• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
I don't really want to look at penises or vaginas in a silly colorful game about driving cars and shooting people and hacking and wearing funny outfits. Not sure what the point is at all, but it doesn't seem worth obsessing over unless there's some nefarious intent behind it. I can't determine intent from an out of context still shot.

idk where this might even come up though. like with the women it was more like "NPC falls down, player peeks under skirt like a pervert". it's not so easy with dicks.
This was the video I saw. Just a random naked dude on the street.

nsfw

Anyway, I don't know why exactly Ubisoft felt the need to model genitalia in the game since it adds nothing to the experience, but I've got no problem with it seeing as how they show both male and female genitalia.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I don't really want to look at penises or vaginas in a silly colorful game about driving cars and shooting people and hacking and wearing funny outfits. Not sure what the point is at all, but it doesn't seem worth obsessing over unless there's some nefarious intent behind it. I can't determine intent from an out of context still shot.
Games are like, for adults, man. Like HBO.

On a similar edgy note, I propose to title the next OT Alt-GAF. Simple, succinct, defining.

This was the video I saw. Just a random naked dude on the street.

nsfw

Anyway, I don't know why exactly Ubisoft felt the need to model genitalia in the game since it adds nothing to the experience, but I've got no problem with it seeing as how they show both male and female genitalia.

oh well, I only read about the pussy peeking. if it's balanced out though I guess it's kinda okay. I withdraw my #sexism comment

FloatOn

I can't remember. Did we talk about the ghost in the shell trailer in here?

I think it seems okay despite the whitewashing.

Is the alt-left even a thing or is it like "neoliberal" which seems to change meaning depending on who's using it but is mainly used as a "slur" by far left people against moderates.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I can't remember. Did we talk about the ghost in the shell trailer in here?

I think it seems okay despite the whitewashing.
Im kinda on the same reaction as Beauty and The Beast. Everything looks fine except the leads which Im not sold on. Emma Watson playing herself sucks aa Belle and her range of emotions its extremely basic. As for Scarlett a role that should be fit for her since her acting range is wooden she seems to be trying to do more than she should.

Misha

Banned
Is the alt-left even a thing or is it like "neoliberal" which seems to change meaning depending on who's using it but is mainly used as a "slur" by far left people against moderates.
Pretty sure the alt right calls themselves that to avoid more direct terminology like white supremacists. The left really has no reason to do that besides like maybe ecoterrorists but when was the last time they've been relevant?

FloatOn

Im kinda on the same reaction as Beauty and The Beast. Everything looks fine except the leads which Im not sold on. Emma Watson playing herself sucks aa Belle and her range of emotions its extremely basic. As for Scarlett a role that should be fit for her since her acting range is wooden she seems to be trying to do more than she should.

I think Scarlett Johansson is pretty good when she isn't doing stupid marvel movies.

She was great in lost in translation, her and under the skin for instance.

I just think live action anime movies should have asians in the lead roles. I understand the argument for that.

Vazra

I think Scarlett Johansson is pretty good when she isn't doing stupid marvel movies.

She was great in lost in translation, her and under the skin for instance.

I just think live action anime movies should have asians in the lead roles. I understand the argument for that.
Scarlett is a mixed bag. She has a few good roles but she has mostly done one note performances and not just talking about Marvel films. You can blame it on the director if you like but that is still her performance anyway. Still we shall see how this turns out. At least seems like it will be better than Aeon Flux and Ultraviolet.

Pretty sure the alt right calls themselves that to avoid more direct terminology like white supremacists. The left really has no reason to do that besides like maybe ecoterrorists but when was the last time they've been relevant?

Tbh, ecoterrorists were my first thought. But yeah, they're essentially as irrelevant currently as Wi-fi Stein, so they probably supported her if anyone.

FloatOn

I want to be an ecoterrorist

12monkeys-pitt.jpg

I thought the GitS trailer was weird, but I didn't dislike it. I plan on going to see it anyway. It definitely reminds me of the anime, visually. I haven't watched the Beauty & the Beast trailer yet.

I want to be an ecoterrorist
I feel like there was an episode of Archer about an ecoterrorist.

Vazra

I thought the GitS trailer was weird, but I didn't dislike it. I plan on going to see it anyway. It definitely reminds me of the anime, visually. I haven't watched the Beauty & the Beast trailer yet.

I feel like there was an episode of Archer about an ecoterrorist.
They are trying to make a lot of scenes the same as the animated film. It's nice but in the end doesnt add anything new to the story.

Xiao Hu

I'm skeptical of this "lets transform cartoon/anime classics into life action fliks", especially since nothing that I've seen looks anything near interesting. And if Disney fucks up Mulan I'm going to be very pissed because a) Disney has always re-interpreted their sources from literature in an age conform way (The little Mermaid, Jungle Book, The Hunchback of Notre-Dame e.g.) which are very good cartoons in the end but didn't do justice to the original books in my opinion. And b) because in the case of Mulan I know the original story (I'm studying China related stuff) and all those rumours of white washing make me cringe a lot.

They are trying to make a lot of scenes the same as the animated film. It's nice but in the end doesnt add anything new to the story.
I hope they're adding a decent bit of new stuff. The original film was great, and seeing some of those sequences in live action will be cool, but I hope this can stand on its own.

Do we know if they're borrowing anything from Stand Alone Complex?

What's the point of a scene for scene live action remake of an animated film? I'd much rather watch the animated version than a big ball of CGI.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Story is already written
People have seen it before and will pay to see it in live action

Disney will have so much money by 2020 it'll be insane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom