities and general lack of knowledge.

Top Bottom