• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F A K E G A F T E N

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Im glad we don't have thanksgiving in Germany tbh
"How do you say Thanksgiving in German? Danksagung?"

"No, it's still just Thanksgiving. Possibly with an accent. Pretty sure."

"No, it's stupid fat American day"

-Actual conversation I had with two university German students (one of which is my brother)

Xiao Hu

"How do you say Thanksgiving in German? Danksagung?"

"No, it's still just Thanksgiving. Possibly with an accent. Pretty sure."

"No, it's stupid fat American day"

-Actual conversation I had with two university German students (one of which is my brother)

It's Erntedankfest but we don't celebrate it that much nowadays. You might still find in the rural areas.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
thanksgiving-with-black-families-memes.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
On the subject of getting fat, I took the querl for dinner a few days ago:

Candied torreznos:
B9tr2xd.jpg

Deer paté with boletus vinaigrette:
d85c6zX.jpg

Low temperature egg with iberico, pureed potato and Pedro Ximénez reduction (LORD)
oxd3un3.jpg

Baby squid with onion, fresh chanterelle and dried white mushroom (NNNNG).
k26KOl4.jpg

Confit lamb with mushroom couscous.
tV2wZhV.jpg

Candied french toast.
ClGjbEt.jpg

Bonus picture:
2Se4igV.jpg

Jobbs

Banned
Funky, my minimum price to eat the snotty xenomorph egg is $1,000. Trab says she wouldn't do it for any price because she'd die.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
baked-eggs-700-1.jpg

"There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread."

Misha

Banned
I don't like thanksgiving and I'm always so happy when it's over

christmas is better

I feel similarly about christmas but less direct. It brings my family together and reminds me of why I have to keep them at arms length. (that their religion prevents them from accepting how id want to be)

Halloween is quickly becoming my favorite. Not nationalistic or religious (well Christian religious) at all.

Funky's meal looks delicious!

I ate processed chicken offal last night because I worked so late and my partner thinks adding Thai sugar chile sauce from a bottle to the above is cooking.

Could be worse, I guess.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Thanksgiving just seems like an increasingly wrong thing to celebrate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also I don't like the food

Thanksgiving itself seems fine to celebrate, The generation that originated it weren't the perpetrators of the atrocities that would come a century later. It was the first few generations born stateside that lost respect for the native peoples. Two cultures coming together is very much worth celebrating imo.

Jobbs

Banned
I feel similarly about christmas but less direct. It brings my family together and reminds me of why I have to keep them at arms length. (that their religion prevents them from accepting how id want to be)

Halloween is quickly becoming my favorite. Not nationalistic or religious (well Christian religious) at all.

With respect to Christmas I'm not religious at all but I like the seasonal decorations and songs and and the whole theme of it and find the whole thing to be fun ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Like from what I can tell Dead Rising 4 is christmas themed, and I just love that

zeemumu

Thanksgiving itself seems fine to celebrate, The generation that originated it weren't the perpetrators of the atrocities that would come a century later. It was the first few generations born stateside that lost respect for the native peoples. Two cultures coming together is very much worth celebrating imo.

But it does seem weird to jump at the chance to celebrate Thanksgiving and then drag our heels whenever someone mentions the ensuing awfulness that followed. I wonder how 1800s Thanksgivings went.

Misha

Banned
I forgot my dad bought a rush Limbaugh retelling of the mayflower last year.

If I don't survive, idk delete my account so it doesn't get traced back to me. Thnx

SolVanderlyn

I'm drunk y'all

AMA

"Who is most attractive in this thread?"

-Everyone, every Faker is gorgeous.

"What are you drinking?"

-Wine and vodka.

"What are you doing for Thanksgiving?"

-Having friends and family over for an apolitical extravaganza. Eating a shitload. I've been fasting for an entire day!

"Why are you so weird?"

-Genetics? I dunno bruh

"Why are you doing your own AMA?"

-I'm not a schizo. I'm just eccentric!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom