• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Lol don't get so angry, it's not that big a deal

I don't know about you kids, but I've been watching streams since 2011. Daigo legit hasn't won anything since then lmao. He's all hype who can't actually win anything and these fanboys love it lol

He's seriously trash rofl
First off, no one making it out of pools at Evo is trash...the hyperbole is uncalled for, but Yeah daigo hasn't been dominate in SFV.

he needs to go back to his true main...I thought he honestly looked better as Ryu. And with all the complaints, defense is bound to get a little buff.

If he stuck with Ryu and focused on parrying the entire cast most abused moves, he would be a monster.

cj_iwakura

IT"S OVER

THE KING IS DEAD

tumblr_m93j91BQKT1qiqegzo2_500.gif

LONG LIVE THE KING SKETCHES

JAXXX

Punk beat Jeopardy and SJ beat Cloud805 but that's about it.

Maybe read what I said again and then think about what I said.

and Idom( SFV LAURA )plays marvel and he is really good. PR rog lost and is in losers. Davip, Takumi is in losers
Terry Bogard won his on stream match

we havent seen fchamp, justin,ryanlv,chris g or rayray

he needs to go back to his true main...I thought he honestly looked better as Ryu. And with all the complaints, defense is bound to get a little buff.

If he stuck with Ryu and focused on parrying the entire cast most abused moves, he would be a monster.
He most definitely works better with Ryu, I feel it's the game's mechanics and balancing working against him.

BiggNife

Lol don't get so angry, it's not that big a deal

I don't know about you kids, but I've been watching streams since 2011. Daigo legit hasn't won anything since then lmao. He's all hype who can't actually win anything and these fanboys love it lol

He's seriously trash rofl

He's come in first in like 15 major tournaments since 2011 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daigo_Umehara#Achievements

Just because someone doesn't make it to top 8 in Evo anymore doesn't mean he's trash jfc

bryt

Man why does James Chen always explain something from the past round and miss the rest of the next match all the time? Needs to learn when to move on.

BiggNife

I'm not paying attention to commentary or other streams today so got misinformed. Got family visiting. At least you were nice about it. Lol

Haha, no worries. Just as a general rule of thumb, never listen to what the chat says. Happens to everyone at least once.

He most definitely works better with Ryu, I feel it's the game's mechanics and balancing working against him.
It's how he wants to play, you can tell his Guile is basically textbook good. He could whoop butt online and make a Master Guile for sure, but his most creative play came when he was Ryu. I get that he's weaker, but there's something about just "sticking it out" with your character. And today a Ryu sent Smug to losers.

I really think Ryu (And Ken not by as much, Ken is still pretty solid) will be stronger with a tone down to the 50/50 stuff, which I believe is happening since it's almost unanimous it's gotten out of hand a bit.

Top Bottom